FY-20 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

Guest osiris0107
7 hours ago, ADCS said:

Yea, I dont understand their formula....

For my rate, they told me I was going to have to complete specific roles in order to make chief. I literally did an E5 job, skipped to an E7 job then to an O2 job and picked up. I don't think they use the same mindset for this board as they do E7-E9 boards, so it's probably another secret formula the "Kentucky Colonel" is hiding.

Guest GoNavy88

I’m missing Legal and Security - but I’ma also a PS so it’s hard to get those collaterals unless your a YN.

could hurt me, but I have plans to take the legal o and security assistant course this summer if I don’t pick up.

how about yourself?

Guest KingATC
6 hours ago, Rwar007 said:

If the trend holds true the results will come out on Friday March 1st....

Agree. Maybe even thursday the 28th since they convened a day earlier than last year.

Guest Tarheel PR
17 hours ago, GoNavy88 said:

I’m missing Legal and Security - but I’ma also a PS so it’s hard to get those collaterals unless your a YN.

could hurt me, but I have plans to take the legal o and security assistant course this summer if I don’t pick up.

how about yourself?

I have pretty much everything except line LCPO and AIMD/FRC PC qual. But I have other things that outweigh those anyway like 8300 and Aircraft Division LCPO. Got my BA this year too, not sure if it will matter though. Never know what will be the make or break... 🧐

Guest osiris0107
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:10 PM, Tarheel PR said:

How do you stack up against the discrete requirements?

I did everything except the dive qual. But I'm not a UCT guy so couldn't get that qual. I'll be in Romania on vacay when the results come out.

I am hitting all of my discrete requirements except for the NALCOMIS and ROM Manager NEC's. Both NEC's are incredibly hard to get as a Submarine LS. We don't deal with Aviation supply or have SH's. Everything else in the requirements is covered within my record and awards. For those who have been around the block a few times, how much would you say meeting ALL of the discreet requirements play vs strong endorsements and a record displaying SSP.

I have heard mixed reviews on this question and I am curious to know what everyone else thinks. This is my first time applying so I am just speculating but I feel as though endorsements from trusted names within the community would carry more weight.

Guest KingATC
20 minutes ago, SubLS said:

I am hitting all of my discrete requirements except for the NALCOMIS and ROM Manager NEC's. Both NEC's are incredibly hard to get as a Submarine LS. We don't deal with Aviation supply or have SH's. Everything else in the requirements is covered within my record and awards. For those who have been around the block a few times, how much would you say meeting ALL of the discreet requirements play vs strong endorsements and a record displaying SSP.

I have heard mixed reviews on this question and I am curious to know what everyone else thinks. This is my first time applying so I am just speculating but I feel as though endorsements from trusted names within the community would carry more weight.

My question is, how relevant are those names going to be to members who dont know who they are? Im not a board member so i dont know. I think they just look at rank and what it is said within that endorsement.

13 minutes ago, KingATC said:

My question is, how relevant are those names going to be to members who dont know who they are? Im not a board member so i dont know. I think they just look at rank and what it is said within that endorsement.

Good point.

9 hours ago, SubLS said:

As a LS I've been on a carrier and recruting duty... I am now at a special duty joint shore command. Point is I know people for 651X in recent years who didnt meet all requirements. Whether I get picked up or not I'm going to keep applying and keep being the best at what I do.  As long your endorsements are solid and your doing your job to the best of your ability and its reflected you have a shot....  or so I've been told.

I had two O6's and a Admiral on my board. All 10's and solid writeups. Also had a LOR by a second SC Admiral. We shall see. Who knows how all the weights and measures actually add up. At the end of the day, I feel like it all comes down to how the different ingredients mix and are received by those pushing the buttons.

Guest KingATC
1 hour ago, SubLS said:

I had two O6's and a Admiral on my board. All 10's and solid writeups. Also had a LOR by a second SC Admiral. We shall see. Who knows how all the weights and measures actually add up. At the end of the day, I feel like it all comes down to how the different ingredients mix and are received by those pushing the buttons.

Sounds like you have a really good shot. 

Guest HFLBrochacho

Third time applying for 649X. Meeting all the discreet requirements and LADR for MAC+.

To be completely honest, not being selected last year was a huge blow. My RSO and ISO each spoke to me and explained that it's okay to be pissed, but to look at the bigger picture. By potentially delaying a year, I have had the opportunity to win SOY and network with CMDCM's throughout my region. I've gone through more assessments and have even had the privilege of being acting ITO, allowing me to interact with Region N36 and N37 personnel on a much more in-depth level. Hell, if I am selected in the next few weeks, I will have the opportunity to right-hand a senior SECO selected for LCDR in addition to a CWO3 who is concluding an echelon-III tour.

So the moral of the story is that if you aren't selected, that it's not the end of the world. The extra year will only produce more opportunities to learn and better your preparation/potential to be an LDO.

Guest osiris0107
21 hours ago, KingATC said:

Bro! If you don't make it call me and we will get Donnie T on the phone to fix this atrocity!

21 hours ago, KingATC said:

I would like to think so, as a lot of effort was put into preparing for the appraisal board, scrubbing through my record, selective in the roles and job positions I took on, etc etc. But I'm sure others went to the same extent to prepare themselves as well. Only two more weeks until we all know.