Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran | Bases | Enlisted Portal

ET1EXWIWSW

FY19 Chief Selection Board

Rate this topic

CursedSwabbie
47 minutes ago, Just A OS1 said:

Looking at the Board membership I was wondering the same thing for the A, B and C breakdown. This is my first time actually noticing this and think it’s based off rating but also noticed for my rating some rates that could possibly grade my package are not all in the same group. If anyone else have clarity or insight please share. 

OS here myself... It looks like they have quite a lot of rates that deal with the OS rate (BM, MN, QM, STG) looks like Intel rates and CT's got wrapped up into group 3.

• Like 1

ScrubNation

Its starting to heat up in here!!! That's how you know it's getting close. Earlier I posted that I think it should be the week of the 30th but I'm gonna go with an exact date of 31 for triad release. 

• Like 1
  • That Sounds Good!! 1

Just A OS1
54 minutes ago, CursedSwabbie said:

OS here myself... It looks like they have quite a lot of rates that deal with the OS rate (BM, MN, QM, STG) looks like Intel rates and CT's got wrapped up into group 3.

Looking at it again I agree. Guess our fate to be one of the 130 lay in the hands of group B.  

Best of Luck to you!!! 

• Like 1

ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009

Daaang I'm so nervous! I hope my ATS/MTS/ATTWO/MOVSM/SEJPME/PPME/SSOQ finally puts me over the hump! 😂🤔 Almost time.

AT1
3 minutes ago, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

Daaang I'm so nervous! I hope my ATS/MTS/ATTWO/MOVSM/SEJPME/PPME/SSOQ finally puts me over the hump! 😂🤔 Almost time.

Dang you've got quite a bit, good luck to you!

• Like 1

ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
Just now, AT1 said:

Dang you've got quite a bit, good luck to you!

Gracias! I hear the board is different every year even though precept basically doesn't change so we shall see. Good luck to you too!

CursedSwabbie
28 minutes ago, Just A OS1 said:

Looking at it again I agree. Guess our fate to be one of the 130 lay in the hands of group B.  

Best of Luck to you!!! 

And good luck to you as well!

• Thanks 1

Submarinecook1stclass

Yeah I’ve been feeling it and now it’s just so close... can’t come fast enough!!

subguy10524

Most definitely getting real. Don’t expect results next week, but I definitely see July 31 as triad notification.

I have served and had great interactions with one of the board members from my rate. I know it shouldn’t make a difference, but it is good to have that connection. At least if I don’t get the S I can ask for advice from someone who sat the board. 

ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
23 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

Most definitely getting real. Don’t expect results next week, but I definitely see July 31 as triad notification.

I have served and had great interactions with one of the board members from my rate. I know it shouldn’t make a difference, but it is good to have that connection. At least if I don’t get the S I can ask for advice from someone who sat the board. 

I know what you mean. I knew one of the board members last cycle too and unfortunately, he/she did not view my record. Obviously I didn't get the S but I spoke to the board member who did view my record and I asked for advice. I got it. But now I heard from a good source they are not looking at your past 5 years anymore. They are going back your whole career. If that's the case, I'm doomed. 😂

subguy10524
19 minutes ago, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

I know what you mean. I knew one of the board members last cycle too and unfortunately, he/she did not view my record. Obviously I didn't get the S but I spoke to the board member who did view my record and I asked for advice. I got it. But now I heard from a good source they are not looking at your past 5 years anymore. They are going back your whole career. If that's the case, I'm doomed. 😂

I also knew someone last cycle and asked advice. My record is better. And everything I have ever heard is they can look at your whole record. They will focus mainly on recent to see the trend, but your whole record on OMPF is visible and game for looking at. 

I also have some things in my past that aren’t great. No NJP or PFA failure, but my evals were not good. Recent few years though have been good evals. So that should very much help. 

Just A OS1

The rest of the month most popular line will be....

I hope you been 🏃🏽‍♀️running!!!

AS1(AW/SW/IW)
8 hours ago, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

Well if that is the case, then I am going to start studying now... 😅