FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Very long time lurker here. Always good info and I have continued to utilize the info even after being selected. Great stuff.

Just wanted to say good luck/break a leg to all the SBE's. You are on the threshold of a very important career milestone. If you get the S this year, you will be amazed at just how much you will learn. Mostly, about yourself. 

For those who do not get selected this year, keep pushing and improving. Unfortunately, there are those who will be passed up again and again and may never get selected. That in itself does not define you or your career. It's a human process, mistakes happen no matter how thorough, tedious, and diligent they work to get it perfect, it will never be perfect.

Looking forward to seeing the list and hopefully getting to know some of you all in the coming weeks. Again, good luck!

Heads up. My husband just called me and said all of the Chiefs were called to a meeting. :wacko:

Eh, that happens all the time. Especially around this time of year. There are mandatory safety briefs, etc etc. Probably nothing. Although.....let me check my email ;)

Guest LastChanceNC1

Question. The FTS had a 2 day heads up on release. I know its not written that it shall be done this way but why wouldn't we get notice of release? In other words is anyone really expecting release today without that advanced notification? I think if anything we would only get notification today and released tomorrow at best. Seems like all the negative Nancy's are in fairly reliable networks with even more fairly reliable sources and I am starting to buy into next week even though my countdown app goes to "0" tomorrow at 0900.

Guest charlesb

I don't know if I should read anything into this, but I can't log in to BOL.   It keeps booting me out & pops the "You have been logged out of BUPERS Online. . ." message each time I try - and that's with closing my browser each time.  Anybody else having the same problem?

-MU1

Guest Intel Weenie

I don't know if I should read anything into this, but I can't log in to BOL.   It keeps booting me out & pops the "You have been logged out of BUPERS Online. . ." message each time I try - and that's with closing my browser each time.  Anybody else having the same problem?

-MU1

Got in just fine with the bane of all that is web browsing, Internet Explorer. Chrome didn't work for me, but that's what I normally use. Gonna try Firefox and see if that works as well.

Guest AEGFC87

I don't know if I should read anything into this, but I can't log in to BOL. It keeps booting me out & pops the "You have been logged out of BUPERS Online. . ." message each time I try - and that's with closing my browser each time. Anybody else having the same problem?

-MU1

Mine is good. Try closing out all of your open browser windows and then retry logging in to BOL.

355 users with 48 members, just hit page 180.  You guys keep it up this could reach 200 pages before results are out.

Guest itdominance

355 users with 48 members, just hit page 180.  You guys keep it up this could reach 200 pages before results are out.

we should be over 200 by then! easily

Guest charlesb

Mine is good. Try closing out all of your open browser windows and then retry logging in to BOL.

That did the trick.  Still last year's N. :(

Just a quick Tip. If the Active Duty release is anything like the Reserve Release than checking BOL won't do any good until 24hrs after the results are released to the triad....

A reminder from what a Senior Chief posted yesterday.  If you keep F5'ing BOL you can bog it down so triads cannot get into BOL to get the list.  Just a little PSA for when the notification comes that commands have the list.  Just thought I'd share since I saw people talking about not getting into BOL.

Guest charlesb

Question. The FTS had a 2 day heads up on release. I know its not written that it shall be done this way but why wouldn't we get notice of release? In other words is anyone really expecting release today without that advanced notification? I think if anything we would only get notification today and released tomorrow at best. Seems like all the negative Nancy's are in fairly reliable networks with even more fairly reliable sources and I am starting to buy into next week even though my countdown app goes to "0" tomorrow at 0900.

Right now, I'll take the results with or without the heads up!

Guest Intel Weenie

So, due to an appointment, I missed our little monthly get together this morning with the CO (Navy Group PT with the CO/Director, I'm at a joint command), and it was put out by the CO that results will not be out until next week. So now that's 3 separate sources, plus the reports from the pentagon, that are confirming a release next week.

In the Intel world, that becomes a pretty good bet. Can it be wrong, yes. Like I've said before, who knows...I just think it's weird that those of us in DC are hearing next week, but the rest of the fleet disagrees. Guess we'll have to wait and see who's intel is stronger! ;) Either way, good luck everyone.

So I just got off watch. A Chief came in and told us guys in Combat that the results have been released and the CMC has them. I ran to my shop to jump on here and see if anybody else has heard the same, but I'm higly disappointed now. Let the waiting game continue....

That's just evil... I would be legitimately mad at that guy.

Guest AEGFC87

So I just got off watch. A Chief came in and told us guys in Combat that the results have been released and the CMC has them. I ran to my shop to jump on here and see if anybody else has heard the same, but I'm higly disappointed now. Let the waiting game continue....

Let's hope that was a true statement. Even just knowing that the triads had the results would be a relief at this point, even if it wasn't put out on here first.