FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest we do it with freqs

do you think they would push the pinning date or is it set in stone

Pinning is always on or as close to the 16th as possible. I don't see that being changed

Guest theET

This week or next week we all agree on. Another thing is unfortunetly no one KNOWS when so we all hurry and wait. Standby to standby

Guest we do it with freqs

agree 100% on that

Thinking it's gonna be tomorrow...mostly because I can't do any more of this nervous eating or I'll be 500 lbs by the time they do come out

Guest NGUAC1

After seeing all the 1 of 300+ breakouts here, I'm starting to not feel good about my breakout of 14 of 131 and #2 in the dept(FDNF) as the Acting LCPO for 8 months. I felt pretty good in the beginning for first time up but now I'm not expecting the "S" anymore. I just want the results now so I can move on and start studying again for FY16.

Hang in there and keep the faith my fellow AC, we will know soon enough!...Hoping for an "S" for the both of us!...and your feeling are completely normal. I go back and forth in my head all the time, it's human nature.

Guest shooter mcgavin

This is what the military had in mind when they thought up hurry up and wait. I feel like I have been waiting for this since I took a tour of a frigate when I was about 8 years old, saw a guy wearing anchors and said yup I wanna be him someday.

Guest theET

Hang in there and keep the faith my fellow AC, we will know soon enough!...Hoping for an "S" for the both of us!...and your feeling are completely normal. I go back and forth in my head all the time, it's human nature.

Off topic for you two AC types. How many Commands have you been to where they do NOT allow the techs to have the code to AATCC/CATCC im curious cause I have been to 4 ships and all but one I have had the code to CCA but for some reason the ACC will NOT give it out to the ET's. Any thoughts on that matter.

Guest shooter mcgavin

After seeing all the 1 of 300+ breakouts here, I'm starting to not feel good about my breakout of 14 of 131 and #2 in the dept(FDNF) as the Acting LCPO for 8 months. I felt pretty good in the beginning for first time up but now I'm not expecting the "S" anymore. I just want the results now so I can move on and start studying again for FY16.

We all feel the same way no matter how stellar our record is. There isn't much left for me to accomplish at this rank that I haven't already and my confidence goes back and forth daily. It just feels like a shot in the dark, hopefully I hit something! Best of luck brother hope you pick it up.

Guest NGUAC1

Off topic for you two AC types. How many Commands have you been to where they do NOT allow the techs to have the code to AATCC/CATCC im curious cause I have been to 4 ships and all but one I have had the code to CCA but for some reason the ACC will NOT give it out to the ET's. Any thoughts on that matter.

I have been on the TR and IKE and the techs always had the code...IMO, the relationship with the techs is paramount to a successful team.

Guest LEGALBEAGLE

My personal take on it is that they try to release the results as close to last week of July as possible...If the results are a day or week late, then that is simple a challenge to the Chief's Mess to do the same great job in less time....6 weeks...5 weeks. ..come on...Chiefs aren't forged in weeks...They simply fine - tuned and recalibrated...They will try their best to release it this week, but if not...no biggie for only a 5 week phase 2...again just my 2 cents from a non-Chief.

Guest theET

I have been on the TR and IKE and the techs always had the code...IMO, the relationship with the techs is paramount to a successful team.

I concur I am and was before on CVIN I was on JCS and rode the TR for 3 weeks and NEVER have I seen a CCA team that bastardsizes the techs like their COC does here. After all the sweat and blood my Sailors(including myself) put in during all Case events and MULTIPLE CASREP and the few hours of sleep we get sometimes only to have to buzz in EVERY time.... well I hold that F'N buzzer tell I hear the click and then I hear "O it must be F'N I don't know how to buzz in ET1" my response sorry ACC I NEVER had to buzz into an non SCI space so I am learning.

Maybe that will change if I get the "S"

Guest 8425IDC

EP since 08.... MSM,COM,air medal, combat action, 100% advancement rate of eligible sailors through CAP, 100% sailors warfare qual early most within 8 months of checkin... Good package.... We shall see

Guest itdominance

Tiger for life. VP-8 Brunswick 2001-2007

i was in brunswick from 2007 til brac in 2009. I am a former old buzzard.