FY 15 Chief Selection Board

I am not a patient person either.  This is my 8th and final time up for it.  The wait has and always will be the hardest part.  Even when everyone keeps telling me to stop being the negative Nancy because they know I will make it.  It has happend every year, and I still get the "N".  Here is to the last shot!!!

It's great to have the confidence of your leaders and the guys you lead but it sucks big time to be let down with that N on bol.

I know that feeling all too well. Last year my Chief even got down to giving me the gouge for the Meet & Greet; time, location, topics...was horrible when we got the list. We were both very disappointed. Everyone was expecting to see me on the list. Worst feeling in the world. Felt like I let everyone down. Thought last year was my best shot...guess we'll see what this year brings. But I will say this; I'm not getting my hopes up. If I make it awesome. If not, well, I have at least one more legitimate shot before I start planning on retirement. Again, good luck folks ;)

I know the feeling. Getting the N last year motivated me to finish my degree and apply for OCS. So I'm also waiting on that. Call me greedy but I want both.

Guest RJMIII

No more lurking about in the darkness, it's time to step into the registered light! Thank you for the add Tony! Funny little story about our command waiting for the results...Our CCC is SBE and our skipper asked him today "hey ___, did the results come out yet?". dun, dun, dun-we failed the "your triad should know first" test apparently :D

Guest Proud Navy Wife 07

I would like to say thank you Tony for opening up registration and good luck to everyone waiting for results. As a spouse I know what the wait feels like and I know how much harder it is as the active duty side as well as I am prior service. Good luck and hope all see that "S" when the time comes

• Like 1

I remember reading something from mcpon stating that the night before pinning. Couldn't go beyond midnight.

From MCPON's CPO 365 Guidance: The Final Test may begin no earlier than 0600 on September 15.  It must conclude no later than 2359 on September 15.

• Like 1

Guest ibeira

So just to add fuel to the fire, I am an IT, I was leaving my COs office and he says have a good night IT1, so i reply as I should, you do the same sir.... then just as I am out of the office he says make sure you get a good night sleep and has a grin on his face. I remember someone said something about the TRIAD getting an email 24 hours prior to results, I wonder if he got something. UGH really like I didnt have enough to worry about. I sure hope these results are out tomorrow.

• Like 1

Guest ISCmarriedtoITC

I stay on the forum more now as I await my husbands results than I did when I was awaiting my Chief results.... I can't take it I need to know ASAP so I can finally sleep.

• Like 1

I personally asked my Skipper before he left the a Office this afternoon if he has received any notification for results and he said he hasn't. As his ESO he promised to let me know when he gets the notification.

I personally asked my Skipper before he left the a Office this afternoon if he has received any notification for results and he said he hasn't. 

This is the smartest thing I've seen all day! BZ!

Guest YN(?)

well I am getting kind of worried, I haven't seen anything on bol letting the triad know to check their access.  The triad at my command has not received any emails.  Is tomorrow going to be the day or not?

Thanks for opening up registration, Tony!  It's great to be back!  There is nothing to compare to making Chief (and waiting for those results), and this forum is the best thing to be a part of whether you get the "N" or "S"!  Good luck to everyone!

Guest Intel Weenie

well I am getting kind of worried, I haven't seen anything on bol letting the triad know to check their access. The triad at my command has not received any emails. Is tomorrow going to be the day or not?

At this point, I'm just going to start using a Magic 8 Ball to figure it out...

So just to add fuel to the fire, I am an IT, I was leaving my COs office and he says have a good night IT1, so i reply as I should, you do the same sir.... then just as I am out of the office he says make sure you get a good night sleep and has a grin on his face. I remember someone said something about the TRIAD getting an email 24 hours prior to results, I wonder if he got something. UGH really like I didnt have enough to worry about. I sure hope these results are out tomorrow.

Man. I hope you're right. Only time will tell.