Guest NavySailorHCAHopeful

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tony

Guest officerhealthcare
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:13 AM, Humble said:

Why would there be another board in July instead of just making one apply next year or even rolling into FY 18. I don't know just in the same boat as you all are. I wish everyone well and hope we all at some point get selected. I was told not all alternates got a second interview and I am not sure how many alternates were on the list. We are in June now and just waiting to see who get picked up this board. I wish we had some people that went through this cycle last years to share some light to this process.

I think there is a second interview because of the number of alternates which is extremely higher than usual.

Guest officerhealthcare
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:57 AM, navyboy1 said:

Same here guys. Let keep hoping. It's definitely going to happen. 

Just like one of my mentors would always say: it's just a matter of time

Guest officerhealthcare
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:07 PM, falcon229 said:

Received word from my recruiter that all alternate selects will have to do another interview. The program manager has already chosen the interviewer to conduct these new interviews. Not sure why a new interview is needed for all alternates.  

I am also hearing different information that not all alternates got the chance for a second interview.

Guest Humble

Greetings Everyone,

I have been in contact with the officers who sat the IPP board which is pretty much the same for us. They selected all the alternates for IPP this year. Also we should hear something soon regarding the board for this month. I am expecting to hear great news for us.  Stay the course and everything will work out well for us all.

Guest Humble

What is the new process? At one time they did boards year around. Well I believe the board has happened we are awaiting results.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Humble

Greetings,

How are things now that you are an officer in the Navy? The alternates that were offered an interview are awaiting results from the special board that was held in June. I am so ready to find out so I can get this new package of needed submitted. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest insanediplomat

Everyone is awfully quiet. Makes me wonder if everybody who was on this board is going through ODS now. 

Guest nana kwame

Just want to update you guys..... was selected for the June board with no quotas. got  the text from my recruiter yesterday.....

Guest insanediplomat
10 hours ago, nana kwame said:

Just want to update you guys..... was selected for the June board with no quotas. got  the text from my recruiter yesterday.....

Nana, which recruiting district is your recruiter based out of? 

Guest Nkem Isaac
On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 8:46 PM, NavySailorHCAHopeful said:

Hello! Anyone else a Navy HCA direct commission candidate for FY-18? 

Hi! I am about applying myself. But I am not sure of all the info I am hearing

Guest Nkem Isaac
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:45 AM, nana kwame said:

Happy for u.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smiggs

I received a call from my recruiter two weeks ago telling me I was selected with a quota but haven't heard anything further. Hopefully I receive an update soon about it.

Guest insanediplomat
21 hours ago, smiggs said:

I received a call from my recruiter two weeks ago telling me I was selected with a quota but haven't heard anything further. Hopefully I receive an update soon about it.

I was told I was on the "yes" list and waiting for a quota. Haven't heard anything either. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mrunels

I was also selected at the June board but I am still waiting on the final select notice. Has anyone gotten an update since the results? I know that eight total were selected and I see that we have four on this forum.

Guest smiggs

I haven't received anything at this point. Still in the waiting phase I guess but I was told to expect everything to happen after FY. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Simpeace

Hello everyone,

I got my MBA in HCA from APUS with a GPA of 3.7, which is an ACBSP accredited university. Although the NAVADMIN states a degree must be obtained if MBA from an AACSB, I am just conjecturing what are my chances of getting selected.  I am on active duty for 5 years now, straight EP Sailor with 3 NAMs, SOQ and a lot of community services. As I spoke with other MSC Officers, they states that I may not stand a chance and better off to plan on getting another degree from an AACSB institution. For those of you that got selected, and went to ODS, am really open to some advice. Thank you!!!