FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest Philwishinson

I keep telling myself "I will not refresh the forum page until XXX is done" and just keep refreshing the page. Your tax dollars at work.

Results next week would make the 'season' less than 6 weeks though...don't see that happening unless there's some sort of admin hang up with the results.

The MCPON Guidance to CPO 365 says not to rely on a 6 week Phase 2. I would guess his reasoning is to let the CPO's know to mentor the FCPO's 24/7 365. Nothing to do with the release date. The original plan was to release the results this week. This is being told to me by someone who has a good "informant", if you will, in Millington. We all know things change but the plan was to release this week.

Guest FCC_Thawk

After 7 times of going through this wait...I still don't understand why no one can ever just come out and say, officially, "No not today, get back to work'...it seems like this would increase the productivity of the SBE community around this time of year lol

Intel Weenie, have you ever been stationed on BKH by any chance?

Guest amcreed

There's nothing saying that it absolutely has to be 6 weeks. From and Admin perspective a release today would be far-fetched because the board convened a week later than last year.

The board also finished a week early this year too though.

Guest amcreed

Results next week would make the 'season' less than 6 weeks though...don't see that happening unless there's some sort of admin hang up with the results.

Next Tuesday is exactly 6 weeks from the pinning...so it would be 6 weeks if it came out early next week.

Guest ET1again

Time will tell...the moment someone gets word they made it, it'll spread like wildfire! I never said it has to be 6 weeks, but it's traditionally 6 weeks and we all know that they want you drinking the CPO Kool Aid as long as possible before the pinning.

Guest AEGFC87

Next Tuesday is exactly 6 weeks from the pinning...so it would be 6 weeks if it came out early next week.

Even if it came out Monday morning ET, then Japan would get the results Tuesday morning their time and have to start training immediately to get 6 weeks of phase 2 in. I don't think that would happen barring any admin setback.

Guest CPA-GMWIFE

Seriously this is just soooo painful!!!!! Issue the dang results already  :29_128:  I can't take this anymore, pretty pretty please .....

Guest amAZ1ng

Well, I was away for a few days doing "recruiter stuff" and I figured by the time I made it back, the results would be out or at least a set date... I was wrong (as usual).  I guess we continue to wait and wonder.  My CMC is not letting out ANY info and my Chief's mess doesn't seem too worried either. Then again, around here, not much matters but MAKING GOAL! Gotta man the fleet.

Guest theET

You also have to take into account the first weekend. One of the SC just said either Friday or next week, he doesnt see a Friday because in the past the go from CPO select to PO2 in one weekend.

Guest we do it with freqs

If they wait til next week, that will be the latest the results have been released in at least 3 years. Despite when the board convened and when it concluded, the results were on MCPONs desk Monday (I'd say reliable DC informant, but everyone has informants and they are all saying something different). However I did hear that they haven't been signed yet, but whatever day they are signed, the Triads will be notified that day too (again...more chitter chatter and speculation, just relaying what I've heard)

Guest we do it with freqs

You also have to take into account the first weekend. One of the SC just said either Friday or next week, he doesnt see a Friday because in the past the go from CPO select to PO2 in one weekend.

That and releasing on a Friday doesn't give the CoC a chance to keep an eye on those that didn't get selected. Some people can go off the deep end when they find out they don't make it.

Guest theET

That and releasing on a Friday doesn't give the CoC a chance to keep an eye on those that didn't get selected. Some people can go off the deep end when they find out they don't make it.

True you never know what people will do but ITCS swears either Friday or next week but he doesnt know exactaly when.

I HOPE hes wrong

Guest GASMAN96

On a positive note over the last few years from the release date to the pinning it's been 6 weeks plus 1 to 3 days if that helps.

:graphics-3d-smileys-139353:

Guest amcreed

The results we not on MCPONS desk on Monday. This is not from an informant, this is what I know. The MCPON's flag writer didn't block off his schedule for ADMIN time for the results until Monday evening....meaning he was planning to get them yesterday or today.

So the results were sent to MCPON on monday and he was just planning on looking at them yesterday or today?