Guest AVI-Tech

No call from anyone at my command yet, it’s 5:20... though I’m hoping they just didn’t want to wake up at midnight to check the results. Or I didn’t get the S....

Guest PO14Life
21 minutes ago, AVI-Tech said:

No call from anyone at my command yet, it’s 5:20... though I’m hoping they just didn’t want to wake up at midnight to check the results. Or I didn’t get the S....

In the same boat.. I’m thinking I didn’t make it. I’m hoping better for you though.

Congrats to all who made it, feeling lazy and don't want to read through all the posts right now.  Those who got the 'N'avy today, I started the new hangout for next year.

Guest HMC(SW/IW/AW)
1 hour ago, OJ451 said:

8th N in a row.  98% on the test every time,  18 Years, 3 ships In different locations, LPO, Dept LPO, SW/AW, MOVSM, MWR coordinator, Million other collaterals, Recruiting duty, top in all classes, 5 deployments, FCPOA and CPO 365 involvement, every brilliant on basics check mark, Humanitarian work, NATO involvement, all the quals I can get, Outstanding PRT’s, never failed weigh ins, Associates Degree, 100% all certifications, created new technology that has been fielded to ships,  All the PME and SJPME,  No NJP, and more.  

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?  Someone throw me a nugget on what to add to the list to get selected because I’m running out of time.

You didn’t mention anything on your list about your Sailors accomplishments. Good luck next year 

12 minutes ago, HMC(SW/IW/AW) said:

You didn’t mention anything on your list about your Sailors accomplishments. Good luck next year 

I was about to say the exact same thing. If your evals are saying what you did, you’re wrong. Not trying to sound mean, but it’s not about you anymore. 

Guest CursedSwabbie

Sorry it has been one heck of a day... But i am OSC (SEL)! Thank you @Tony for this site amd thank you to all who helped me get to where i need to be!

22 minutes ago, CursedSwabbie said:

Sorry it has been one heck of a day... But i am OSC (SEL)! Thank you @Tony for this site amd thank you to all who helped me get to where i need to be!

Oh wow! I still remember when you changed your profile pic to that sour pus face when you got really upset that you didn't make it. This makes it a grand day and I can truly say I am happy for you!

:5308:

Guest anavychick02

Congratulations for those that I get selected! I did not, but am I upset of course  so all I can do now is prepare for next year, so with that being said any OSC(Sel) that would not mind me picking their brain and see what I can do for next year to hopefully get selected I would greatly appreciate it. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks OS1!

Guest Intel

ISC (SEL) after three looks.  I have to second what others are saying: highlighting your Sailors accomplishments in your evals, as best as they can be summarized, is key.  My most recent eval was LPO of 115 Sailors and Officers.  The only place my accomplishments were mentioned was Block 44.  Block 43 was nothing but what my Sailors accomplished.

Congrats to those that made it.  To those who didn't, got my fingers crossed for next year.

Guest DeepCLeprechaun35
Just now, Pebz said:

11 edt 

Lol of course! Should have figured that. Thank you. Sucks when you cannot rely on your command to tell you yay or nay. Lol

Guest Riverine Rat
1 hour ago, HMC(SW/IW/AW) said:

1 hour ago, 649_Select said:

I was about to say the exact same thing. If your evals are saying what you did, you’re wrong. Not trying to sound mean, but it’s not about you anymore. 

And if my evals say what my sailors have accomplished (2 LT, 1 Chief) I have helped train and lead in recruiting as an NC Officer Recruiter and past evals as an AO production LPO of 126 sailors and LPO Riverine Squadron Two of 56 sailors. What than? What else do can I do to show the board I am helping Sailors/ Future Sailors (Officers) and the Navy the only things I can do for myself at this point is MOVSM and my Masters Degree. So I am past me, but I will say there needs to be something I am missing if I haven’t been selected after 7 looks. 

Guest CursedSwabbie
47 minutes ago, Tony said:

Oh wow! I still remember when you changed your profile pic to that sour pus face when you got really upset that you didn't make it. This makes it a grand day and I can truly say I am happy for you!

:5308:

The sour puss face was holding me back😂 thanks again Tony!

Guest cscs(ret)2010
1 hour ago, CursedSwabbie said:

Congratulations! Just remember to check in from time to time. Don't leave your fellow shipmates behind.

Guest CursedSwabbie
20 minutes ago, cscs(ret)2010 said:

Congratulations! Just remember to check in from time to time. Don't leave your fellow shipmates behind.

Would not even think about it.. This forum helped me get to where I am at and i intend to help other get there as well!

Guest Navygirl2016

My husband got the “S” today while we were driving back to our duty station from leave. His colonel called him. I know how big of a deal this is since I am prior navy. He is an IT stationed in Colorado. Fifth time up for him! 

I’m thinking evals are my weak spot. If any selectees are willing to send me some examples of their recent evals, pm me I’ll give you my email 🤔 I don’t know how much good it will do. My commands always chop them to poop but it’s worth a look. 

Guest davemattwill
4 minutes ago, Ayylmao said:

My chief at my gaining command texted me:

Him:Chief Select?!?...

Me: You tell me.

Same here.

Guest laurar06

Looks like the BF did not get the S. Glad for all the Selectees and to the ones that didn't make it, I respect all of your efforts to keep improving yourselves and leading your sailors. 

:5201:

Guest NavyAEforlife
14 minutes ago, EMN1 said:

Was not selected.  I'm 99% sure it is because I did not get an EP on my last eval onboard the ship.

Also not selected.  Was #1 EP and also SSOY.  Apparently still not good enough for my rate, lol.....gonna keep on truckin'!!