FY19 Chief Selection Board

Guest osiris0107

I believe I remember reading the Precepts for this year are going to read different. What I mean is that they are going to be more actual rate driven and less about I'm the best collateral duty sailor in the navy. When do the precepts normally come out around July?

Guest osiris0107
7 hours ago, AME1 said:

So I was done with the test in about 45 minutes, and somehow cut a 76.Ā  So 8th times the charm?

Bro! Seriously if you don't make it I'm gonna be hurt. I have watched you on this forum for like four years and really want this for you, sometimes more than for myself lol.

Guest sk32004toLSC
5 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

I believe I remember reading the Precepts for this year are going to read different. What I mean is that they are going to be more actual rate driven and less about I'm the best collateral duty sailor in the navy. When do the precepts normally come out around July?

The precepts are available now

13 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

Bro! Seriously if you don't make it I'm gonna be hurt. I have watched you on this forum for like four years and really want this for you, sometimes more than for myself lol.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.Ā  I figure if I don't make it this year I should have a good eval for next year.Ā  This eval I have 11 months of QA, and 1 month of tool room/ IMRL manager.Ā  We have our major inspection in May so if I do good on it I should get a nice write up for my eval.Ā  Just have to play the waiting game to see.Ā  Hope you make it this year.Ā  :5427:

Hit my 20 year mark in June.

For those of you who may not know, the selection board is now conducted like officers boards. This means every record gets in the tank for briefings. No more score sheets and cutoff score to go to the tank. Just FYI.

• Like 1

Guest osiris0107
5 hours ago, Dogg said:

For those of you who may not know, the selection board is now conducted like officers boards. This means every record gets in the tank for briefings. No more score sheets and cutoff score to go to the tank. Just FYI.

May I ask where this information is in writing. Iā€™ve heard nothing about this specific part of board but I know he CNP pretty much said he was switching it up due to the master chief board last year.

Ā 

5 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

May I ask where this information is in writing. Iā€™ve heard nothing about this specific part of board but I know he CNP pretty much said he was switching it up due to the master chief board last year.

Eye witnessĀ 

So I was told that you can view your raw score on FLTMPS about a week or two after profile sheets come out.Ā  Is the raw score how many questions out of the whole test I got right?Ā  I know they throw out some questions when grading (or at least that's the rumor I've always heard), and that the score on the profile sheet doesn't reflect against the whole test.

Guest Riverine Rat

I just finished my AS degree and was told it could take two months to receive my degree in hand. Im worried it might not get to me in time to submit it with my package. I am only 7 classes away from my BS degree however I will not be able to complete them before the package deadline.

1 hour ago, SeniorSnipe92545 said:

You cannot use AMRDEC no more.Ā  That option is not in the NAVADMIN no more.Ā  I posted about this yesterday but it was deleted.Ā  I just want to make sure that everybody gets this.Ā 

You are putting out incorrect information:

TheĀ NAVADMINĀ does not exclusivelyĀ prohibitĀ AMRDEC.Ā AMRDECĀ is a secure file storing facility, not an email client.Ā TheĀ NAVADMINĀ does say that the preferred method of communication is secure email or the postal system.Ā RecipientsĀ behindĀ aĀ .milĀ or .gov network will receive notice of a file temporarily stored inĀ AMRDECĀ when the sender adds those emails addresses.

Guest BXPS1
On 3/17/2018 at 7:39 PM, AME1 said:

So I was told that you can view your raw score on FLTMPS about a week or two after profile sheets come out.Ā  Is the raw score how many questions out of the whole test I got right?Ā  I know they throw out some questions when grading (or at least that's the rumor I've always heard), and that the score on the profile sheet doesn't reflect against the whole test.

You can view it already. I did it on Wednesday. Yes, it is how many questions you answered correctly.

Guest BXPS1
5 hours ago, Riverine Rat said:

I just finished my AS degree and was told it could take two months to receive my degree in hand. Im worried it might not get to me in time to submit it with my package. I am only 7 classes away from my BS degree however I will not be able to complete them before the package deadline.

Your college should be able to send you a verification letter stating that you have completed all of the requirements for XXXX degree and will be graduating such date. My school emailed me the letter in 3 hours.

So now it's the long wait for quotas.Ā  Will be interesting to see if they go up or not.Ā  Since I've been eligible the highest I've seen is in the 30's, they made 26 last year out of about 110 board eligible AME1's.

Havenā€™t been on in a few but I am def open to reviewing records and jus mentoring I took the non scenic route to Chief. Iā€™m a LS no ranked EPs ever in my 10yr career, no SOQ/SOY, no degrees and no MOVSM. I can not stress to you how much you are doing for others and the command will out weigh everything else. If you would like to reach out my email is Shawand.harp@navy.mil

• Cool 1

Guest Rolling DV8
On 3/20/2018 at 12:41 PM, Riverine Rat said:

Have the university send you a letter of pending graduation for the associates degree. Ā Request official transcripts depicting total credits earned out of the required amount for baccalaureateĀ degree; then have admin certify them to be a true copy and add as an enclosure in LTB. Ā Add a line about your education and goals. Ā If the degree is in-line with your rate, it adds more value. Ā (my observation)

Guest LS1(AW/SW/IW)
On 3/22/2018 at 8:54 AM, LSHARP said:

Havenā€™t been on in a few but I am def open to reviewing records and jus mentoring I took the non scenic route to Chief. Iā€™m a LS no ranked EPs ever in my 10yr career, no SOQ/SOY, no degrees and no MOVSM. I can not stress to you how much you are doing for others and the command will out weigh everything else. If you would like to reach out my email is Shawand.harp@navy.mil

I will shoot you an email in the am.

Guest Mestizo68

Quick questions for everyone!

1. Ā Where is your SSN located on each enclosure you submit with your LTB? Ā Top left or top right? Ā NAVADMIN 027/18 is unclear. Ā 

2. Ā If you find or appear that your NAVPERS 1070ā€™s are outdated in your OMPF,Ā could you annotate what is outdated by asterisk symbols when you submit as an enclosure? And would you also document / explain the reasonsĀ why you are using the asterisk symbolĀ on your LTB?

3. Ā Field code 32 is your Administrative Remarks section. Ā I found to have only one document which has a PG 13 documenting being frocked to Ā a second class. Ā Would I need to also document my focking letters as a PG 13 to be submitted for OMPF inclusion?

4. How would you be able to document your designation letters in your OMPF? Ā Would it need to be a PG 13 and added as an Administrative remark? Ā I have noticed numerous designation letters saying ā€œCopy to Service Recordā€. Ā But none is there. Ā 

5. Ā With anyone having a College Degree, is your Diploma certificate documented on your OMPF?

Thanks. Ā 

DC1

Ā 

Ā 

Guest ICEDELE
On ā€Ž4ā€Ž/ā€Ž1ā€Ž/ā€Ž2018 at 11:08 AM, Mestizo68 said:

Quick questions for everyone!

1. Ā Where is your SSN located on each enclosure you submit with your LTB? Ā Top left or top right? Ā NAVADMIN 027/18 is unclear. Ā 

2. Ā If you find or appear that your NAVPERS 1070ā€™s are outdated in your OMPF,Ā could you annotate what is outdated by asterisk symbols when you submit as an enclosure? And would you also document / explain the reasonsĀ why you are using the asterisk symbolĀ on your LTB?

3. Ā Field code 32 is your Administrative Remarks section. Ā I found to have only one document which has a PG 13 documenting being frocked to Ā a second class. Ā Would I need to also document my focking letters as a PG 13 to be submitted for OMPF inclusion?

4. How would you be able to document your designation letters in your OMPF? Ā Would it need to be a PG 13 and added as an Administrative remark? Ā I have noticed numerous designation letters saying ā€œCopy to Service Recordā€. Ā But none is there. Ā 

5. Ā With anyone having a College Degree, is your Diploma certificate documented on your OMPF?

Thanks. Ā 

DC1

Ā 

Ā 

Good question DC1! I'm still waiting to see if someone will answer your post.Ā  In reference to question #1, I always put my SSN and enclosure number at the bottom of my documents like a footnote.Ā  Last Name, First, M. SSN on left side at bottom and then Enclosure number on bottom right

Guest Mestizo68
2 hours ago, ICEDELE said:

Good question DC1! I'm still waiting to see if someone will answer your post.Ā  In reference to question #1, I always put my SSN and enclosure number at the bottom of my documents like a footnote.Ā  Last Name, First, M. SSN on left side at bottom and then Enclosure number on bottom right

Ā 

ICEDELE:

What instruction,Ā manual, or guidanceĀ does it tell you to do just that?Ā  I wouldĀ like to see it in black and white.Ā  I'm also waiting for someone to reply to my post as well.Ā  I'm sure someone will post with answers.Ā 

Thanks.

DC1Ā Ā Ā