FY 15 Chief Selection Board

So I just got off watch. A Chief came in and told us guys in Combat that the results have been released and the CMC has them. I ran to my shop to jump on here and see if anybody else has heard the same, but I'm higly disappointed now. Let the waiting game continue....

Chief was like, "Watch this...". Hahaha Trying to find humor in all this...I'm patiently waiting, but this is ridiculous! After 0600 here in Hawaii, here's to good news today! Good luck brothers and sisters! Alooooha!

Guest FCC_Thawk

So I just got off watch.  A Chief came in and told us guys in Combat that the results have been released and the CMC has them.  I ran to my shop to jump on here and see if anybody else has heard the same, but I'm higly disappointed now.  Let the waiting game continue....

Mind games my friend, mind games....

Guest Intel Weenie

My Chief just called me and asked me what I was up to...and I said nothing, just waiting on results and reading the forums. He laughed at me and said "Didn't I tell you to wait until next week...", and I said I know...I just can't stop reading these forums lol. I'm an addict!!

Hello, my name is IS1 and I'm a forumaholic...

Guest NavyAE

I was told that friday all selects will be on stage to be greated by the mess. There are over 400 Chiefs on the base that I am on and only 19 SBE. Should be fun if I get the S.

Guest Intel Weenie

My stomach is in knots! I don't even want to eat lunch.. :graphics-3d-smileys-857605:

Lunch done...time for the post lunch smoke break! Smoke'em if you got'em! :P

Must be lunch on the east coast down to 401 users.  I'm about to call it a day.  I don't know how my command plans on letting people know, probably phone calls since it's shore duty and we don't have any dets out right now.

Didn't think my post was stirring the pot, but I understand.  Definitely won't post anything again about results until I get the "S" or the "N".  Good luck all, I'm going to get some MCI preps done.

Guest shooter mcgavin

I was told that friday all selects will be on stage to be greated by the mess. There are over 400 Chiefs on the base that I am on and only 19 SBE. Should be fun if I get the S.

Well that's not the least bit intimidating. Hope you are right. I am in the dark over here. Nsw has no gouge or is very good about opsec. Probably both.

Guest Blondie

Well that's not the least bit intimidating. Hope you are right. I am in the dark over here. Nsw has no gouge or is very good about opsec. Probably both.

You at one of the MCTs?

Today seems boring I am stuck on CSOOW watch ready for results to be out or everyone to leave.......Duty uh

That'd def make the duty day better.

Guest theET

That'd def make the duty day better.

Hopefully better not worse, I am hoping for a 1MC announcement or some news that they arent out besides al the MC and SC are saying scuttle but leads to Friday now.

Results will be out on the 5th.

Just got the same message here.  Firm Date of Aug 5th.  First time ever hearing that

I don't know if this has been explained since I haven't read the whole 180 pages, but why does it take so long to validate the list once the board is done?  I'd assume they scrub the board eligible list to ensure no one is being sent to the board that isn't eligible.  The board eligible list is a bigger list than the selection list, and if the eligible list has been given the green light what makes it take so long?  I'm just curious as I've never been curious about the process from the board ending till the list being publish.  It just randomly popped into my head.  I know it has to get signed off on for approval, but shouldn't that only take a couple days not weeks?

Even though this time of year is hard, I still enjoy the anticipation and excitement of this whole process. There's really nothing like it anywhere else in the military (that I know of).

I seem to remember results coming out at 1300 last year, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Standing by for 1300!! (My prediction is that results will be out today for commands, and public tomorrow) (My second prediction is that they'll be out tomorrow for commands and public on Friday! Booyah!!

Guest docjt95

Quick Question and maybe someone know the answer.  If a salior is not selected, does it shows what was missing or any explanation given? Or is it a No and that is all?

Unfortunatley it's just an "N" with no explanation.  The Non-Select CDBs are designed to hopefully discover why they were not selected.  Hope this helps.

Guest AEGFC87

I hope not! That would make for a super long weekend! Last weekend seemed to drag on forever, another weekend of waiting would be ridiculous!

Guest GASMAN96

If you really believed that then you would feel at ease an have logged off. No one knows we're all guessing, calling, hearing, and hoping we're the ones to guess correctly. Defininition of going insane!! :graphics-3d-smileys-313328: