Jump to content
Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Stazz
On 11/14/2018 at 8:56 PM, DeepCLeprechaun35 said:

Anyone familiar with ranking boards for the E6 level? Also if you have a new reporting senior but your previous eval from the same command was an EP, does it get dropped bc of a new CO or does it remain in effect? Any knowledge would be much appreciated, thank you.

Your eval can change every year between P, MP, EP (or worse) depending on your performance. Typically, the ranking board is going to show progress/ growth by moving you up from one year to the next, but there are factors that can affect that. Generally speaking, if you get bumped down from EP to MP at the same command, you want the write-up to address it, i.e. reduction of summary group. If you are bumped down because of change of senior rater, the board will see that and it is not a big deal. Don't get hung up on EP or MP though, the write-up is most important followed by being above the summary group average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

subguy10524

There are people still here! Always crazy the lull in conversation when it isn’t board season. 

How did the eval cycle go for everyone? I had 11 months at my command. Managed an MP out of 18 first classes and above summary group average. 

Was hoping for an EP, but I don’t have all my quals 100% complete yet. Dropped from an EP at my last command. Write up has leadership and management of my work center and LPO at sea.  So hopefully, this will work out favorably! 

How did everyone else do?

  • Like 1
  • Cool! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tony

Remember folks, when signing up, you have to respond to the validation email. If you are not getting the email then you may need to whitelist NavyAdvancement.com or contact your IT. Otherwise, I cannot email you saying that there is a pending request because you won't get that email either! :o

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mslteck99
On 11/27/2018 at 6:48 PM, subguy10524 said:

There are people still here! Always crazy the lull in conversation when it isn’t board season. 

How did the eval cycle go for everyone? I had 11 months at my command. Managed an MP out of 18 first classes and above summary group average. 

Was hoping for an EP, but I don’t have all my quals 100% complete yet. Dropped from an EP at my last command. Write up has leadership and management of my work center and LPO at sea.  So hopefully, this will work out favorably! 

How did everyone else do?

#1 EP with .44 above RSCA, but they took my four billets and collapsed then into two and removed a few dollar amounts and personnel numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
subguy10524
5 hours ago, mslteck99 said:

#1 EP with .44 above RSCA, but they took my four billets and collapsed then into two and removed a few dollar amounts and personnel numbers. 

Congrats on the great breakout! 

Did you ask about the billets and amounts before signing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mslteck99
18 hours ago, subguy10524 said:

Congrats on the great breakout! 

Did you ask about the billets and amounts before signing?

I did! The CAPT said the board isn’t worried about how many tickets you sold, how much you raised, or how many organizations participated in a parade. He separated all the personnel numbers to prevent confusion, “you led all the ALL of the E6 and below here, but you also trained all the Navy personnel. It’s confusing to say you led mentored trained 91 Sailors, then advocated for the command’s 130+ E6 and below. The board doesn’t like confusing.”

“It’s all in the actions you did and capturing the leadership behind it, that’s what I focused on, your leadership in EVERYTHING you did!” 

Senior discussed it with me when the CAPT stepped out to talk to the one star, “this is his view point, but it’s a GREAT view point” he was more than satisfied with it, and that is saying something after the MCs that reviewed my record loved the last eval Senior played a huge part of. 

BAD8E47E-2CB0-46B6-B9A7-987360472983.jpeg

  • Cool! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stazz
On 11/27/2018 at 6:48 PM, subguy10524 said:

There are people still here! Always crazy the lull in conversation when it isn’t board season. 

How did the eval cycle go for everyone? I had 11 months at my command. Managed an MP out of 18 first classes and above summary group average. 

Was hoping for an EP, but I don’t have all my quals 100% complete yet. Dropped from an EP at my last command. Write up has leadership and management of my work center and LPO at sea.  So hopefully, this will work out favorably! 

How did everyone else do?

MP above Summary Group, so that's a win after the 2017 fiasco of absolutely zero transfers. 10 months QA ALPO and 2 months LPO in Avionics at sea (Deployment, RIMPAC, Fallon, SUSTEX). My Sailors produced and were recognized (MAP, '17 SOY, '18 SOY, 100% warfare qual'd, etc.) Led SAILOR 360, duty section, FCPOA Fundraising.

While I feel I deserved better ranking, I've spent 3 consecutive years on Nx and understand that, unfortunately, face-time does matter and it was directly commented on at my debrief (Freudian slip). I got what I needed to make my PSR PT 3 to show progress on the 'lazy Z'. I feel this will lead the board members to have a more favorable opinion as they dig deeper in my record. The last check in the block on my LADR is now complete as well with LPO. This year better be the year- tired to taking tests and don't want to have to take 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mslteck99
4 hours ago, Stazz said:

MP above Summary Group, so that's a win after the 2017 fiasco of absolutely zero transfers. 10 months QA ALPO and 2 months LPO in Avionics at sea (Deployment, RIMPAC, Fallon, SUSTEX). My Sailors produced and were recognized (MAP, '17 SOY, '18 SOY, 100% warfare qual'd, etc.) Led SAILOR 360, duty section, FCPOA Fundraising.

While I feel I deserved better ranking, I've spent 3 consecutive years on Nx and understand that, unfortunately, face-time does matter and it was directly commented on at my debrief (Freudian slip). I got what I needed to make my PSR PT 3 to show progress on the 'lazy Z'. I feel this will lead the board members to have a more favorable opinion as they dig deeper in my record. The last check in the block on my LADR is now complete as well with LPO. This year better be the year- tired to taking tests and don't want to have to take 2.

I'm there with you...about tested out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PO1(IW/FMF)
On 11/27/2018 at 6:48 PM, subguy10524 said:

There are people still here! Always crazy the lull in conversation when it isn’t board season. 

How did the eval cycle go for everyone? I had 11 months at my command. Managed an MP out of 18 first classes and above summary group average. 

Was hoping for an EP, but I don’t have all my quals 100% complete yet. Dropped from an EP at my last command. Write up has leadership and management of my work center and LPO at sea.  So hopefully, this will work out favorably! 

How did everyone else do?

Only been on board 4 months and got the Welcome Aboard P and a below RSCA trait average, and every CPO that talked to me made it very clear I was getting it. But the write up is def way better than a P write up as told to me by the few CPOs that have seen it so hopefully that will speak enough at the board. Hopefully between that and the transfer eval my package will be an improvement from last year. Not much leadership in the 4 month but I’m also at a staff command so... but plenty in last years and the transfer with Sailors producing greatly as well as FY17 BJOY and JSOY. 

 

Happy holidays everyone and keep studying!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online



×