FY-14 Medical Service Corps Program Discussion

Great jhulk now I can worry more about that. Similar situation asked if my package was held up or did it make it to board her reply was only yes... And haven't been able to reach her since. What a merry little Christmas present :( sorry to hear it though.

Guest Sailor doc

Great... well I'm not going to call and keep my glimmer of hope.  If I'm not on the list I will be calling to find out what the problem was, I feel I have a good shot and all my stuff was in order as per the OPNAVINST and NAVADMIN.  We will see if you don't succeed at first try and try again. I really want to be a PA more than anything and I'm hoping not to go through all of this again.  Did she say it was something with your transcripts that you thought was GTG but ended being rejected by the school?

Guest popeyes

OK now I'm worried!

Maybe they should implement a bar code system like we use in the hospitals for medication distribution.  From the pharmacy all the way down to the medications that are then giving to the patient and verified by scanning their wrist band and verifying their DOB.  Maybe there should be a way when you apply that your given a bar code with your application.  To go online and print out a bar code when you enter in your basic info and just keep that bar code throughout that years application process.

This process would take seconds to scan in upon arrival and departure and will save time on the staffs part of having to email each individual applicant where or if there package has arrived or departed.  An automatic notification email can be sent out tied to that bar code notifying where in the process their application is; maybe even to notify them if the applicant should contact them if something is even wrong with their application.

I know this comes down to funding of course..........its always about funding, but I'm sure if you asked previous and current applicants to pitch in a $100 for a bar code program/device; I am sure without a doubt that the funds could be raised in order to implement a system such as this. It could be considered a donation of sorts to the program managers :)

Just some food for thought..........................or wishful thinking lol

Good luck everyone!

Guest BM1/MSC/HCA

My issue with the program is that we don't have a Navy website that lets us know that our packages are in a system at all. Bupers NSIPS some official Navy website should let us know where our packages are at and whats the status. As i stated before in a post after we send our packages off our jobs are done and its up to where they are sent to act as if our packages are there package and make sure its good to go. But there is no way of us knowing that our package reach the boards besides asking the POC that are on the NAVADMIN. I'm not saying that i don't trust the POC but hearing these stories and more than three of them sound like the same or had bad customer service , makes me second guess a lot. All we want is reassurance that our package is being viewed and we also would like the website updated with current information. We shouldn't have to keep our mouths shut because we fear that accidentally our packages would be misplaced or mishandled. Because if that type of power that is held i would think that it would be hard to speak up about anything. Sort of like when you dont want to piss your chain of command off before your evals are being written.

Well I am suppose to report to field med January 3rd, except my command career councilor said I am to wait here until I receive word from the board so here I sit with most of my things packed and in storage not even knowing if my package was sent to the board for review. I hope somebody passed the word to fmtb-east to let them know I am in a holding status before I'm marked UA?!?!

Guest BM1/MSC/HCA

Another thing I wanted to say was i was doing some analyzing and in the previous selections it seems that any person that was selected as an alternate the prior year was selected the current year. So when we crunch the numbers if they say that 15 was selected and the three alternates from last year put in this year that would leave us with 12 slots. I'm not to sure that 15 is the correct number all i can go off of is what was said in this forum. I hope that they select more than just 15 this year better the odds. I also wish that we had a clue of how many put in for the program as well. Good Luck again today is the 30th so we will see. 

Well I am suppose to report to field med January 3rd, except my command career councilor said I am to wait here until I receive word from the board so here I sit with most of my things packed and in storage not even knowing if my package was sent to the board for review. I hope somebody passed the word to fmtb-east to let them know I am in a holding status before I'm marked UA?!?!

Shipmate,

Are you reporting to FMTB-E?  You may want to contact FMTB and let them know your situation. (910) 450-0712 or 0750 is the number to the quarterdeck. If you run into any issues let me know.

• Like 1

Shipmate,   Are you reporting to FMTB-E?  You may want to contact FMTB and let them know your situation. (910) 450-0712 or 0750 is the number to the quarterdeck. If you run into any issues let me know.

Thank you. I did get in touch with my sponsor and kept all the documentation telling to not initiate the orders. I am also packed and can load up and be there in five hours if need be. I have been given a number to fmtb east but no answer yet. I will definitely try those numbers also. Thank you again.
  • Like 1

Thank you. I did get in touch with my sponsor and kept all the documentation telling to not initiate the orders. I am also packed and can load up and be there in five hours if need be. I have been given a number to fmtb east but no answer yet. I will definitely try those numbers also. Thank you again.

Just an update... No one is manning the quarterdeck lol I tried lol Happy new year to all and happy results month!!

Guest defeatedcreek

I found this forum last night.  I am an anxiously awaiting MECP applicant.  It's funny how we all do the same things: refreshing the NAVADMINs, emailing poor HM1 Jones (who, by the way, was really nice to me in her reply), and who knows what else. 

That aside, this is getting really out of hand.  These results need to post.  The DUINS board results are out (at least to DNSs and COs) and that board was almost two weeks AFTER the IPP/MECP boards!!  This is driving me nuts.

morning. anyone know how many MECP were selected? Thanks

I'm not positive on the number now but I think my HM2 said it was 46 or 48 ppl selected.

Guest Navymom2

Thanks... so MECP is something different from what I have reading on here ex. PA?  Do you know how many applicants there were?

Don't mind me being nosey.... One of my children applied but theres no way that I can ask with the tension levels being what they are.

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Yes, MECP is a nursing program where they send you to a college of your choice to complete nursing school. They accept generally a much higher number of applicants than the MSC-IPP board. The PA program falls under the MSC-IPP board, as does Pharmacy, healthcare admin, Environmental health, social work, etc. I'm not sure how many they selected in each group (I know they selected 15 for HCA) and no one knows for sure how many applicants total applied. I think in previous posts they said 70 but its a rough estimate and I'm not sure if its 70 total or split up.

People, that last poster was banned. I strongly recommend that if anyone sent information to that company that they make no further contact with them. Further bulletins possible.