FY-15 Medical Service Corps Program Discussion

DeepSea, I haven't heard how many applicants.  Going off of this forum, there is not as many as last year.  Take it for whats it worth. I talked to Ms. Kemp on the 31st and she said she was getting ready to mail out the packages, and that if you didn't hear anything from her you did not have any issues with your package.  

Guest aactabreu

I was the only one that submitted from 1st Medical Battalion, Camp Pendleton CA for the MSC (HCA) program.

I am now here at Navy Medicine Training Support  Center at Fort Sam Houston, TX and was told that there was about 6 who got accepted for the HCA program. I was also told that they are MSC heavy here.

This is my second time submitting.

I was the only one that submitted from 1st Medical Battalion, Camp Pendleton CA for the MSC (HCA) program.

I am now here at Navy Medicine Training Support  Center at Fort Sam Houston, TX and was told that there was about 6 who got accepted for the HCA program. I was also told that they are MSC heavy here.

6 got accepted last year?! That's pretty good odds for you, good luck. This is my second time at it as well.

Guest aactabreu

6 got accepted last year?! That's pretty good odds for you, good luck. This is my second time at it as well.

@Smiggs,

Good luck to you as well!

I checked on the med.navy.mil website and it is stated that the MSC IPP board convenes on 17 November 2014.

Thats my birthday, hopefully a good thing for me haha.

Were all 6 accepted last year or in accumulated years?  If all 6 were accepted last year then that is quite impressive, because in total 15 were accepted for HCA last year, out of all the applicants from all the Naval and Marine Corps commands that submitted packages for HCA.

Guest aactabreu

@Lab8404- I was told that 6 of them came from this command. After re-reading my post, I believe it is 6 overall and not just HCA. I will ask the CCC again. Still, that is really impressive. They have a department here dedicated specifically to Enlisted-Comissioning Programs such as the MSC-IPP.

@DeepSea- Good Luck and Happy Birthday!

To all- today is the day! Boards are probably convening as we speak. Our packages are being meticulously reviewed as they are projected on the screen. I wish everyone the best of luck. I know everyone has put it in a lot of effort in their packages. Can't wait to see the results (est. Jan-Feb 2015!) specially with HCA folks.

Rah!

Guest aactabreu

I'm just interested in seeing the quota for how many they're selecting. Hopefully that will be out in the next few weeks.

@smiggs- did they release the quotas last year? I didnt see it last time. Hopefully they do that for this FY.

@smiggs- did they release the quotas last year? I didnt see it last time. Hopefully they do that for this FY.

I never found the quota either, but there were a few people on here last year saying they saw/heard the quota rumor and it ended up being true. So, I planned on trying to hunt it down this year myself somehow. Of course, if I find anything out I'll post it on here for everyone to see.

Guest aactabreu

Does anybody know if the selections were made this week?

Not sure. Someone mentioned about the MSC Community Newsletter (which I think is on NKO). According to the newsletter, results will come out Jan/Feb

Not sure. Someone mentioned about the MSC Community Newsletter (which I think is on NKO). According to the newsletter, results will come out Jan/Feb

Hopefully, we get to know if the board met on 17 Nov as stated on the MSC IPP website.  It will also be nice to know the quotas.

Have anyone heard anything about the quotas for this year? I applied for the 48-month Social Work options; I'm wondering how many slots will be available for this.

~HM2