FY-14 Medical Service Corps Program Discussion

Guest jacksfailure

I really hope the results come out this week! I'm about 10 weeks out from executing cross-country orders, from NC to CA with my wife and our four small children. It would be AMAZING to find out that I'm selected and will only be traveling to TX to go to Baylor (HOPEFULLY)!

Correct. You sit and wait but still have to be ready to leave. There are 3 people in similar boat. If by some strange way we still havent heard word then dont follow on orders notify current and would be new chains of commands and wait. After thirty days you lose those orders and you would get a hot fill if not selected. Sidenote I my flip out if its ten weeks until results come out... may flip out any day now come to think of it lmao

Guest Jace.booty

I personally have never had any issues with Ms. Kemp but i do know that delaying these results for MSC- IPP and MECP is going to put alot of work on her and HM1 because of all the people that are going to need new orders quickly to cancel current orders, people that were going to start school in the summer vice fall and for the people that were going to start school in the fall, we are going to lose at least 2 months of planning (if results come out in Feb). Not to mention money we will lose because alot of schools require nursing program registration next month and if our names are not on the list we registered for nothing. This delay is going to impact everyone.

Hi, I have seen 2 weeks and now Feb. on here. Has something official been said about it being at that time?

No results are out when they are out we do not receive warning or information one day it just is...

Navymom, in my time in I've noticed they like to release advancement results just before the weekend or on Monday. Maybe this will be the same, but we know one things for sure; the powers at be are showing us the Navy motto of "Hurry Up and Wait." Hopefully the results do decide to release today.

Guest defeatedcreek

No matter what happens with MECP I'm starting my third enlistment in one hour.  Originally I said I would get out if I wasn't selected but I guess it's all the way to the finish line now.  No regrets.

Tony the test worked but there was not a like or a I endorse this message button

appreciate the heads up and will most definitely put it in my notes. for some gosh darn reason I cannot send those messages to myself from this forum. there is a break somewhere. again, appreciate your info...  BBb)

I thought results would be out today for sure. End of the ninth week since the board convened. Hurry up and wait indeed! I hope you all have a good holiday weekend!

There comes a point in time where you just have to ease up on the inescapable tension and anxiety we are all facing while we eagerly wait to know the outcome of our next step in our careers.

I never synthesized the impact the shutdown would have on these selections. Not to forget to add the holiday stand down and the new budget being passed.

I have actually reached a point where, yeah it would be nice to have the results posted this week, but on the other hand, the selections are already made, so all I can do is keep doing what I am doing, because people keep thinking I'm like 40 something with all the salt I have gained from this experience.

I do have to say that even the slighted post on this forum gives just enough hope to let me know that things happen for a reason and there is always a chance, as long as you keep seeking your true goals.

Guest ET2 PHARM

I'm freaking out here!!!  I deploy in about 3 weeks!  Would definitely be nice to know what's going on!  I'm penciled in for orders to the Cal Lab in San Diego but would obviously like to be picked up for MSCIPP EH! AAhhhh!!  Good luck to everyone and hopefully we hear news very soon.

-AT2 

AT2 What are you applying for?

Guest ET2 PHARM

Haven't seen much discussion on this forum about it. Do you happen to know any information about the EH option?

No, I haven't heard of anybody going for EH on this blog or in NH Jacksonville where I volunteer.  I'm also work in a cal lab that's why I found your post so interesting.  Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

Guest HM2RTPA

How strict is the board when it comes to accomplishing a degree in terms of not having more than 15 hours to completion? There is also the finishing before june statement.

Which specific program are you referring to?

I am refering to the MSC IPP program instruction for candidates that are yet to complete their degree but intend to apply.

I think he means which program in MSC IPP...there is HCA, EH, Pharm, PA, etc....

I believe this is first time they had it like this if so it will be hard to judge how it will turn out. For hca not very likely because many have masters already it seems ( I have not verified personally) for p.a. about 1/3 have degree and all I have spoken with have all credits needed. Overall it doesnt hurt to apply just remember to keep working on needed credits and keep trying it is an arduous pricess but worth it if accepted.

Maybe this year they just...forgot?

If they did I vote that all on this message board get auto accepted! The navy already paid for the P.A. spots afterall and they should go to someone so why not us ! LMAO

The class size is only so big and if they already voted that means they already have those spots paid for so if there are 40 spots in a class the navy Air Force and army each pay for so many... Or better saying would be budgeted for but same difference.

Guest HM2RTPA

If they did I vote that all on this message board get auto accepted! The navy already paid for the P.A. spots afterall and they should go to someone so why not us ! LMAO