FY-15 Medical Service Corps Program Discussion

Hello all!  2nd time applying, but had my kit/package complete form last FY.  Prior enlisted, but am a full fledged civ now, so I'm applying the Direct Accession route.  Any other DA hopefuls?  And good luck to everyone on here BTW.

Are you applying via Navy Recruiting Command? If so what NRD? Good luck to you.

Sent my package out August 29. Second time submitting for HCA.

For the HCA applicants, are any of you in a master's program or already have one?

Did anyone get a conditional letter of acceptance from army Baylor or USHS?

15 selectees last year.

3,alternates., good luck to everyone?

I received my MHA last year from Cal State Long Beach. Did a two year accelerated program while I was stationed in San Diego.

Guest HCA2015

Are you applying via Navy Recruiting Command? If so what NRD? Good luck to you.

jc, Thanks! Yes.  Los Angeles.  and you?  Good luck to you, as well.

Hello all,

I've been following for a while and I am still alittle confused about what's the pre-req for PA. I want to apply for PA in the future and I want to make sure I have the pre-req that's required. Majority of the pre-reqs I can do in online. It is pretty hard to get the pre-reqs in a classroom setting. How many of you completed your pre-reqs online? I have a Bachelor in Information Technology already. Do you need a degree to apply for PA?

Thanks

Hello all,

I've been following for a while and I am still alittle confused about what's the pre-req for PA. I want to apply for PA in the future and I want to make sure I have the pre-req that's required. Majority of the pre-reqs I can do in online. It is pretty hard to get the pre-reqs in a classroom setting. How many of you completed your pre-reqs online? I have a Bachelor in Information Technology already. Do you need a degree to apply for PA?

Thanks

IT1N,

Go to the following website if you haven't already:tes/nmpdc/professional-development/SitePages/Medical%20Service%20Corps%20Program%20MSCIPP-PA.aspx. The frequently asked questions section helps alot.

You do not need a degree to apply to the PA program, however you do need to have a specific 60 credits to transfer. I took almost all of mine in the afternoons after working hours, or online with proctored exams. It took me 3 years to get them done going year round and working. Of the first 30 credits, 6 hrs english, 6 hrs A&P, 3 hrs psych,6hrs humanitites, 6 hrs chemistry, and 3 hrs algerbra i did all in class. the remaining 30 were mostly in class, 2-3 were online.

Best thing you can do is read all the intructions, chapters on that website entirely and become very familiar with them now, it will make the process easier down the road.

Guest cs2single

Hello everyone, I am cs2 Singletary. And right now I'm trying to finish my associate degree in general studies. I want to go for the IHO and EHO. EHO is what I really want, but for IHO last cycle no one applied. I already have 60 credits, but I want to finish the degree before I submit my package. Anyone has any advice for a Cs that's about to start their package?

Hello everyone, I am cs2 Singletary. And right now I'm trying to finish my associate degree in general studies. I want to go for the IHO and EHO. EHO is what I really want, but for IHO last cycle no one applied. I already have 60 credits, but I want to finish the degree before I submit my package. Anyone has any advice for a Cs that's about to start their package?

I would say stay motivated and continue to do your job to the fullest. Start working on getting point of contacts for your interview appraisals. Seek out MSC/EHO officers.... and start working on your Letter of Recommendations for both school acceptance and your package. Take or study for your GRE/GMAT. Start volunteering at any medical facility you can (preferably shadowing EHO's) Just my two cents.

Mine left Capital Heights on the 30th, but not confirmed delivery.  Planning on calling tomorrow if it doesn't change by midday. Has anyone received anything from Ms. Kemp regarding receiving their packages?

Not Ms. Kemp but I did from HM1... Did your package make it there?

Everyone, 

I got this in an email from  USU today in an email.

Content:

The minimum requirements for admission to the MHAP program is a

Bachelor's degree or Master's degree with a GPA of 3.0 or better, and a

GRE score of 1000 or better (under the old GRE guidelines) or score of

295 (under the new GRE guidelines). Along with these minimal

requirements, admission decisions are based on additional factors

including a written statement of purpose, and letters of

recommendations.

Good luck!

CPO MIKE

Great info.....

Yes I am applying for the HCA program as well this year. My package has already been sent, just waiting for confirmation in an email that it has been reviewed and good to go. I called and spoke with HM1 and she confirmed that my package was there, but Mrs. Kemp i spoke with as well said that she will still send an email after she reviews it. This is my third time applying and hopefully the last.

What did you do to improve your package since it's your 3rd time applying? Just curious in the event I have to re-apply next year. Thanks.

Good luck this year everyone. I applied last year for PA so I know the stress that you are all going through. Trust me, it's only the beginning! I'm in my first semester now and it's very demanding. If you have any questions about what happens after the results come out, or anything else, I would be happy to help.

Guest cs2single

I would say stay motivated and continue to do your job to the fullest. Start working on getting point of contacts for your interview appraisals. Seek out MSC/EHO officers.... and start working on your Letter of Recommendations for both school acceptance and your package. Take or study for your GRE/GMAT. Start volunteering at any medical facility you can (preferably shadowing EHO's) Just my two cents.

Not Ms. Kemp but I did from HM1... Did your package make it there?

jcpooky07,

Received word this week that my package made it.  I also emailed HM1 to see if there was anything wrong and when it would be sent to the board and she said once the dust settles, they will let everyone know if there are discrepancies.  I guess no news is good news in that sense. 

Now, sit and wait.  Now we can all start talking about when the results might be out.  I hope by the first of the year.

Mine was received September 4th via FEDEX. Ms. Beverly Kemp signed for it. 

So I know she has it. No email though.

I got an email in my personal email address that's listed inside my package. I mailed it on friday the 29th and they signed for it on the 4th, i got email on the 6th from HM1 Jones.

jcpooky07,

Received word this week that my package made it.  I also emailed HM1 to see if there was anything wrong and when it would be sent to the board and she said once the dust settles, they will let everyone know if there are discrepancies.  I guess no news is good news in that sense. 

Now, sit and wait.  Now we can all start talking about when the results might be out.  I hope by the first of the year.

I had scanned my package to HM1 Jones before I mail it (from Japan) asking if there was anything I needed to correct before submitting and she did a quick look over and told me there were some pages I didn't need to submit. So, I followed her recommendations and sent it. It made it there last week, got the email conformation from HM1, and know waiting like everyone else. I just hope the results don't take as long as they did last year.

• 2 weeks later...

What did you do to improve your package since it's your 3rd time applying? Just curious in the event I have to re-apply next year. Thanks.

JC, What ive heard that my LOR's needed to be improved, so I worked on getting LOR's from 0-5 and above. Last year my LOR's was kinda on the light side. In addition I continued doing my volunteer work at a Hospial. I also completed my Six Sigma health care certification from Villonova University. Other than that i didnt do anything besides update my package for the current year ie.... eval, PRT, etc....

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I've been researching the MSC-IPP commissioning program and am interested in HCA.  I'm almost done with my Associate's in General Studies and have 60+ credits.  I am transferring to Kitsap, WA, and was wondering if there are any good/close by schools with programs that would better help me get selected for HCA.  I understand that in the instruction I need atleast a Bachelor's to apply and, if I get selected, I would then go to Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences or Army-Baylor University for my Graduate Program.  I'm not seeing a lot of health care programs in the area I'll be stationed at, but there are some business programs I can earn my Bachelor's at.  Would chosing a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration be just as good?  Once I complete my Bachelor's, I will take my GRE and GMAT.  Thank you for the help!

YN2

• 3 weeks later...

It has been some time since anyone has posted.  I am going to call Ms. Kemp this week to see if my package was complete.  Has she contact anyone else on if they need to resubmit anything?  Its about that time. 

I have not heard anything which I assume is good. The latest MSC community newsletter stated the results should be posted Jan/Feb.

Which community news letter are you reading?

Guest drumako

The Medical Service Corps montly update. It was listed in the September 2014 edition.

From our Officer Community Manager (OCM)

 The Medical Service Corps (MSC) In-Service Procurement Program (IPP) board will be held on 20 November 2014. MSC IPP is an enlisted to officer program which provides a path for qualified, career-motivated personnel to obtain a commission as an MSC Officer. The selec-tion board results should be released during the January/February timeframe.