Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran

AME1

FY20 Chief Selection Board

Rate this topic

Tony

I'm getting questions about the Chief Selectee Group, here's the scoop...

Starting tomorrow, after the list comes out, I'll need:

• First and Last name
  • Rate
  • Username of this forum (if you email it to me)

Please wait until the list comes out otherwise I might forget your request (old age.)  :sembarrassed_100-115:

:graphics-3d-smileys-986177:

Tony

For those who will be working hard for another try next year, @PO1(IW/FMF) started the FY-21 forum. Fix records, ask the hard questions, get those quals and remember - SSP rules.

:5201:

Tony

It'll be entertaining when those forum members who got the S slip into the twilight zone and disappear. :ph34r:

BBb)

CT_in_DC

Hello all. I can say I finally got the news with selection I've been waiting almost ten years for. Got the S.

The games have already started, and I think I'm already "that guy". Haha. 

Congratulations to all that have made it, and for those that didn't this time, hey, this was my LAST CHANCE at promotion. It happens. Never give up, always keep the faith, and always do right by your fellow Sailors and by yourself and your family (if you have one).

Thank you to all. I'm new here posting, but a huge long time lurker. 

• Like 1
  • That Sounds Good!! 1

Sailor wife and mom

Good job to all who made it and good luck next year to all that did not.  I just wanted to thank you for helping me keep sane during the last week.  My son got his S this year.  Now my husband and I are going to Japan in September and my husband will be putting on his first set of anchors onto the collar of our son.  That has been a dream of my husband and my son.  

• Like 2

Helo_AO
12 hours ago, AO1(AW/SW) said:

First time up and get the "N" really thought I had a strong package for an AO but I really think my NJP played a part in this as well as less than 2 year TIR. Ill keep doing what I am doing and keep leading sailors!

Congrats on all of you guys getting the "S" you all really deserved it.

#KeepGrinding

Same here bro. I’m gonna PM you, we have similar scenarios.

Congrats again to all.

Tony

Okay, why haven't the results been published? :huh:

LSHARP

Happy for you AME1 I’ve been tracking you in this site for a while 

enjoy your season and keep you ears open and a positive attitude 

Riverine Rat

Anyone see the full list yet? 

• That Sounds Good!! 1

Tony

registration is open back up. don't forget to reply to the validation email.

OrdieLife
2 minutes ago, Riverine Rat said:

Anyone see the full list yet? 

Nope still waiting patiently 😂 

CWO7361

the message just posted on NPC

• Cool! 1

Sub_wife123

I got the call from squadron yesterday that my husband was selected. (He’s underway) he’s set to deploy soon, I’m wondering if I’m holding my breath hoping they leave him behind, and give him new orders since the only 3 selected on the boat are all in his division. 

Thoughts anyone?

I’d really hate to miss pinning my hubby :( 

AO1wife08
3 hours ago, Sub_wife123 said:

I got the call from squadron yesterday that my husband was selected. (He’s underway) he’s set to deploy soon, I’m wondering if I’m holding my breath hoping they leave him behind, and give him new orders since the only 3 selected on the boat are all in his division. 

Thoughts anyone?

I’d really hate to miss pinning my hubby :( 

Similar situation here! 🤞🤞🤞 Mine is currently on a boat det, will be home for a bit then will leave for deployment. There were already two AOCs in his command, now there are four. 😬

Sub_wife123
1 hour ago, AO1wife08 said:

Similar situation here! 🤞🤞🤞 Mine is currently on a boat det, will be home for a bit then will leave for deployment. There were already two AOCs in his command, now there are four. 😬

I’m just crossing my fingers and hoping they leave him behind. Lord knows we’d get orders during deployment and I’d be stuck figuring out how to move cross county with the animals and ya know both cars 😂

• Like 1

AO1wife08
4 minutes ago, Sub_wife123 said:

I’m just crossing my fingers and hoping they leave him behind. Lord knows we’d get orders during deployment and I’d be stuck figuring out how to move cross county with the animals and ya know both cars 😂

Same. He still has two years left on this sea duty rotation so we're hoping they'll just transfer him to another command here but we're not holding our breath. 🤣

• Like 1

Tony

for those who were selected, remember you can change your status on this form to Chief Selectee. Just contact me with your first and last name, rate and username if you are contacting me by email.