FY-14 Medical Service Corps Program Discussion

I still had to submit a GRE score with this package. It also has to be within the last 3 years I think, which means I will be taking it again if not selected this time.

Guest LabRat8506

So.........I'm just gonna go ahead and start applying to PA for next year I guess? I think they forgot about us lol. FYI, STA-21 opened back up for medical. As long as you can finish 20 years by the time you're 62, you can apply. Which basically means you just need to be commissioned as a dr before you are 42.

Guest jacksfailure

So.........I'm just gonna go ahead and start applying to PA for next year I guess? I think they forgot about us lol. FYI, STA-21 opened back up for medical. As long as you can finish 20 years by the time you're 62, you can apply. Which basically means you just need to be commissioned as a dr before you are 42.

I looked at the STA-21 website yesterday and this is what I found:

"The following Target Options have zero select opportunity for FY-15: HR, INTEL, IW, MEDICAL CORPS, OCEANO, SUPPLY CORPS, & SWO/ED." Where did you see that the Medical Corps was opened?

One of my interview apprasail candidates

I am beginning to wonder if results are delayed because of some kind of leak. Board members are sworn to secrecy and any compromise or even perception of one may be cause for a reboard. Good luck to all applicants hanging out here.

• Like 1

Guest BM1/MSC/HCA

Also the board members wasn't even revealed this year so what good a leak will be. In that case everybody that has information has received it from somebody. Who knows whatever let results come out please

Also the board members wasn't even revealed this year so what good a leak will be. In that case everybody that has information has received it from somebody. Who knows whatever let results come out please

I feel with you guys/gals awaiting results. It's taking unusually too long. Btw results can still be leaked without the release of board members. If anyone finds out their selection status before the official release, it means either a board member, or any admin staff involved is guilty of the leakage. It's rare but it has happened before.

Guest BM1/MSC/HCA

I agree but everybody I come in contact with tells me not to worry I made it. I know they are just given a boost of confidence and what me to think positive. Unless its mrs kemp that says it I don't beleive it. But I also thank them for believing in me. I know that last years cheif selections training was put on hold wasn't very long but something haplen that cause there cheif initiation to be put on hold navy wide. So what I'm saying if the board was compromised I'm sure that would have been known by us all via message traffic

I agree but everybody I come in contact with tells me not to worry I made it. I know they are just given a boost of confidence and what me to think positive. Unless its mrs kemp that says it I don't beleive it. But I also thank them for believing in me. I know that last years cheif selections training was put on hold wasn't very long but something haplen that cause there cheif initiation to be put on hold navy wide. So what I'm saying if the board was compromised I'm sure that would have been known by us all via message traffic

I assume you are double posting, once again, because either you did not read the guidelines, or you think they do not apply to you.

I received word yesterday that the hold up on results is all about funding. The list is done, has made it through the chain of command, was not compromised in any way and is ready to release....as soon as there's money. Could be this week, could be this month, who knows. As soon as they publish the results, they have to write orders, send people to school, move families. All of that takes money and thats what they are working out now.

I received word yesterday that the hold up on results is all about funding. The list is done, has made it through the chain of command, was not compromised in any way and is ready to release....as soon as there's money. Could be this week, could be this month, who knows. As soon as they publish the results, they have to write orders, send people to school, move families. All of that takes money and thats what they are working out now.

HMCIDC,

I heard the same thing.  :)

Guest AlwaysEB23

Heard the same thing as well ...

I also spoke to Ms. Kemp (about MECP (me) and MSC IPP because my HM1 is awaiting for the MSC IPP results) and she explained that last she heard CDR Bossier (spelling ? / apologize for the possible misspell), who is PERS 4415A - the MSC IPP / MECP Board sponsor, stated the both sets of results were indeed in DC on the Admiral's desk just awaiting to be released. Ms. Kemp mentioned that another issue in the delay is that until the results are released, she cannot request the commissioning scrolls which can take anywhere from 8-12 weeks; however for members set to begin school (Baylor or USHUS) they need to be in ODS no later than April so that they can begin school in June. So that's another whole set of questions / issues; but at least by then the applicants will know if they're selectees!!

A friend emailed the navadmin site and this was the response. Good afternoon, Please stay away from the rumors. The selection message is currently being routed up the chain of command. Thank you for your patience. R, LCDR Rich Gilliard Subject: FW: Fy-14 msc To: BUPERS_WEBMASTER Subject: Re: Fy-14 msc ipp results Good afternoon, Has something happened with the msc ipp board? No word is coming from the liaison of the program. Right now there is a rumor that it is going back for budget cuts? Any word your way? Thank you for your time and patience.

A friend emailed the navadmin site and this was the response. Good afternoon, Please stay away from the rumors. The selection message is currently being routed up the chain of command. Thank you for your patience. R, LCDR Rich Gilliard Subject: FW: Fy-14 msc To: BUPERS_WEBMASTER Subject: Re: Fy-14 msc ipp results Good afternoon, Has something happened with the msc ipp board? No word is coming from the liaison of the program. Right now there is a rumor that it is going back for budget cuts? Any word your way? Thank you for your time and patience.

Smf8,

Do you know the date on that email?  Thanks.

UNCLASSIFIED//

Generated by OIX GATEWAY NORFOLK VA. Only authorized users may reply.

-----OFFICIAL INFORMATION DISPATCH FOLLOWS-----

RAAUZYUW RUEOMFC0154 0502229-UUUU--RUOIAAA RUOISAA RHOISAA RUCRNAD.

ZNR UUUUU ZUI RUEOMCH7538 0502229

R 192225Z FEB 14 PSN 411134K14

FM CNO WASHINGTON DC

TO NAVADMIN

INFO RUOIAAA/CNO WASHINGTON DC

BT

UNCLAS

QQQQ

SUBJ: FY-15 MEDICAL SERVICE CORPS IN-SERVICE PROCUREMENT PROGRAM

UNCLASSIFIED/

PASS TO ALL OFFICE CODES:

FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//

TO NAVADMIN

INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//

CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA

UNCLAS//N01401//

NAVADMIN 030/14

MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/FEB//

SUBJ/FY-15 MEDICAL SERVICE CORPS IN-SERVICE PROCUREMENT PROGRAM

SELECTION BOARD RESULTS//

PAGE 02 RUEOMFC0154 UNCLAS

RMKS/1.  THIS NAVADMIN ANNOUNCES THE RESULTS OF THE FY-15 MEDICAL

SERVICE CORPS (MSC) IN-SERVICE PROCUREMENT PROGRAM (IPP) SELECTION

BOARD.

2.  CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING SELECTEES:

RATE   NAME RATE   NAME

HEALTH CARE ADMINISTRATION

PS2 GONZALEZ, ALEJANDRO M.   HM1   GOULD, CLAIRE-MARIE E.

SSGT   HAIRSTON, JUJUANE R.   HM1   HENDERSON, PAUL

HMCM   HEVERLY, BENJAMIN A. HM1   ISMAT, IGIN

HM1   KIM, YEONG H.   HMC   LETT, AKIL K.

HM1   O'HARA, JAMES R.  CS2   OYELAMI, SAMSON F.

HM2   PITRONE, OWEN T. HM1   PRYBYLSK, SHANE R.

HM2   SANTIAGO, CARLA F.   AZC   STEPP, RICHARD C.

HM1   TASH, NINA M.

PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT

RATE   NAME RATE   NAME

HM1   AMEDUITE, MESSANH K.   HM1 BENNETT, STEVEN B.

CPL   BLOOD, KYLE B.   HM1 ESTIGOY, DANIEL A.

HMC   KENNEY, SHAWN E.   HMC LEONARDOCRUZM, VALENTIN

PAGE 03 RUEOMFC0154 UNCLAS

SO1   LIPINSKI, MARTIN   SO1 METCALF, DAVID R.

HMCS   MORRIS, MELISSA A. SB1 PAGE, DOSH A.

HM1   ROSS, BRIAN J.   HM2 RUFFIN, CHANTILAY M.

HM1   SHULTS, ADAM M.   HM1 SIGUENZA, CARLOS M.

HMC   ST. PIERRE, ROBERT C.   HMC WALDORF, JAMES M.

HM1   WEFER, CHRISTOPHER J.

PHARMACY

RATE   NAME RATE   NAME

MMC   JONES, STACI L.   ET2 ORTIZRIVERA, YASDEL E.

ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH

RATE   NAME RATE   NAME

HM1   EUSEBIO, JASON J.   HM2   LIDSTER, DREW M.

INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE

NO APPLICANTS

RADIATION HEALTH

RATE   NAME

MMC MULLINS, CHAD E.

OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY

NO APPLICANTS

3.  THE FOLLOWING PERSONNEL WERE SELECTED AS ALTERNATES IN ORDER:

PAGE 04 RUEOMFC0154 UNCLAS

HEALTH CARE ADMINISTRATION

RATE   NAME

HM2   GAVAN, RAMONE G., JR.

PSC   ROBINSON, LAQUETTA J.

HM2   WILLIAMS, JOSEPH L.

PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT

RATE   NAME

HM2   ICHULL, JOSEPH A., JR.

ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH

RATE   NAME

STG2   RADER, MEGAHAN T.

RADIATION HEALTH

RATE   NAME

HM1   WOODDALL, CHRISTOPHER G.

4.  ALTERNATE SELECTS WILL BE CONTACTED BY THE MEDICAL SERVICE CORPS

COMMUNITY MANAGER IF A PRIMARY SELECT IS UNABLE TO MEET COMMISSIONING

REQUIREMENTS AND ARE NOT REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE REQUIREMENTS IN

PARA 6.

PAGE 05 RUEOMFC0154 UNCLAS

5.  THIS MESSAGE IS NOT AUTHORITY TO ISSUE APPOINTMENTS.

6.  REQUEST COMMANDING OFFICERS:

A.  NOTIFY SELECTEES;

B.  NOTIFY NAVY MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CENTER (NMPDC)

NLT 10 DAYS FROM RELEASE OF THIS MESSAGE OF NAMES OF SELECTEES WHO

DECLINE APPOINTMENT;

C.  HOLD IN ABEYANCE EXECUTION OF PCS ORDERS FOR SELECTEES IN

RECEIPT OF ORDERS AND NOTIFY COMMANDER, NAVY PERSONNEL COMMAND

(PERS-40) OF MEMBERS SELECTION;

D.  ENSURE SELECTEES ARE PHYSICALLY QUALIFIED PRIOR TO

APPOINTMENT.  NOTIFY NMPDC OF SELECTEES WHO ARE NOT PHYSICALLY

QUALIFIED;

E.  REQUEST SELECTEES PROVIDE THEIR CURRENT MAILING ADDRESS, WORK

AND HOME PHONE NUMBERS, AND EMAIL ADDRESSES TO NMPDC POINT OF CONTACT

LISTED IN PARA 7;

F.  ENSURE SELECTEES INCUR A SIX-YEAR OBLISERVE PRIOR TO

CONTACTING NMPDC TO REQUEST ORDERS;

7.  POINT OF CONTACT IS MS. BEVERLY KEMP, NAVMED (MPT&E) CODE OG3, AT

(301) 319-4520/DSN 285 OR VIA E-MAIL AT BEVERLY.KEMP(AT)MED.NAVY.MIL.

PAGE 06 RUEOMFC0154 UNCLAS

8.  THIS MESSAGE WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT UNTIL SUPERSEDED OR

31 DECEMBER 2014, WHICHEVER OCCURS FIRST.

9.  RELEASED BY VICE ADMIRAL W. F. MORAN, N1.//

BT

NNNN

UNCLASSIFIED//