FY-14 Medical Service Corps Program Discussion

Hi everybody...first time writing on this forum although I have been following for some time. My guess for results to come out is the first week of the Dec/New Year...my bet is the 30th of December. Last year it took 8 weeks for results to post so let's hope its before then...we are at the 5 week mark now! Also from speaking to Mrs. Kemp, it's crucial that the results come out sooner than later. As soon as results are out, paperwork is generated for our commissioning scroll...that takes awhile to get. For HCA applicants, we need to be done with ODS and moved to either Baylor or USUHS by June. So time is of the essence! 

And just to give my 2 cents about Mrs. Kemp and the application problem, I had no issue with her or HM1 Jones and found both of them helpful. Granted I am an HCA applicant and I know the process is a little different. But every time I spoke with her, she's helpful and she's funny as hell once you get to know her. I don't know...maybe its my winning personality (ha-ha) but I didn't have an issue. Some of your stories do freak me out! 

Good luck to everyone!! I was one of the 6 who applied from NMCSD and I pray its my year! If not, I'm still cracking the books for Chief and applying next year. Cheers! 

Claire

And just to give my 2 cents about Mrs. Kemp and the application problem, I had no issue with her or HM1 Jones and found both of them helpful. Granted I am an HCA applicant and I know the process is a little different. But every time I spoke with her, she's helpful and she's funny as hell once you get to know her. I don't know...maybe its my winning personality (ha-ha) but I didn't have an issue. Some of your stories do freak me out! 

Good luck to everyone!! I was one of the 6 who applied from NMCSD and I pray its my year! If not, I'm still cracking the books for Chief and applying next year. Cheers! 

Claire

Others have said she can be pleasant too. (yet others have said the opposite) Still, if she did something wrong /unethical, especially in her position, she should be held accountable. 

As I understand, the Master Chief of the USS Jason Dunham is pleasant and popular too but should be held accountable if proven guilty for the incident linked below. It's about abusing one's position that is the issue. Something that does not sit well with me especially when it impacts someone's career. Very much appreciate your post though...  :)

Female sailors forced to march with buckets of human waste, Navy says

I've posted the Navy Core Values and Code of Ethics in the Navy Policy, Guidelines & Official Statements forum. Good read for those aspiring to become an officer in the United States Navy

Good luck everyone.... I am a selectee from last year so I understand everyone's anxiety. If anyone has questions feel free to ask. I went the direct commission option but am very familiar with the training option as well through Baylor and Ushus. Good luck everyone.

Cebg you don't like the defense maintenance awards? Very intriguing stuff puts me right to sleep!

LMAO! No but that navadmin on the SIPRNET tokens was facinating.... ;)

Guest aactabreu

Another day of no results... Let the waiting game continue.

Does anyone here have a Masters in Healthcare Administration or is planning on enrolling? I am currently considering my options just incase I don't get selected for MSC-HCA. As we all know, attending a brick and mortar school is difficult if you are in a deployable unit (e.g. Marine Unit, ship ,etc.). I have heard some people say that attending a "well-known" brick and mortar school for Master's when submitting for MSC-HCA is important. Right now, I am considering a distance learning school for Masters that is accredited by CPHE/CAHME. The only distance learning schools that have these accreditations are National University and George Washington University. 

Anybody else know of other distance learning MHA programs? 

Thank you!

Personally I would say that your assessment is correct. Best of luck but I do agree that one should always keep their options open. I received my MBA from Northeastern University a very we'll know school in the New England area. As stated before I got selected for direct commission. In the end it won't really matter if you went to the campus for school. The important factor will be the accreditation accompanying your degree. I know that the MHA route is very difficult to peruse online especially when seeking the right accred. GW is a very good school

Guest Doc_Jones

aactabrue I have my Masters in healthcare as well as working on my PhD. It's not from a CHAME school, but I do believe central michigan university has an online program that's accredited, if not that school, Texas state San Marcos is CHAME and I believe they have some online courses for the MHA, I am not sure but I was accepted to texas state San Marcos and would have attended had they accepted some of my Masters courses as transfer credits. Additionally, check out trinity and Texas women university to see if they have online courses .

Yep, I have message traffic up and running. They will hit on message traffic before the NPC web site show them. As soon as they hit I'll jump on here and let everyone know.

I'm back to work and message traffic is up and running. I think at this point there is a very slim chance we get results before the first week in January, but you never know. If I see the message, I'll post here first.

• Like 1

I'm back to work and message traffic is up and running. I think at this point there is a very slim chance we get results before the first week in January, but you never know. If I see the message, I'll post here first.

thanks, HMCIDC  BBb)

Hi navymom. There are several divisions of the msc ipp such as physician assistant and pharmacy. Each has applicants and quotas to fill. We only have speculation of the number that apply and get selected based upon the information we can get from other commands and boards. The results should be out beggining of January. .. maybe as this to is speculation.

Guest ET2 PHARM

Yep, I have message traffic up and running. They will hit on message traffic before the NPC web site show them. As soon as they hit I'll jump on here and let everyone know.

Chief, please don't forget to put up the pharmacy selectees too!!!!! Happy Holidays everyone!!!!

Guest Sailor doc

Freaking out about the issues and the IDC credits being overlooked for HMCIDC PA Applicant.  I never got a response if I was academically eligible (like most of us) but did get a response that my package was received and it wasn't mailed back to me so I should be GTG.  Good luck to all and hopefully soon we will have answers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sailor Doc, I thought the same thing.  It wasn't until 3 weeks ago that I called her and asked if my PA package made it to the board.  Was I in for a surprised. It didn't make it.  I asked her about contacting me when my package did go, (like she said she would in multiple emails)  and her response was something to the tune of I didn't get to it.  Next year, I will hound her.  

On another note, for the PA applicants, I think the U of N really screwed Mrs. Kemp and HM1 over.  What I mean by that is that she shouldn't have to be processing the grade sheets as well as getting the packages together for the board at the same time and the furloughs took away more valuable time.  I hope that next year we can get out grade sheets back when they are supposed to. 

* I asked her about contacting me if my package (didn't) go, (like she said she would in multiple emails)  and her response was something to the tune of I didn't get to it.