FY15 Senior Chief Results

Being with a joint command I have no Navy leadership so nobody is authorized to receive the list early.  Only a couple of hours more.....trying to not get my hopes up.  nine percent chance is not that great but it is something.

Holy cow, I didn't even think of that scenario. Not good at all. So there needs a fix for that, wow. 

Guest FMFman

Holy cow, I didn't even think of that scenario. Not good at all. So there needs a fix for that, wow. 

Yeah, there are some kinks in the system but I still prefer this method better than just a mass list first.  Especially if I make it to that level, what an amazing feeling being able to tell someone first hand. We always stumble before we get things right.  Ha!

Guest FMFman

One more hour-ish.  Holding out for the list. No one from my Triad is here yet.

Good luck brother, hoping to see an "S" for both of us!

When is this list supposed to drop anyway? We all knew exactly when Triads would have info, the list- not so much... :huh:

I beleive the message said 9 ESD

Guest FMFman

well after all of this, I really hope you get it.

I appreciate it.  Got to take my girl to school now, so when I get back we should have an answer.Until then.

Now I'm more confused.  Shouldn't my BOL have a N? Or is the list out before BOL was updated...

past experience is that it takes awhile to update BOL. So even thought they said 24 hrs, they still may be doing the database behind the scene thingy - it takes awhile. But the public version can reach the streets easier.

Guest FMFman

Well everyone the list is out and I did not make it.  So the plan is to drive on, continue to do what Chiefs do and let the powers that be next year decide my fate again.  To all those that made it again congrats, it is very well deserved.  To those that did not, do not let this slow us down.  We are Chiefs, the greatest rank in all the services.  Continue to develop your Sailors and everything else will fall into place.  If you are doing everything right just to make Senior then you are wrong.  Do everything right because it is the right thing to do.  Navy Chief, Navy Pride!  Hooyah! :graphics-3d-smileys-636308:

Guest Navcpo

As a wife who really hasn't paid much attention to this process or the results before I have a question. What does it mean when there are numbers missing in a rate? I notice a few where there are one or more numbers missing. For example submarine et nuclear 06 is missing submarine non nuclear nav 02 is missing.

Guest amcreed

As a wife who really hasn't paid much attention to this process or the results before I have a question. What does it mean when there are numbers missing in a rate? I notice a few where there are one or more numbers missing. For example submarine et nuclear 06 is missing submarine non nuclear nav 02 is missing.

It means after the board selected the candidates, during the post board scrub, a discrepancy was found.  Those who were selected will receive an "H" verses an "S".  If the discrepancy can be fixed, they will be advanced, if not they will not be.  Typically, it's for not passing your most recent PRT.  You would have to pass a PRT before getting pinned.  There are many other reasons this can happen though.  That is just one example.

If you all get the opportunity, please throw your vote and opinion in the poll in the "Chief Selection Board" forum. Interesting vote so far.