FY-15 Medical Service Corps Program Discussion

Hello I'm appying for the MSC IPP HCA. I currently have an MHA from a school that is not CAHME or AACSB accredited. For those who have applied before what did you have in your package the first time. GRE scores, GPA, LORs (O5 and above), Interviews with MSC Officers. Was your evals all EP, what were your PRT scores? I was just wondering to see if we can kind of guage as to what the board is looking for. Thanks.

All,

I was a selectee 2 years ago.  I klnow how stressful the wait is especially around this time when looking and seeing when historcially results have been releasaed, but all I can say is relax, look forward to Christmas and enjoy the time with your family.  The stress is overwhelming and in the end you will worry more about the Navadmin being released then what you should actually be focused on.

Hello I'm appying for the MSC IPP HCA. I currently have an MHA from a school that is not CAHME or AACSB accredited. For those who have applied before what did you have in your package the first time. GRE scores, GPA, LORs (O5 and above), Interviews with MSC Officers. Was your evals all EP, what were your PRT scores? I was just wondering to see if we can kind of guage as to what the board is looking for. Thanks.

Hello,

This is my second time applying. I have my MHA in my package, same as you. I took the GRE, so I only have that test score. GPA is on my transcripts of course and I have a few LORs and my interviews were from 3 MSC HCA Officers. My evals aren't all EPs and my PRT scores are excellents. I didn't get selected last year with about the same information but hopefully this helps you. Good luck!

Does anyone know how many total packages were submitted for HCA?

Thanks.

It might be worth asking Ms. Kemp.  I asked about the PA before the board and I got a I can't tell you that. Maybe she will slip on some details. If she does slip, ask her when we find out. 

I spoke with Ms. Kemp. She claims that we as applicants will know when the results post before she does. She also is not going to tell you how many applicants applied. I guess friends we will just have to be patient, and look forward to enjoying our Christmas and New Years. Each day that goes by we are getting closer to that day, that will be a life changer for some of us. Good luck all...

I'm sure many of us have talked with Ms.Kemp at one time or another, she doesn't slip with information. She definitely keeps the integrity and confidentiality of the program/process. I'm just assuming results will come out in Feb like last year. Enjoy the holidays everyone!

I'm sure many of us have talked with Ms.Kemp at one time or another, she doesn't slip with information. She definitely keeps the integrity and confidentiality of the program/process. I'm just assuming results will come out in Feb like last year. Enjoy the holidays everyone!

I am not entirely certain that it will be February.  When the process was getting started this year, I was asking her questions while waiting for the Navadmin to be released.  Ms. Kemp said it would more closely mirror the MECP program in its dates.  Up to this point, it has been similiar as well as compared to years in the past.  Last year, I think was an anomaly due to the sequestration. Boards had to be postponed and rescheduled, putting everything in a tailspin.  If the MECP dates are followed, historically it would be the around the week prior to most commands holiday shutdowns.  For this year, the 15th-19th.  But then again this is all speculation. Mostly, hopeful speculation. 

I am not entirely certain that it will be February.  When the process was getting started this year, I was asking her questions while waiting for the Navadmin to be released.  Ms. Kemp said it would more closely mirror the MECP program in its dates.  Up to this point, it has been similiar as well as compared to years in the past.  Last year, I think was an anomaly due to the sequestration. Boards had to be postponed and rescheduled, putting everything in a tailspin.  If the MECP dates are followed, historically it would be the around the week prior to most commands holiday shutdowns.  For this year, the 15th-19th.  But then again this is all speculation. Mostly, hopeful speculation. 

I hope your speculation and info you received from Ms. Kemp is correct. That would be great and ideal for everyone to find out before the holidays.

I hope your speculation becomes a reality.  It would be nice to receive good information right before Xmas.

Guest drumako

I do not know how to attach a document. Here is what is says: 

The Medical Service Corps (MSC) In-Service Procurement Program (IPP) board was held on 20 November 2014. Previously, MSC IPP boards were usually held in October vice November, with results usually released in early December. However, since the board con-vened in November, expect the board results in the late December or early January timeframe.

Hope this helps.

To attach a document:

- Start a new post (sometimes you need to select "more options" instead) 
- At lower left select "Choose Files..." then "Open" selected attachment
- You are then given an option to "Add to Post" lower right.

The Medical Service Corps (MSC) In-Service Procurement Program (IPP) board was held on 20 November 2014. Previously, MSC IPP boards were usually held in October vice November, with results usually released in early December. However, since the board con-vened in November, expect the board results in the late December or early January timeframe.

Hope this helps.

It does. Thank you. I've gone all through the MSC NKO page and couldn't find anything about the process. But thank you again, I appreciate it.

I've posted the newsletter in its own thread, thank you kindly jcpooky07

I'm glad it worked. Thanks Tony! BTW for everyone's situational awareness. It's on page 6 of the Newsletter.

• Like 1

I've posted the newsletter in its own thread, thank you kindly jcpooky07

I found the message at the end of page 6.  Thanks for your efforts.  If it holds it means the waiting time will be less stressful and that we will find out about selection results in at most one month's time.  This will be a far cry from last year's timeline...and I am very happy for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody hope the holidays are keeping you occupied. Has anybody tried checking the NPC website under Boards tab then check your package status? I was told that on that link you should be able to see that your package was received and it should say how many pages were sent. I'm not sure if it's for MSC IPP when I finally go on I didn't see anything concerning my package. Has anybody tried that? And what was the results of it.

I had an issue with the site as well but, I called NPC and was told that there should be a package Status and they also help me get access with reseting my password but last thing I saw on my profile was from 2006