FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest Squidballs79

Just got the same message here.  Firm Date of Aug 5th.  First time ever hearing that

Yeah its a firm date, got the same date from two very reliable sources.

Guest Sardog007

Long time lurker on this forum. Best of luck to all "Prospective Chief Selects this year!" This is my 3rd time up and hoping my last. They're only making 4 this time so it's not looking very promising. My guess for the big release is tomorrow afternoon sometime, but my guess is as good as anyone else's... We shall see!

Guest Courageofgold

There can't be a firm date, they have never put out a firm date for this. with the new release style no one will know but the triad when the results will be out.

I don't know if this has been explained since I haven't read the whole 180 pages, but why does it take so long to validate the list once the board is done?  I'd assume they scrub the board eligible list to ensure no one is being sent to the board that isn't eligible.  The board eligible list is a bigger list than the selection list, and if the eligible list has been given the green light what makes it take so long?  I'm just curious as I've never been curious about the process from the board ending till the list being publish.  It just randomly popped into my head.  I know it has to get signed off on for approval, but shouldn't that only take a couple days not weeks?

I believe that selectee's records are scrubed; PRIMS, NJP, Security Clearances etc.

Guest AM1P-3LetsGo

I'm getting the 5th also. CMC said no way for a Friday release so if we don't get the 24 hr TRIAD notice today you can pretty much bank on next week. LOOOOOONNNNNGGG weekend coming up.

Guest Squidballs79

There can't be a firm date, they have never put out a firm date for this. with the new release style no one will know but the triad when the results will be out.

Ok well I'm going with the 5th based on the fact that this came from pretty high up and it falls with in the 6 week phase II but thats just my two cents.

Actually, they did put out a firm date which is weird.  Not from NPC or anything but multiple users have received the same message officially from their command.  Looking at the intel that has been going around this matches.  First it was Results today, then people got notification that it may be pushed back to next week.  Then Sources in Millington and DC began saying next week, then we received a firm date of 5 AUG from our Chiefs Mess here, they wouldn't be putting out dates unless that is what is going to happen, I have NEVER heard of a command putting out dates before...  I'm inclined to believe this one...

Unless they do a 48 hour notice like they did with the reserves, start the 48 hour notice tomorrow, triad release on Monday due to the weekend, would make the 5th a firm date for public release.  Then again I'm just tired and need to go to sleep so in my state of mind that makes sense to me.  See you guys and gals tomorrow for another round of guess the date?

Guest LastChanceNC1

There can't be a firm date, they have never put out a firm date for this. with the new release style no one will know but the triad when the results will be out.

Not true. FTS knew 2 days before release. This year only. It's not unreasonable to expect the same format for ACT. Of course I believe August 5th is a little to far away for us to know now. I'd expect a shorter time lapse than FTS since there's more active. Just my logic.

Guest Courageofgold

not true, they do not know when the results will be out.

sorry, it was a misstype, nobody knows, thats right.  the triad will be the only ones to know when the results are out, not when they are coming.  they will not publish a date because there are so many factors determining the release of the names.

sorry, it was a misstype, nobody knows, thats right.  the triad will be the only ones to know when the results are out, not when they are coming.  they will not publish a date because there are so many factors determining the release of the names.

Yes, they'll should be the first to know after callout where CNP has given his blessing. It is then given to that office that I can't remember for however they release them.  :)

Guest Intel Weenie

"Chief results are never late, nor are they early...they're released precisely when they're meant to" - Galdalf the Grey

Guest shooter mcgavin

1315 EST and not a peep. doubt its happening today which most likely means next week. or next year. who the hell knows? You would think with deadlines involved in everything the Navy does and the hard work being done by Sailors around the world to meet those deadlines that it cant be that hard to designate a certain date(s) to release them, and if there are issues that would cause the release to be pushed to the right, what is the harm in putting the word out publicly? I do not understand the secrecy.

Just woke up (night shift) and I was hoping for better news on here. Seems that the general consensus is for august 5th. I really hope that is not accurate. I'm so over this waiting game.

1315 EST and not a peep. doubt its happening today which most likely means next week. or next year. who the hell knows? You would think with deadlines involved in everything the Navy does and the hard work being done by Sailors around the world to meet those deadlines that it cant be that hard to designate a certain date(s) to release them, and if there are issues that would cause the release to be pushed to the right, what is the harm in putting the word out publicly? I do not understand the secrecy.

While this part of the season is exciting, I've ever understood the waiting either. In fact, officer boards usually release results within days. Granted, I suppose that there will be lower numbers on that side but if a better system is in place somewhere else in the navy let's make it a standard.

Guest AWFChief

I'm getting the 5th also. CMC said no way for a Friday release so if we don't get the 24 hr TRIAD notice today you can pretty much bank on next week. LOOOOOONNNNNGGG weekend coming up.

When you get the TRIAD notice that is the release.  This Friday thing means you won't get a Triad release on a Friday.  So there's still hope for tomorrow.

Guest shooter mcgavin

if it really is next week my house is going to be spotless by the end of the weekend. im talking floors clean enough to eat off of. i might reshingle my roof, wax the underside of my truck. walk all of my neighbors dogs. i dunno if there is enough time.  i have way too much anxious energy and will not be able to sit still.

Guest CPA-GMWIFE

if it really is next week my house is going to be spotless by the end of the weekend. im talking floors clean enough to eat off of. i might reshingle my roof, wax the underside of my truck. walk all of my neighbors dogs. i dunno if there is enough time.  i have way too much anxious energy and will not be able to sit still.

Well if you have that much nervous energy I have a car that needs washed..... :D LOL I hear you, I tried to walk away from the forum for a bit and ended up dumping my drink on the carpet, salsa on the couch and stubbing my toe.  UGH if I were in shape I'd go running!!!

So ... here is my theory.  The reason we wont see them is because of this new triad release thingy.  If there was no Triad issue, then I would put a 100 dollars down on a tomorrow release, BUT since we HAVE TO HAVE a triad release first, then if today is a no go, they wont publicly release on a Friday or Triad release on a Friday so that means a Monday Triad Tuesday release... So in a nutshell, the Triad release is trash... otherwise we'd know this week...

So ... here is my theory.  The reason we wont see them is because of this new triad release thingy.  If there was no Triad issue, then I would put a 100 dollars down on a tomorrow release, BUT since we HAVE TO HAVE a triad release first, then if today is a no go, they wont publicly release on a Friday or Triad release on a Friday so that means a Monday Triad Tuesday release... So in a nutshell, the Triad release is trash... otherwise we'd know this week...

I don't think so. Everything up to CNP callout is the same. The only difference is that the office that releases the results releases it to Triad. Just "pushing another button". If anything it's quicker because it goes to less people in a group that is already established. Plus that puppy face you have there is flat out too scary to allow for a delay to Triad.

Guest amAZ1ng

I have a long haired chihuahua that could use a haircut, new eyelashes, eyebrow plucking and finger nail polish if you have time for it....

Guest shooter mcgavin

I have a long haired chihuahua that could use a haircut, new eyelashes, eyebrow plucking and finger nail polish if you have time for it....

bring him over and i will shave him. my daughters will have to help with the nail polish.