FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest shooter mcgavin

Hah! There is a recent NAVADMIN (282245Z JUL 14) that states "CPO Selectees [from various commands] will live aboard "Old Ironsides" for five says and four nights, ...while learning how to set sails, fire 19th century guns, operate her capstan and man her gigs. The training will culminate in a three-hour underway demonstration in Boston Harbor".

Pretty epic, sure beats the earlier discussion about selectees moving into base barracks :)

That would be amazing. You would never forget that experience

Guest NavySquid79

Anybody in VA hear anything? Got a text they might be out at command level. I asked why they thought that and the response I got is "they are out in VA"...can anyone confirm?

I'm in Japan and my buddy is in VA. He got word that his command that the list was released late Wednesday evening to triad. I don't know his sourest but he does like to stay connected

Guest NavyWife4Life

That would be amazing to do. I doubt I'd get it though. Alternatively, I have heard about Selectees from Pearl living aboard the USS Missouri for a while during Phase II. Anyone know anything about that?

We just PCSed out of Hawaii - All three years we were there - select groups of CPO Selectees spent a night on the USS Missouri during the 6 weeks prior to pinning.  

Guest SaseboIT

Good morning to all from Japan! Thanks for the add Tony! Long time lurker here, 4th time up for Chief.  Curious to see what everyone thinks of my chances this year with the following info:

All of my time as a First has been in the FDNF.

2009:  (First Eval as a First)  WCS, MP

2010: LPO-AT-SEA, # 3 of 11 EP

2011: LPO-AT-SEA, #1 MP of 12 (Noted in eval: "only due to strangth of summary group and change in reporting senior)

2012: (New Command)  Started off as a detachment, then Commissioned a brand new command.  So, this eval was a closeout for the detachment Jul31.  Comms LPO, MP

2012: (Regular Eval) LPO, #2 of 31 EP, SSOY

2013: LPO, #3 of 34 EP

Outside Eduaction includes:

MCSA Server 2003

MCSA Server 2008

2 Completed USMAPS certification

Collateral duties held throughout this time:

CMEO

ESWS Coordinator

Command Sponsor Coordinator

Critiques welcome please...Thanks and of course good luck to all!!!

Guest Philwishinson

All, I am currently accepting applications for an "inside informant". A well qualified candidate should be able to relay, ever changing, rock solid information to me night and day until results are released. Apply within, please be CPR certified.

Guest NYC Rigger

I haven't found anything saying 2014, and perhaps I am misreading, but the title of the article does say "annual" suggesting the event occurs every year (I think I read something about that the other day). I think the part about taking the ship to sea under her own power was only going to be in 2012.

It is an annual event but I have not seen the message for this year yet.

I haven't found anything saying 2014, and perhaps I am misreading, but the title of the article does say "annual" suggesting the event occurs every year (I think I read something about that the other day). I think the part about taking the ship to sea under her own power was only going to be in 2012.

the last part of the conversation 20, 30 , 40 pages back was the the CPO Heritage portion was discontinued. and I think it went on that they were not sure. But that is not the issue.

Guest we do it with freqs

I provided the DTG; the message is coming from the PLA <CNO WASHINGTON DC>. I don't have access to traffic on an UNCLAS system, but your ITs (I'm sure) will be happy to accommodate you and pull the message :)

subject reads "USS CONSTITUTION CHIEF PETTY OFFICER (CPO) HERITAGE TRAINING"

They are to host 140 selects and 20 mentors (chiefs) weekly. There are detailed instructions for commands to nominate people for this.

I'm at a joint command. We don't get a lot of navy message traffic and what little traffic we do get is not managed by the ITs

Guest Sub ET

You are providing some misleading information and you ask if you are being Punk'd. 

That is pretty funny. Today i caught a chief changing the names of last years navadmin, he got some of the guys in my shop with it..... just lucky enough to see him writing it up or I may have gotten punked my self.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is based on any trustworthy source, but my vote is results are coming out tomorrow!  Which leads me to a question...

Several people have ruled out Friday because of the triad notification.  Would it not be possible for them to get word first thing and tell their people by the end of the day (aka noon)?

Guest NYC Rigger

The only thing I can think of is because of "budget concerns."

That seems to be the catch-all reason now-a-days.

See the way the Navy's bank account is set up ahahahaha! You are so right they throw budget constraints at every situation!

I agree it could be because of funding.  The parent command has to pay for their selectees to go for a week.  I will let you guys know what I find out

ok thanks, I thought they had done a major renovation of it too so it seems like a waste to use it for its purpose, but money I guess.

I'm in Japan and my buddy is in VA. He got word that his command that the list was released late Wednesday evening to triad. I don't know his sourest but he does like to stay connected

Yeah my NC buddy is up there and said their triad got the notification about 1930 EST that the results were available to triad personnel. But no one outside VA has said anything and your the first person to hear anything similar

Guest bradwiss85

I saw a message today about the heritage week. I'll get the DTG and NAVADMIN number in the morning when I head back in. I'm stationed in Groton, CT so it's not terribly far from here.

We share the same troubles...and I have a shirt of your avatar...I wear it regularly and get some laughs.

It sucks. Even my orders had to be emailed to me directly because we don't get navy traffic.

I was gonna buy the shirt but I keep forgetting. While looking for an image I came across it on my phone and found it fitting.