FY-14 Medical Service Corps Program Discussion

Guest popeyes

For those who got selected for EHO; If you don't mind would you pretty please share your stats so I can know what they are looking for in upcoming years :) Please & Thank you

Also because it shows for FY15 does that mean that there is no FY14 selection? and that there will be no other FY15 selection? So maybe a year or two years before the next FY selection for MSC? Any input is appreciated! Thanks and Congratulations to everyone who made it!!!!!

Guest Navymom2

Congratulations to ALL of you whether this was your year or not. The determination and dedication reflected in this forum is commendable. As a navymom, I salute all of you! Be proud and know that so many people thank you. Don't give up! Now waiting for Mecp. Good luck to all.

Thanks Naymom2! but MECP results are out....I think you need to talk to your kid because they should know by now...

Congratulations to ALL of you whether this was your year or not. The determination and dedication reflected in this forum is commendable. As a navymom, I salute all of you! Be proud and know that so many people thank you. Don't give up! Now waiting for Mecp. Good luck to all.

Guest LabRat8506

Congrats to all! I think I had some hiccups in my package. Not sure really. They sat on it because they overlooked stuff, etc. long story. If one of the selectees for the PA wouldn't mind sharing some of their insider info as to what they thought made their package stand out I would greatly appreciate it. Nicholas.richards@cvn78.navy.mil Thank you and again congrats HM1 Richards

For those who got selected for EHO; If you don't mind would you pretty please share your stats so I can know what they are looking for in upcoming years :) Please & Thank you

Also because it shows for FY15 does that mean that there is no FY14 selection? and that there will be no other FY15 selection? So maybe a year or two years before the next FY selection for MSC? Any input is appreciated! Thanks and Congratulations to everyone who made it!!!!!

I was selected for EHO.  Message me and i can let you know how my package was put together and answer any questions you may have.  Congratulations to everyone who made it, what a milestone in your careers!!!!!!!!!

lol, so with the latest website security features in place, I received a massive "suspicious activity" alert for the forum. This coincided with the msc-ipp results release that MSoko posted. Upon checking, the warnings were triggered by all the PMs along with everyone hopping onto the forum suddenly plus the member’s click activity. Gave me a heart attack about the false alarm but glad this security system is in place.

Congratulations to all who made it and thank you all for participating, posting and most important – helping other shipmates…  BBb)

I was selected for EHO.  Message me and i can let you know how my package was put together and answer any questions you may have.  Congratulations to everyone who made it, what a milestone in your careers!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations and thank you kindly for thinking about others...  :D

Guest MarinePA

I will start by stating that this is a great medium for those interested in the officer programs to come to for information, thank you Tony for the service you provide! Next I will state that I found this site long after I applied and wish I found it sooner. I am a Marine and the information I worked with was limited to the navadmin, the opnav, and Ms. Kemp. I was confused and lost about much of the process and stuck to what the instructions stated for my package. I tried to take the exact classes mentioned in the opnav and I would verify with Ms Kemp and The University of Nebraska whether the class was useful / transferable before registering. I volunteer in the Emergency Room at NHCL with the Red Cross. An ER 06 wrote an LOR for me as well as an Air Force MO 06, my Mentor 03, and one of my Professors from school. My interviews were conducted by MSC PA's (O3,O4, and an O5). I submitted my package exactly in the order of the requested documents and exactly the way the photo looked in the example(minus the paperwork that I supplied from the Marine Corps that I had to use as an equivalent for the Navy: again Ms Kemp was a huge help). Prior to submitting my package I had it looked over by my mentors for any errors. I have a 3.8 science/overall gpa. 30 of my credits were online. And all of my classes are recent (took 22 credits last spring semester while working full time). I have very good counselings, pft's, cft's, and high Pro/Con marks. I wrote several pages for both of my personal statements and cut them both down significantly to meet the word count limit. My SAT is a 1760. I hope this information will help those who did not get selected or who will be applying next August. I am humbled for this great opportunity and look forward to working with you all. Congratulations to those selected and for those who were not: never quit! do or die! and Semper Fi! I will try to answer any questions to help. Good Luck!

and thank you SmithHM1 and MarinePA for participating in the forum and making it fun, good post there MarinePA, all this sharing will help others succeed in their career. Knowledge is power…  BBb) 

Congrats again to those that made it! If you have add on schooling such as p.a. School start studying! For those that packages didn't go through or didn't get selected start working on spicing them up now!

So I have been told by multiple PA's that I should not bring my family to phase 1 (san antonio).  I am trying to find out if they will support Geo Bachelor status while in TX but havnt got solid word yet.  I will post it here when I find out.

So I have been told by multiple PA's that I should not bring my family to phase 1 (san antonio).  I am trying to find out if they will support Geo Bachelor status while in TX but havnt got solid word yet.  I will post it here when I find out.

I'm kicking that around too.  Two of my friends are recent graduates of the program (one last week), and they both went to phase one by themselves and lived in the barracks. They told me that you get your own room/head with the standard bed, wall locker and bureau. Cable TV and internet are available (if you want to pay for it). The gym and galley are within walking distance. I've also talked to PA's who brought their families and they said the housing is nice at the Airforce base, but they were not home much to enjoy it. I'm not sure yet which way I'm going to go.

Also for anyone who was not selected this year, I have my complete package that I'm willing to share with you. I can scan and e-mail any part, or all of it if you want.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mrunels

I have been kicking around the idea of applying for HCA. I took the GMT and didn't do so great. I have been accepted to The University of Scranton's MBA in Healthcare Management. My question is do I have any shot at the program with less than 500 on the GMAT?

Guest DocRobot

I'm glad I found this forum, for awhile now I've wondered if I was working towards a program that was no longer in place and someone just forgot to remove the webpage with the info on it (since it's so outdated! Finding info, or others that have experience with the process, has been zip to none. I'll be checking back often.

I have been kicking around the idea of applying for HCA. I took the GMT and didn't do so great. I have been accepted to The University of Scranton's MBA in Healthcare Management. My question is do I have any shot at the program with less than 500 on the GMAT?

I reviewed the instruction and NAVADMIN and I dont know if they would consider your package. Ms. Kemp would be your gate holder with the score. For PAs it says scores below 450 in math will not be considered, for the GMAT/GRE portion it just says required. With that being said with an acceptance into a program you may still be a candidate so ask for a waiver of the GMAT score in your package in box past motivational statement and defining honor, courage, and commitment. What i am trying to tell you is put in the package, the worst they can tell you is no. In the meantime try to get a higher GMAT.

I reviewed the instruction and NAVADMIN and I dont know if they would consider your package. Ms. Kemp would be your gate holder with the score. For PAs it says scores below 450 in math will not be considered, for the GMAT/GRE portion it just says required. With that being said with an acceptance into a program you may still be a candidate so ask for a waiver of the GMAT score in your package in box past motivational statement and defining honor, courage, and commitment. What i am trying to tell you is put in the package, the worst they can tell you is no. In the meantime try to get a higher GMAT.

Sorry, minimum is 460 for PA*