Guest HuskerTech
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:04 PM, Montrell1891 said:

So I hit 19 years tomorrow. I've already accepted that I either make it or I don't. My retirement package is already filled out in NSIPS, I'm just waiting to see if I need to click submit or not. I guess I've been at this for too long to let it frustrate me.

I am in the same boat.  This is my 9th time up for chief.

Guest HuskerTech
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:10 PM, SpeedySeabee2018 said:

Good Luck to all. New to the forum but have been lurking since last year.

I have been lurking for years,  Finally decided to sign up and post.

2 hours ago, HuskerTech said:

How many pages is there going to be by the time the results are out?

Well in past years I'd say over 100, but seems kinda slow this year.  So maybe over 75 tops.

Guest CursedSwabbie
4 hours ago, AME1 said:

Well in past years I'd say over 100, but seems kinda slow this year.  So maybe over 75 tops.

The day the board ajourns I think it will pick up!

Guest Sheldon73

The board must have secured early  because my Master Chief sat the board and she is back at work today. 

Guest anavychick02
15 minutes ago, Sheldon73 said:

The board must have secured early  because my Master Chief sat the board and she is back at work today. 

😲

Guest TM4life
26 minutes ago, Sheldon73 said:

Maybe those who predicted that results will be out at the end of July are right. I pray that all of you eligibles got the "S".

Guest STS1(SS)752754
1 hour ago, Sheldon73 said:

Always good to see but the anticipation is going to be long this year

Guest CursedSwabbie
1 hour ago, TM4life said:

Maybe those who predicted that results will be out at the end of July are right. I pray that all of you eligibles got the "S".

I am always wrong at guessing but I would think 01 or 02 aug. I just cant see them having post board scrub done by next week... But you never know!

Looking for peoples opinions on this.  I've read and heard a lot about what the selection boards are looking for and what are the "must have" things to be selected.  From LPO to quals, volunteer work, cpo365, and collateral duties.  But from my personal observations, the #1 thing that matters and pretty much overrules anything else is having a non-transfer EP.  At least for surface nuclear electricians.

I have never known someone to make it without that.  Feel free to prove me wrong or give your input.

Guest CursedSwabbie
19 minutes ago, EMN1 said:

Looking for peoples opinions on this.  I've read and heard a lot about what the selection boards are looking for and what are the "must have" things to be selected.  From LPO to quals, volunteer work, cpo365, and collateral duties.  But from my personal observations, the #1 thing that matters and pretty much overrules anything else is having a non-transfer EP.  At least for surface nuclear electricians.

I have never known someone to make it without that.  Feel free to prove me wrong or give your input.

What my Chiefs have engraved into my brain was sustained superior performance! Not necessarily an EP but if you are above avg in comparison of your peers and above CO's avg.

2 minutes ago, CursedSwabbie said:

What my Chiefs have engraved into my brain was sustained superior performance! Not necessarily an EP but if you are above avg in comparison of your peers and above CO's avg.

That's what all of my commands khaki's have taught us as well.  I just haven't ever seen a person without an EP make it.

Guest THEORDNANCMAN
29 minutes ago, EMN1 said:

Everything that you mentioned is what I have, I’m really hoping that what you wrote is true, and is what they really are looking for!!!

Guest THEORDNANCMAN
8 minutes ago, CursedSwabbie said:

That’s true, my last command 2 of the 3 that made it had MP’s, but strong write ups..

28 minutes ago, CursedSwabbie said:

Definitely agree with the above statement! I’m no expert or Chief just awaiting to get the “S” as you all are but from Khaki leadership not everyone who makes Chief is off of EP. I would think somewhere maybe in their career you would have a good EP eval but I seen the #1 MP make Chief and one of my Senior Chiefs said he made chief without any EP evals just had good write ups. So I agree sustained superior performance and good write ups. Something that states you are performing at EP level where it may not be enough EPs to pass around but still show you are doing your job and beyond with supporting your Sailors. 

3 hours ago, Sheldon73 said:

If I’m not mistaken I thought I saw on this forum someone said the Reserve boards adjourned early as well this year before the date listed on the Navadmin. Im very anxious now and also heard today it’s a high possibility for the results to be out the 31st.

Guest Submarinecook1stclass

I be a heard of MPs making it but having at least one good High ranking EP is always good but the write up for what I’m told really pushes a lot of weight, if it is early. I’m super anxious. I hate this waiting part..

Hey subguy you s aid having check in the blocks. What have you been told were checks in the blocks. Just curious if it’s the same thing I’ve been told?

11 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

For me, as a nuke, it was 12 months LPO, 12 months EWS, and having the good evals with leadership.

Sounds right for what I’ve heard. As a forward guy I’ve been told LPO, one high ranking eval and COW, DOOW if your a-gang. I have up to COW so I’ve been hoping 

Guest BoatsJ

The suspense is building...........times up, let’s do this. Leeeeerrrrroooooyyyyyy Jjjjjeennnnnnkkkiiinnnsss!

In all seriousness, it would be awesome to hear everyone get the S. But the real gem is the knowledge being passed around in this thread. Never alone in this💪🏽

Guest ScrubNation

Have any of you looked at the rating ladders where it has what is expected to advance? Yeah the suspense is killing me too! Im an AE. Been an A school instructor where I got my MTS, transferred back to a squadron where I was AVI LPO then deployed as maintenance control trainee where I got my ESWS then QA LPO and finally Detachment LPO with my Safe for Flight. Last three year evals were #1P(because no one advanced) #3MP and then non ranked EP. All were above RSCA. but most importantly in my write ups and in life I made sure my juniors got awards, advanced, capped, and qualed up. Really hope this year is it. Some people told me I'm good but others told me I didn't break out til last3 years so it begs to question....I'm not getting my hopes up lol  Good luck everyone!

Guest ASC(AW/SW/IW)

So this was my last EVAL Opening and Closing statements:

**RANKED 8 OF 287 HIGHLY COMPETITVE FCPO ABOARD USS DWIGHT D EISENHOWER**

**TOP –NOTCH PERFORMER! KEY TO IM4 PRODUCTION CONTROL’S SUPERB SUPPORT TO CVW-3!**

**PERFORMING AT THE LEVEL OF A SEASONED CPO**

**THE U.S. NAVY NEEDS THIS PHENOMENAL LEADER IN KHAKIS NOW! SELECT TO ASC IMMEDIATELY!!**

The one before that was like this:

**SUPERSTAR STANDOUT!.  RANKS #7 OF 39 EXTREMENLY TALENTED FCPO'S IN AIMD**

**PERFORMING NOW AT LEVELS FULLY COMPETITIVE WITH THE FINEST CHIEF PETTY OFFICERS**

** I WANT HIM IN MY CPO MESS-MAKE IT OFFICIAL AND SELECT THIS SAILOR TO CHIEF TODAY**

These are brief snapshots of my last two evals. I don't have my MOVSM, but I do have all the PPMEs, USMAP and an associate's degree. I have documented performance of sailors getting qualified and advancing. Still didn't get the S last year. I didn't see anything missing or wrong in my OMPF. Don't know what the board looks for but I am not it.. Hopefully this year will be my year. Good luck to all

Reading all these things that people have done and still not getting the "S" does not make me optimistic about this board thing at all. This is my first one, so I know a lot of people don't make it the first time up but with some peoples stories it makes me think I have zero chance of being selected.

Guest TM4life
19 minutes ago, AT1 said:

Reading all these things that people have done and still not getting the "S" does not make me optimistic about this board thing at all. This is my first one, so I know a lot of people don't make it the first time up but with some peoples stories it makes me think I have zero chance of being selected.

Every board is different and I am sure that there are a good amount of people who have made it first time up. You have a good shot if your package is squared away. Best of luck to you.