FY-16 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Guest Bucko

I hear that. Unfortunately my rate doesn't have CWO billets so im pulling out all stops in my efforts to get there.

Guest MM1(SS)Nuke

Anyone have some insight on the interviews?Mine are coming up soon. Thanks in advance.

Most of it is going to be scenario based so that they can see how you think; fraternization and that kind of stuff.  You will probably get some questions about leadership and core values and why the officer side vice staying enlisted.  Other than that I would know your career path, the guide book, and study up on the Mustang Lariats so you know some of the current issues going on within the community.  If there are any gaps or issues in your record I would be ready to address them.  What designator are you going for? 

Anyone have some insight on the interviews?Mine are coming up soon. Thanks in advance.

If you screw anything up, your career path should not be one of them as MM1(SS)Nuke said. Think before you answer any question; they will be watching to see if you think before you speak or vice versa. Expect scenario and leadership questions. Portray your best military bearing and appear sharp and confident; not flippant. Look at all members when answering a question; not just the person hwo asked the question. Good luck. I just had mine last week and I was asked a lot of Admin questions and procedures.

If you screw anything up, your career path should not be one of them as MM1(SS)Nuke said. Think before you answer any question; they will be watching to see if you think before you speak or vice versa. Expect scenario and leadership questions. Portray your best military bearing and appear sharp and confident; not flippant. Look at all members when answering a question; not just the person hwo asked the question. Good luck. I just had mine last week and I was asked a lot of Admin questions and procedures.

Thanks guys. I am applying for 648x. There are some heavy hitters I'm competing against but I think I have a shot. Statements really seem to be the hardest part.

To reply to a quote, select the post of interest and click on the "Quote" button located lower rightof that post. After clicking, you may see the cursor blinking below the text you want to respond to. Simply start typing.  :)

To reply to a quote, select the post of interest and click on the "Quote" button located lower rightof that post. After clicking, you may see the cursor blinking below the text you want to respond to. Simply start typing.  :)

Like this?  Thanks for the tip.  As the tag says I'm a newbie.  Great site by the way.

Like this?  Thanks for the tip.  As the tag says I'm a newbie.  Great site by the way.

yes, no problem, I know, thank you kindly  BBb)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest OSC_C218

All,

I need help with the naval statement of service:

TIME LOST

DUE TO      INACTIVE  ACTIVE

BRANCH  ENLISTED  DISCHARGED   MISCONDUCT  DUTY      DUTY

USNR-R  00-00-00  00-00-00     NONE       00-00-00

USN     00-00-00  00-00-00     NONE                00-00-00

USN     00-00-00  00-00-00     NONE                00-00-00

USN     00-00-00  00-00-00     NONE                00-00-00

*YR/MO/DA

Note:  This should be a line by line accounting for each enlistment with the current enlistment discharge date of 01 OCT 2015 to compute total service.

On the form, I'm unable to choose the YR/MO/DA without choosing a date. Also, should the list from top be the initial time when you joined to the bottom, ending on 01 OCT 2015? Or is it the other way around? Many thanks.

All,

I need help with the naval statement of service:

TIME LOST

DUE TO      INACTIVE  ACTIVE

BRANCH  ENLISTED  DISCHARGED   MISCONDUCT  DUTY      DUTY

USNR-R  00-00-00  00-00-00     NONE       00-00-00

USN     00-00-00  00-00-00     NONE                00-00-00

USN     00-00-00  00-00-00     NONE                00-00-00

USN     00-00-00  00-00-00     NONE                00-00-00

*YR/MO/DA

Note:  This should be a line by line accounting for each enlistment with the current enlistment discharge date of 01 OCT 2015 to compute total service.

On the form, I'm unable to choose the YR/MO/DA without choosing a date. Also, should the list from top be the initial time when you joined to the bottom, ending on 01 OCT 2015? Or is it the other way around? Many thanks.

You do not have to use the table on the application  form. Follow the FY16 application instructions /exception located at the LDO /CWO  page on NBC and you see how to do it. 

Guest OSC_C218

You do not have to use the table on the application  form. Follow the FY16 application instructions /exception located at the LDO /CWO  page on NBC and you see how to do it. 

Dogg,

Thanks a lot and I will do that before my final draft.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Riverine Rat

Hi all,

I am considering putting a package together next year for LDO 636X... My question for some of you seasoned members is what are the things I can do now or should be doing to give myself the best short for next year? Plus I am a little confused as to when my last opportunity will be to apply for LDO. I enlisted back in Nov 2002. So I am coming up on 12 years but how does the FY work for the package? Will I apply for FY 16 or FY17? Thanks for the help.

Hi all,

I am considering putting a package together next year for LDO 636X... My question for some of you seasoned members is what are the things I can do now or should be doing to give myself the best short for next year? Plus I am a little confused as to when my last opportunity will be to apply for LDO. I enlisted back in Nov 2002. So I am coming up on 12 years but how does the FY work for the package? Will I apply for FY 16 or FY17? Thanks for the help.

APPLY THIS YEAR!  You will have 12 years and 11 months for FY16(Current Year), 13 years 11 months for FY17(Next year).  Next year will be our last year to apply.  Why not take a shot at it this year and then re-apply next year if needed.  Seek out an LDO at your command and get the ball rolling, it is late in the game but I am sure they will help you out.

Hi all,

12-13 years is the sweet spot for LDO selectees. Like ENC  said,  it does not hurt to apply for fy16. Timing is huge with this program. 

Dead line of 1st Oct for LDO/CWO selection board is gradually sneaking in. Package is currently on Skipper's desk awaiting signature. How are your packages going so far?

• 2 weeks later...

Where exactly are we supposed to look for the status codes of submitted packages? I saw that the package was received on the NPC website link that they provide, but I do not see any area where status codes are listed. I also checked under the BOL advancement/selection board link and no data is shown there either.

Where exactly are we supposed to look for the status codes of submitted packages? I saw that the package was received on the NPC website link that they provide, but I do not see any area where status codes are listed. I also checked under the BOL advancement/selection board link and no data is shown there either.

Still too early. Status codes start coming in around mid Oct and a list of people with status codes other than "A" (package received and accepted) will be posted on LDO/CWO link on NPC.

The error codes will be posted on BOL, now that it's fixed.  AND, they have already started updating for the applications that have been received.  Look for updates every Wed.

I noticed yesterday that my package had an "A" status. They seemed to post that rather fast considering it was received on the 25th of September. Good luck to everyone!

Guest CursedSwabbie

The error codes will be posted on BOL, now that it's fixed.  AND, they have already started updating for the applications that have been received.  Look for updates every Wed.

is this the application (forman) status?