FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest ET1again

Yeah speaking of your PTS comment. You remember Martin?

Well he is a BM1 in the SELRES now because of PTS.

Yeah, he's back in G Lakes right now teaching again. PTS and ERB f'd over SO many people back then...glad I was able to stay in and even more glad that I was able to convert back. The CT community just wasn't for me, even though I'm still 'playing' CTR until I roll out in 3 weeks. Then back to ET land!

Lots of Ordies on here...  looking through the posts.  Probably the most I've seen on here at one time in a while...  Well almost time for me to log and watch "The Wire,"  can't wait to find out what happens to McNulty.

Guest Goalfocused

Here is my command history. Maybe I know some of you guys:

USS Shreveport (LPD-12) 2001-2006

COMPATRECONWING 11 2006-2009

USS Samuel B Roberts (FFG-58) 2009-2014

It would be nice to here from prior shipmates.

Anyone else's Chiefs acting differently this afternoon? Mine sure were. I can't help but hope it is a sign that things are doing to happen this week.. 

Lots of Ordies on here... looking through the posts. Probably the most I've seen on here at one time in a while... Well almost time for me to log and watch "The Wire," can't wait to find out what happens to McNulty.

Such a great show. I wish i could wipe parts of my memory and watch it again...

Guest theET

Yeah, he's back in G Lakes right now teaching again. PTS and ERB f'd over SO many people back then...glad I was able to stay in and even more glad that I was able to convert back. The CT community just wasn't for me, even though I'm still 'playing' CTR until I roll out in 3 weeks. Then back to ET land!

NIce just one tour as a CTR to take a break from ET, cant think of why anyone would be anything else though!

Yeah I lived next to him before and when he came back he moved by me again. And YES ERB did F over alot of Sailors. But maybe kicked out enough to help us get the S.

Such a great show. I wish i could wipe parts of my memory and watch it again...

Yeah ... I am on season 2 right now and I am HOOKED!!!  Another good show is Orphan Black... I was pleasantly suprised... That chick is an amazing actress.  There were a few times watching the show that it seemed like she really was different people.

Guest ISCmarriedtoITC

As the time draws closer I would like to say a early congrats to all that make it... For those of you who are married with children make sure you get your spouse an awesome gift to say thank you for being a single parent for the next 6 weeks... I remember my husband leaning to do our daughters hair, bringing the kids to the car washes and carrying the load... The challenge is about to begin.

Guest Dusten

Anyone else's Chiefs acting differently this afternoon? Mine sure were. I can't help but hope it is a sign that things are doing to happen this week.. 

I wasn't around this afternoon, but mine seemed normal when I did see him.

We have a BM1 FTS type that used to be a ciws fc, thanks to pts.

As the time draws closer I would like to say a early congrats to all that make it... For those of you who are married with children make sure you get your spouse an awesome gift to say thank you for being a single parent for the next 6 weeks... I remember my husband leaning to do our daughters hair, bringing the kids to the car washes and carrying the load... The challenge is about to begin.

Just got my wife a Mac Air... Pay it forward baby!!!  Pay ... it ... forward

Guest ET1again

NIce just one tour as a CTR to take a break from ET, cant think of why anyone would be anything else though!

Yeah I lived next to him before and when he came back he moved by me again. And YES ERB did F over alot of Sailors. But maybe kicked out enough to help us get the S.

Let's hope so! CTR was my only conversion option and I was lucky to get that even. I remember doing my PTS app at the NCs office over in BLDG 3 and there were 5 convert in quotas for CTR in my year group. There were already 84 apps for those 5 spots plus anyone that applied after I did. I appreciate the opportunity they gave me and being in a completely different community gives you a different perspective on things and I have learned a lot being here and from the Chief's mess here. Now to take it all and bring it back to the ship...hopefully as ETC though :)

Guest ISCmarriedtoITC

Just got my wife a Mac Air... Pay it forward baby!!!  Pay ... it ... forward

That doesn't count lol. It doesn't have to be a big gift lol. I never realized how much I pushed on my husband in 2008 when I made it... I was never home, no sleep, and only saw my children at the car washes... I owe my husband big time. Not only did he care for home and the children but he ran errands for things the selectees needed and more

• Like 1

We have a BM1 FTS type that used to be a ciws fc, thanks to pts.

I just found out this week that someone I used to work with went from being an active FC to a reserve LN...no idea if PTS or ERB was the culprit though.  I'm still trying to figure out why ERB was ever given the green light before asking for people to voluntarily retire early.

Thanks for opening up registration, Tony! It's great to be back! There is nothing to compare to making Chief (and waiting for those results), and this forum is the best thing to be a part of whether you get the "N" or "S"! Good luck to everyone!

Good to see you back. I'm friends with your husband. I was with him when he got his "S". I can only hope to experience that someday!

That doesn't count lol. It doesn't have to be a big gift lol. I never realized how much I pushed on my husband in 2008 when I made it... I was never home, no sleep, and only saw my children at the car washes... I owe my husband big time. Not only did he care for home and the children but he ran errands for things the selectees needed and more

Actually ... lets be candid here ... My wife has been asking me for a small light laptop for about 5 years now.  But instead of using my listening skills I always bought her a laptop with alot of technical stuff because that was what I wanted, but after years of asking I finally delivered exactly what she wanted after her last one broke.  It really had nothing to do with upcoming results.  I got her that laptop because she is the most loving, wonderful and supportive wife I have ever met in my 14 years in the Navy and whether I make it or not, she will be right by my side so she DESERVES a good laptop and if I had the world I would give it to her.

Guest ISCmarriedtoITC

Actually ... lets be candid here ... My wife has been asking me for a small light laptop for about 5 years now.  But instead of using my listening skills I always bought her a laptop with alot of technical stuff because that was what I wanted, but after years of asking I finally delivered exactly what she wanted after her last one broke.  It really had nothing to do with upcoming results.  I got her that laptop because she is the most loving, wonderful and supportive wife I have ever met in my 14 years in the Navy and whether I make it or not, she will be right by my side so she DESERVES a good laptop and if I had the world I would give it to her.

Tell her congrats. My husband did the same thing and it took me almost 5ys to get it but I Love my MacBook so very much. So much better the my HP laptop.

Tell her congrats. My husband did the same thing and it took me almost 5ys to get it but I Love my MacBook so very much. So much better the my HP laptop.

Her's was a Dell and OOOOH dont get me started on Dell... Or I'm gonna start walking around the room throwing my hands in the air and yelling...

Guest theET

Hey you never replied back to me! I thought that was you. Who is T

Good question I am just an ET1 that my old FCCS and ETCM said Shoot I guess you are THE ET1 huh. And its just kinda stuck even after I got to my next command all I have to do is call and say its ET1 and they say who and I reply THE ET1......Oh hey ETI White's on the phone for you!

Has anyone received anchors from someone and if so are you going to have them pin you with them. I has two sets of CPO and one set of SCPO that I was given. I would like for the two Senior Chiefs that gave me thier anchors to pin me and my son to present me with my cover.

My former LCPO gave me his when he made senior this year. First set I've been given. I was going to have my 2 older kids pin my anchors. Doesn't the sponsor usually do the cover? Not sure if this is a rule ir not.

Guest ET1again

Good question I am just an ET1 that my old FCCS and ETCM said Shoot I guess you are THE ET1 huh. And its just kinda stuck even after I got to my next command all I have to do is call and say its ET1 and they say who and I reply THE ET1......Oh hey ETI White's on the phone for you!

Justin?

Guest ISCmarriedtoITC

Her's was a Dell and OOOOH dont get me started on Dell... Or I'm gonna start walking around the room throwing my hands in the air and yelling...

I've never owned a dell because after using them at work I refuses to have one at home... I think my husband wanted me to have something to do since I'm Retired..... But I'm grateful for the worlds best husband always giving his wife the best.... Now if they will give me the results to the exam I can rejoice and start mailing even more stuff to the ship since he is on deployment :(

I've never owned a dell because after using them at work I refuses to have one at home... I think my husband wanted me to have something to do since I'm Retired..... But I'm grateful for the worlds best husband always giving his wife the best.... Now if they will give me the results to the exam I can rejoice and start mailing even more stuff to the ship since he is on deployment :(

I was actually a Dell customer for about my whole time in the Navy until this last computer...  It's their customer service that ruined it for me...  Oh an you gotta get yourself a profile pic... the siloutte or however you spell that is creepy to me... I hate the sill ooo et