FY-20 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

Guest Butter Star
On 7/10/2018 at 6:25 PM, 808Rinks said:

Applying to 641X/741X. Do I need to have the Application submitted and approved before arranging the appraisal board? Also, I noticed 741X was not open, does that mean I should not apply for it?

No the appraisal board is supposed to be used to help your CO with the recommendation.  But you should have the rest of the application completed so that you can provide it to the board members to review prior.

Guest Cryppie01

Morning Everyone,

Our command finally put out dates to turn in our applications. Been sitting on mine for a while and have had numerous LDO's and CWO's check my application. I am to the point where I'm done making changes, unless formatting wise, as I'm happy where it is now. For appraisals Ive gotten 1 O4 1810 with whom I deployed with and is now the DH on the west coast, an O5 1810 who was my old OIC but now is an incoming CO in Maryland, and another O4 1810. I additionally got a recommendation letter from an USA CW5 from SOCAF with whom I worked under for three years on and off through two deployments. People keep telling me I should go higher, but I had my appraisals done by Officers with whom I have served under and some that have seen me in combat situations. I feel those were the best people to appraise me as they seen what I do while in stressful and non stress full positions.

Guest KingATC
9 hours ago, VegasMA said:

Here is a question for everyone: How are you formatting your Letter to the Board for submitting your package? I'm assuming they aren't wanting us to list our appraisals and such as enclosures on the LTB itself like we do for CPO, since the instructions give specific guidance on how to number them in the package.

I was thinking about just doing a quick and simple:

1. Per reference (a), please consider this package for the 649X / Security Officer designator.

Submitting the LTB? You mean enclosures for the application? Or are you talking about an addendum letter? 

Guest KingATC
6 hours ago, VegasMA said:

The NAVADMIN states information submitted to the board needs to be under the applicants cover letter and endorsed by the Command, which has been routine for previous years for addendum letters. Maybe it's just misinterpretation on my end, but wouldn't that apply to the initial submission on 01OCT18 as well, seeing as how the package may now be emailed?

Falls in line essentially with the CPO board LTB.

It's a bit different. Addendum letters are mandatory for E-6's due to the fact that the November Eval must be submitted to the board by the deadline in the NAVADMIN. Ofcourse you can send any other enclosures that you may want the board to consider. CPO's dont need to send anything as their Evals are in September and it would or should be in their OMPF by then or it should have been submitted with the LDO package.

Guest KingATC
25 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

How would an addendum letter be formatted? And is it needed to include the checklist and profile sheet as enclosures? I have everything else together and am ready to send it off. Just need to see if I need that cover letter. 

No. You dont do addendum letter now. There is a sample addendum letter here:https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/administrative/ldo_cwo/Pages/default.aspx

In page 8 of your application is where you will list all your enclosures bellow your detailed Naval Service statement. You will then turn in all enclosured with the application. If you are an E-6, then you will send your eval via addendum letter by the the deadline in the NAVADMIN. dont worry about that addendum letter right now. Make sure to put your name and social on every enclosure.

Guest KingATC
1 minute ago, subguy10524 said:

I forgot to mention I am a nuke E-6 so my process is the different one. So my deadline is Aug 31. Does that change things? Or can I just send everything as a single package?

On that note. I would read the NAVADMIN and seek someone in your community and ask these questions. Im in aviation but would think that the process applies to everyone. Also read the FY-20 Application instructions here: https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/administrative/ldo_cwo/Pages/default.aspx

On 7/24/2018 at 2:13 PM, VegasMA said:

The NAVADMIN states information submitted to the board needs to be under the applicants cover letter and endorsed by the Command, which has been routine for previous years for addendum letters. Maybe it's just misinterpretation on my end, but wouldn't that apply to the initial submission on 01OCT18 as well, seeing as how the package may now be emailed?

Falls in line essentially with the CPO board LTB.

Just list your enclosures in part 3 of your personal statement. Then label your enclosures according to how you listed them on the application. No need to send LTB. Just sat an appraisal board with a CWO4 who sat the board last year and he said they look for reasons to throw out packages and not following the instructions to the letter will get yours thrown out. If you have any other questions let me know I’ll be glad to help 

Guest OS1 (EXW/SW/AW/SS)
On 3/5/2018 at 3:20 PM, Teaguemonie said:

Guess it’s time to start this thing going again. Good luck to all applying!

I have yet to apply, but I'm interested in CWO, any tips?

16 hours ago, KingATC said:

Can anyone shine some light on how much weight an Associates Degree has? Will be sending mine via addendum in december.

I don’t know the exact answer but if you look st board statistics the average select has 14 years of education so it has to be worth something. 

Guest subguy10524

While not completely germane to the board topic, I was attempting to look up LDO pay information and trying to figure out where to find a few things.  Currently I am a nuclear electrician, received SDAP(nuke pay), SUB pay, Sea pay, BAS, etc.

Would a nuclear LDO receive any of those special pays? I can't find the source or the answer.  Is anyone able to point me in the right direction or have the answer?

Also, if I happen to re-enlist while I have an active application, what talks about the ESRP program in relation to that? I see for the SRB it would hold any bonus in Suspension until results come out.  Is that the same for the ESRP?

Thanks in advance!

Guest kontogsl

First time applying for 781X. Should I or should I not submit letters of recommendations? I hear yes and no from my command but I see it as if they don't want they they will disregard them. If they want them then there they are. Also I have a FLOC for being a honorable mention for a very presitgious award within the intelligence community I know the package says NAM and above but I am submitting my FLOC citation with my package and want to know it that will be looked upon negatively or not. 

Guest Butter Star
On 8/4/2018 at 1:33 AM, kontogsl said:

First time applying for 781X. Should I or should I not submit letters of recommendations? I hear yes and no from my command but I see it as if they don't want they they will disregard them. If they want them then there they are. Also I have a FLOC for being a honorable mention for a very presitgious award within the intelligence community I know the package says NAM and above but I am submitting my FLOC citation with my package and want to know it that will be looked upon negatively or not. 

What I've heard about Letters of Recommendation are that they are only worth while if they are from Flag ranks and very recent.  I don't think the FLOC will hurt you.

Guest GoNavy88

Does anyone have a good example of a sample continuations sheet?  Also, for those that were selected for Chief this cycle, did you write your close out eval geared toward the LDO board?

Guest KingATC
22 minutes ago, GoNavy88 said:

Does anyone have a good example of a sample continuations sheet?  Also, for those that were selected for Chief this cycle, did you write your close out eval geared toward the LDO board?

I have one. Can send it to you on Monday. I got Selected this year and did my closeout. To answer your question Yes. I did gear it to LDO. Have seen previous packages and they all did the same once they made Chief, so Im following suit.

Guest GoNavy88
7 minutes ago, KingATC said:

I have one. Can send it to you on Monday. I got Selected this year and did my closeout. To answer your question Yes. I did gear it to LDO. Have seen previous packages and they all did the same once they made Chief, so Im following suit.

I appreciate it!  

Guest KingATC
54 minutes ago, Krussday said:

649X applicant reaching out for a possible phone or VTC interview. Can any one point me in the right direction?

Try to get your Division Officer to help you seek some of these Officers and then Invite them. Speacially now that the deadline is around the corner. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HawaiiGM

When a CO says on your package it will just be “forwarded” what does that mean? I assume that’s all he will write in the COs recommendation?

Guest SurgeMain1

Hello, new to the forum however, I have been reading the posts for some time.

I need some help potentially. I am still trying to get my interview appraisals done, having a tough time locating Officers in designator 623X/ Submarine Engineering Repair.

Any suggestions. I am a reservist I do not have access to any LDOs at my NOSC.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Butter Star
On 8/30/2018 at 1:42 PM, SurgeMain1 said:

Hello, new to the forum however, I have been reading the posts for some time.

I need some help potentially. I am still trying to get my interview appraisals done, having a tough time locating Officers in designator 623X/ Submarine Engineering Repair.

Any suggestions. I am a reservist I do not have access to any LDOs at my NOSC.

PM me and I can assist.

Guest Butter Star
On 8/12/2018 at 7:28 PM, Krussday said:

649X applicant reaching out for a possible phone or VTC interview. Can any one point me in the right direction?

SELRES or active?