FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest IT1DevilSquid

Been in the Navy 10 years, last month.  This is my first time up.  I honestly think I have no shot at all.  I am a Dept. CC, CFL and have a few other things going on.  I am currently in college with no degree, and completed all of the PME and JPME.  Always had MPs and EPs.  Any thoughts on where I may stack up inside that mystical 23% this cycle for ITs?  Not getting my hopes up.  Seems like some super sailors are on here that have been waiting quite a few years.  Kind of a bit disheartening...

Thanks for the add Tony,

I have been reading for the past week. Good luck to all! Navy Wife and just praying for that "S" for my hubby.

Guest IT1DevilSquid

Thanks Tony!

Just need to ask, since I keep seeing everyone's command talking about tomorrow; has anyone heard about a delay? My command may just be messing with me, but a Senior Chief and a Chief (from two separate messes) told me that an email went out saying the results were delayed until next week. They were both pretty concerned, and the Senior Chief isn't one to play those kinds of games...it might just be scuttlebutt, but it's the DC area mess putting it out. Don't know what to believe anymore...after 7 tries you think I'd be immune to this stuff :-/

I actually heard from my PS1 at work that she overheard the mess talking about a probable next week release.  Hopefully they are mistaken...

Guest AgangSubChief

Hello prospective CPO's. I have a informant in Millington told me Aug 5 triad release/ Wed Aug 6 Nav admin. So take that for what its worth, Keep up the hard work and keep leading our Sailors. If your number is called be ready to answer and if it's not KEEP CHARGING. Navy Chief/Navy Pride..

• Like 1

Guest charlesb

Ah, figured since I'm suffering thru this like the rest of you I'd add fuel to the fire.

All my CPOs are required to be at a meeting at 1200 tomorrow. They did the same thing last year to welcome the new selects.

My prediction is 1300 tomorrow.

We have CPO 365 at 1130 (CDT) tomorrow.  That was scheduled a few days ago, so we'll see.

-MU1

Guest Blackbeards Delight

Thanks for opening up registration again! I constantly have this page open every year, I can't help myself. 6th time up and hopeful. Quotas are the highest I've seen in a while and it would be a real kick in the teeth to get the "N" again.

On a side note, I didn't see any recent intel on CNP's posit. Anyone have the scoop?

Good luck all!

• Like 1

Okay something weird just happened, I swear. somehow, the same exact award that I submitted to the board IS IN MY OMPF! It is the exact copy because it has my social at the top and enclosure (1) at the bottom. I was under the impression that awards submitted to the board are thrown away and not submitted into your OMPF....FYI it wasn't in there yesterday.

I had the same thing happen last year and agian this year.  At least all of my awards are in there now!

Guest Intel Weenie

I think all the speculation from various Master Chiefs and such only proves one thing...no one knows for sure when the results will be out...

I just want to say good luck to each and everyone of you.  I wish every one of you get that call.  I'm excited for the results, as if I'm going to be on that list.

With all this conflicting info I just want to give up and whenever it comes, it comes, but I can't stay away from this board! lol  Please let the next week intel be wrong.

Guest CPA-GMWIFE

Yippee, I got in, thank you so much for opening it Tony! :)  I've stalked this site since my husband made board for the first time last year.  He laughs at me since I check this site so often, but I like to learn the lingo and see about when I can expect to hear the decision.  Hi everyone!

Thanks for the add, just wanted to wish everyone good luck, and hope everyone here gets to see the Sierra, and not the November. 

• Like 1

Guest theET

With all this conflicting info I just want to give up and whenever it comes, it comes, but I can't stay away from this board! lol  Please let the next week intel be wrong.

I have to agree completely with you, I am hoping praying tomorrow or Thursday. Only time will tell, and I hope its not a long time.

Guest CPA-GMWIFE

Lets stop all this next week talk.. think positive thoughts.

Yes, I agree! I'm pretty sure I'll be fired if it takes another week for results since I can't keep my mind at work now as it is!