FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest MM1(SS)Nuke

Agree.... Agangchief's first post on this forum is about the results being delay.  I would think an informant would have multiple posts and known source over time. I think the results will still be this week.

I have to agree with Tony that your reasoning is a little off.  That is pretty much how it works every year.  Someone pops in with a post or two and then disappears with no one ever paying attention to what they said, but they were right on.  I noticed that being his first post and thought about it.  I am pretty surprised that Tony brought more attention to it.  

Guest SOY13

Don't worry, each of us has a story behind the evaluations we received. Yours is great too just stay positive and stress free.

don't stress and doing the math you are in the top ten% and you was holding an LCPO spot...!!! GOOD LUCK

I have to agree with Tony that your reasoning is a little off.  That is pretty much how it works every year.  Someone pops in with a post or two and then disappears with no one ever paying attention to what they said, but they were right on.  I noticed that being his first post and thought about it.  I am pretty surprised that Tony brought more attention to it.  

yeah and it doesn't always work that way with the multiple post, known source thingy. Many times people want to remain anonymous for whatever reason and provide some scuttlebutt in a different way. Regardless, if someone contacts me it doesn't necessarily mean I'll post anything. 

I stand corrected.... Belay my last :)

Guest AE1forlife

Hello prospective CPO's. I have a informant in Millington told me Aug 5 triad release/ Wed Aug 6 Nav admin. So take that for what its worth, Keep up the hard work and keep leading our Sailors. If your number is called be ready to answer and if it's not KEEP CHARGING. Navy Chief/Navy Pride..

hope he is wrong realy dont want to wait another week

btw love the new profile pic, :bigemo_harabe_net-24:

Guest MM1(SS)Nuke

With that being said, I am still hoping that he is wrong and results will be out before that.  I don't believe that what was said there is set in stone, I just believe that your reasoning of discounting it based on number of posts was off.  Good luck to all.

• Like 1

that's cool, stranger things happen here and it's ok to have an opinion. MM1(SS)Nuke hit it on the nose about everything including being surprised that more attention was not brought to that post. 

Not sure if I quoted right hope so.....

Well I usually tell him I am relieved I /we the family needs him right now and we are Christians so it helps to say God knows when you will be the best chief you can and that's when you will make it. He always takes it well. Then I always tell him he is my chief at night "wink wink"

hope he is wrong realy dont want to wait another week

btw love the new profile pic, :bigemo_harabe_net-24:

Oops, darn it. You may be locked from changing your profile pic back so I can do it if you are lock but it will have to wait for tomorrow... gotta' start the maintenance stuff now. Let me know

Guest AE1forlife

Oops, darn it. You may be locked from changing your profile pic back so I can do it if you are lock but it will have to wait for tomorrow... gotta' start the maintenance stuff now. Let me know

no worries it is a cute one may just keep it a while

Guest FT1SS

When I left work tonight I had a text from a buddy of mine that just transferred to NPC. He says the rumors out there are tomorrow (Wednesday).... And that correlates with what my Chief's Quarters is sayin...

The 10% deal is broken out (and debunked) early on in this topic.  I'm not going to try and dig it up out of 170 pages though!  If I recall correctly though, there was, at one point, a breakdown of how many "early candidates" could be promoted to CPO.  Then, in 2005(?) the instruction was revamped and that portion removed.

Edit:  ...and hit "submit" too late.  Oops.

Brand new to this forum. Great stuff I have been reading on here.  Something that has really stood out to me is this 10% of Selectees are under 10 years in the Navy.  I have heard that my whole career but never seen it in black and white in any instruction or message.  Anyone have credible guidance on this?

That guidance went away a couple of years ago. 

Guest NavySquid79

Question for the group.  Has anyone added up their last five years of eval trait averages and then divided that number by the number of evals, and then done the same for your reporting seniors averages and compared the two numbers?  I have been told that this will give them a good look at how your last five year performance has been.  Have any of you heard this before?

Guest BigFishCA

That guidance went away a couple of years ago. 

I don't want to go against the grain here, but I read last year something to that regard in writing, however I have heard from MCPO's present and past who have sat the board, that they do not abide by the 10% anymore.  Either way, the same result....my AE mannerism becomes apparent. lol

Question for the group.  Has anyone added up their last five years of eval trait averages and then divided that number by the number of evals, and then done the same for your reporting seniors averages and compared the two numbers?  I have been told that this will give them a good look at how your last five year performance has been.  Have any of you heard this before?

I've heard this somewhere in the forum.  Never heard of it before, but  I'm sitting at 4.19(IND)  vs  3.41(RS).  Looks good to me.

Guest Broddog

I just did and my average is 4.37 and the Reporting senior average is 4.14...

Bigfish;

Because I have insomnia lately (wonder why...); here's what was mentioned earlier this year:

DoD Directive 1304.20 was revised in 2005 and removed all verbiage limiting services to advancing 10% of "early eligibles" as determined by the Total Active Federal Military Service (TAFMS).

Guest NavySquid79

my average is 4.06 and my RS average is 3.92.  I guess as long as you are higher its a good thing?  I have not really heard much about it.

Guest BigFishCA

Bigfish;

Because I have insomnia lately (wonder why...); here's what was mentioned earlier this year:

If you are still awake ( I am because I am on the West coast and also awaiting results) BUPERSINST 1430.16F  DATED 2 Nov 07 says the following:

1202. EARLY SELECTEE QUOTA. Department of Defense (DOD) has 
established the Total Active Federal Military Service (TAFMS) 
requirement which is to be met prior to a member’s advancement 
to a given paygrade. TAFMS requirements are as follows: 
 E7 – 11 years 
 E8 – 16 years 
E9 – 19 years 
DOD has made provisions for early advancements. An “early” 
candidate is one who does not meet the TAFMS minimum service 
requirements. No more than 10 percent of the total number of 
Sailors in the E7/8/9 paygrades may have less than the 
prescribed TAFMS. The number of “early” selectee quotas 
available to the selection board is limited to a percentage of 
the total selectee quota. CNO (N13) monitors this and informs 
the board of what percentage can be early selectees. The 
percentage is an overall board figure, not a quota by rate. 

This is dated after the 2005 DOD instruction which happens to not have any mention of the 10%, but also cancels the previous instruction.  So.....

Guest FBMA2002KB

Just saw a flyer posted on our Uniform exchange here in Japan that one of the ships have a scheduled uniform fitting for CPO selectees for one of home ported ships Thursday night 1930 Japan time.

Just saw a flyer posted on our Uniform exchange here in Japan that one of the ships have a scheduled uniform fitting for CPO selectees for one of home ported ships Thursday night 1930 Japan time.

Hope there is some truth to this.  It will mean we're almost there.