FY-15 Medical Service Corps Program Discussion

Guest Mrunels

Everyone, 

I got this in an email from  USU today in an email.

Content:

The minimum requirements for admission to the MHAP program is a
Bachelor's degree or Master's degree with a GPA of 3.0 or better, and a
GRE score of 1000 or better (under the old GRE guidelines) or score of
295 (under the new GRE guidelines). Along with these minimal
requirements, admission decisions are based on additional factors
including a written statement of purpose, and letters of
recommendations.

Good luck!

CPO MIKE

I'm applying for MSC HCA this year. Anyone else applying?

Yes I am applying for the HCA program as well this year. My package has already been sent, just waiting for confirmation in an email that it has been reviewed and good to go. I called and spoke with HM1 and she confirmed that my package was there, but Mrs. Kemp i spoke with as well said that she will still send an email after she reviews it. This is my third time applying and hopefully the last.

Guest smiggs

Yes, this is my second attempt at applying for the HCA program. Just mailed off my package day. Hopefully the quota goes up from last year, giving everyone a better chance at selection.

DeepSea,  I am also the only one in my command and know of one other that is applying in the San Diego.  It doesn't seem to be generating nearly the same amount of interest this year.  

I am sending off my package tomorrow.  

What programs is everyone else applying for?

Guest drumako

Does anyone know if we are able to verify whether or not our package has been delivered. I mailed mine certified mail, but USPS is slow on updating their tracking system.

Yes I am applying for the HCA program as well this year. My package has already been sent, just waiting for confirmation in an email that it has been reviewed and good to go. I called and spoke with HM1 and she confirmed that my package was there, but Mrs. Kemp i spoke with as well said that she will still send an email after she reviews it. This is my third time applying and hopefully the last.

Good luck to you.... This is my 1st time applying...

Yes, this is my second attempt at applying for the HCA program. Just mailed off my package day. Hopefully the quota goes up from last year, giving everyone a better chance at selection.

Good luck to you...

jcpoky07c,

What is your GRE score?  I am only curious about how the application process to USUHS went, if you in fact applied already? What school did you earn your undergrad degree from? I am trying to get a full perspective of what that University is accepting from the MSC-IPP program. I reviewed the University web page and it states that the majority of applicants are in the 310-324 range on the GRE. I looked into the MSC-IPP program for HCA and it asks applicants to seek a conditional letter of acceptance to USUHS or Baylor. I have never looked at Baylor's program but I am sure it also has a very high quality threshold.

CPO Mike

I sent you a PM..... 

Guest drumako

I sent my application in last week. This is my first time applying. Good luck to everyone.

Guest aactabreu

Sent my package out August 29. Second time submitting for HCA.

For the HCA applicants, are any of you in a master's program or already have one?

Did anyone get a conditional letter of acceptance from army Baylor or USHS?

15 selectees last year.

3,alternates., good luck to everyone?

Does anyone know if we are able to verify whether or not our package has been delivered. I mailed mine certified mail, but USPS is slow on updating their tracking system.

I sent mine with free tracking and got signature reciept so I know who signed for it.

Guest drumako

I sent mine with free tracking and got signature reciept so I know who signed for it.

I did the same. My package just showed as delivered today so I guess that is one less thing to worry about, now just to wait.

Guest drumako

Sent my package out August 29. Second time submitting for HCA.

For the HCA applicants, are any of you in a master's program or already have one?

Did anyone get a conditional letter of acceptance from army Baylor or USHS?

15 selectees last year.

3,alternates., good luck to everyone?

I just finished my MBA.

Guest drumako

Dru, what university did you go to? How did you like the program?

I attended the University of Texas. The program was excellent but very challenging. I did not have a business undergraduate so some of the more complex economic and finance courses were brutal. I did well though.

Guest drumako

USPS is horrible! It still says my package is in Capital heights! Smh!

I feel your pain. Mine sat there for two day before finally being delivered. I still have not recieved a confirmation email from Ms. Kemp however.

USPS is horrible! It still says my package is in Capital heights! Smh!

Mine left Capital Heights on the 30th, but not confirmed delivery.  Planning on calling tomorrow if it doesn't change by midday. Has anyone received anything from Ms. Kemp regarding receiving their packages?

Guest aactabreu

Mine left Capital Heights on the 30th, but not confirmed delivery.  Planning on calling tomorrow if it doesn't change by midday. Has anyone received anything from Ms. Kemp regarding receiving their packages?

Mine was received September 4th via FEDEX. Ms. Beverly Kemp signed for it. 

So I know she has it. No email though.

Guest HCA2015

Hello all!  2nd time applying, but had my kit/package complete form last FY.  Prior enlisted, but am a full fledged civ now, so I'm applying the Direct Accession route.  Any other DA hopefuls?  And good luck to everyone on here BTW.

I haven't but I have the same issue. I called USPS today to put a trace on my package (Although I have a tracking number that has not updated since the 30th..). I'm willing to bet its in the Naval Medical Center Post Office. I will call them Monday when they are open.