FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest Yamzi-USN

I have 5 USMAP completion certificate on me. I decided to include a FLTMPS Qualification/Certification Data print out (1 page) which has all my USMAP completion listed on it for my LTB.  But one of the Chiefs told me that I should submit the actual certification instead. (all five certificates).

I feel like, why would I submit all 5 pages if I can just submit 1 page that shows all of my completed USMAP?  The document came from FLTMPS website so it should be an official document right? Any thoughts?

Guest HooYahDeepSea
On 3/30/2017 at 8:16 AM, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

Question to all of the CPO's, SCPO's, and MCPO's in this forum. Should I submit a most updated NAVPERS 1070/880 Awards Records as an enclosure in my LTB?  My NAVPERS 1070/880 Awards Record that's currently in my OMPF is when I reenlisted in 2013.  Since then, I've received awards and added awards that weren't in my 2013 NAVPERS 1070/880 Awards Record. Not sure if I should submit a most recent one. Thank you.

If you think it is worth showing and you have numerous awards added, then yes. 2013 was a long time ago have you not PCSd or reenlistment since then?

i was in the same shoes and added mine to my LTB. Good luck 

Guest HooYahDeepSea
On 3/30/2017 at 3:20 AM, LSHARP said:

I know I will get wide varying opinions.  Should I include my PRIMS printout in my LTB? No less than Excellent PFA score since 2011. Looking for pros and cons. I am of opinion that it should in fact hold weight, I am not getting by on the bare minimum consistently. 

I would advice no. PFA is a post board scrub process.

it is similar to sending in your exam profile sheet. All the board wants to know if you passed/fail.

I agree how PFA should hold weight...more power to you and keep them scores high 

Guest HooYahDeepSea
On 3/14/2017 at 1:49 AM, navyordie123 said:

has anyone else noticed how they cut a lot of things out of the precept this year?

New Precept ((guidelines) are out....

go to MCPO under

convening order/membership/quotas...

Fcpoa/mess and cpo365 is a line item.

if you have positions I highly suggest including your letter of designations(president/vp/secretary and etc)

Guest navyordie123

Hoping that this year will be the year, got my USMAP cert not long ago, now just awaiting my MOVSM so I can send my LTB in. Good Luck to all. does anyone know if what happened on the MCPO board will affect the Chiefs Board?

On 4/12/2017 at 11:50 PM, HooYahDeepSea said:

New Precept ((guidelines) are out....

go to MCPO under

convening order/membership/quotas...

Fcpoa/mess and cpo365 is a line item.

if you have positions I highly suggest including your letter of designations(president/vp/secretary and etc)

I think this is the one you mentioned... 

FY-18 ACTIVE-DUTY NAVY AND NAVY RESERVE SENIOR ENLISTED ADVANCEMENT SELECTION BOARD PRECEPT

Remember you can link to anything from the NPC website if you want. :)

Guest DeepSea_IDC
On 3/30/2017 at 8:16 AM, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

Question to all of the CPO's, SCPO's, and MCPO's in this forum. Should I submit a most updated NAVPERS 1070/880 Awards Records as an enclosure in my LTB?  My NAVPERS 1070/880 Awards Record that's currently in my OMPF is when I reenlisted in 2013.  Since then, I've received awards and added awards that weren't in my 2013 NAVPERS 1070/880 Awards Record. Not sure if I should submit a most recent one. Thank you.

I had the same issue last year except it was completely missing altogether.

I would recommend reviewing your OMPF to ensure that all NAM (or other service equivalent) and above citations are included in there and in your PSR/NDAWS. If there is something missing, include that citation as an enclosure on your LTB and minimize the redundancies of including the 880 also.

That's what I did and it worked out for me.

Guest Mestizo68

Alright....Question in the room to those that can kindly answer. I was selected for OCS and left for a month.  However, I withdrew from the program due to personal hardship/reasons and had to return home. I was at OCS for month. I returned to my previous command without decrease in performance. I received a ranked eval for the first 8 months and received a MP with a summary group average of 4.04 and my individual trait average at 4.00. The first line in my writeup was "Returned to command after PCS due to personal hardship with no decrease in performance while awaiting new PCS orders. Makes positive impact in department and command". I still held the LPO role. The next 6 months I received a XFER eval EP of 4.43 1of 1. Before My transfer to OCS, I exceeded all group summary averages for past evals and had EP's across the board. My xfer eval before I left to OCS clearly explains that I was selected.

Does it hurt me having that NOB eval even it is just for a month? Would I have to explain in the LTB that the NOB I received or does the verbage that I explained above is sufficient enough to the board to make sense of the situation of that NOB I received?

Does the Group summary average of 4.04 hurt me when I received a 4.00 as a individual trait average?

Guest HooYahDeepSea
On 4/16/2017 at 5:03 AM, Tony said:

I think this is the one you mentioned... 

FY-18 ACTIVE-DUTY NAVY AND NAVY RESERVE SENIOR ENLISTED ADVANCEMENT SELECTION BOARD PRECEPT

Remember you can link to anything from the NPC website if you want. :)

Tony, it was not that one.

NPC removed the convening order/membership tab since the board was compromised.

It had extra precept discreet requirements In there. 

4 hours ago, HooYahDeepSea said:

Tony, it was not that one.

NPC removed the convening order/membership tab since the board was compromised.

It had extra precept discreet requirements In there. 

Okie doke, can you link to the one you were talking about?

Guest TRON828

May 1st getting closer.. waiting on my MOVSM.. getting it at quarters this week..Then sending my enclosures ..all 10 of them this Saturday.. hoping 4th time the charm :D

It's been a pain trying to get my MSVSM through. Because the instruction is so vague.... how easy was it at your command?

Guest navyordie123
12 hours ago, WJ77 said:

It's been a pain trying to get my MSVSM through. Because the instruction is so vague.... how easy was it at your command?

it isn't easy at all. your right the instruction is so vague and they leave it up to the CO to make the call. I have had a time routing mine but it is finally on its way up the COC. hopefully itll make it through quick so I can have it back before the May 31st deadline.

Guest navyordie123

I was looking at what date the quotas got released for Chief last year and it was signed on 12May. does anyone else think that they will get released around the same time this year?

1 hour ago, navyordie123 said:

I was looking at what date the quotas got released for Chief last year and it was signed on 12May. does anyone else think that they will get released around the same time this year?

I'm thinking the 18th or the 19th 

Board convenes on the 22nd. 

Guest Mestizo68
On 4/25/2017 at 10:41 PM, @T1 Mo said:

May 1st getting closer.. waiting on my MOVSM.. getting it at quarters this week..Then sending my enclosures ..all 10 of them this Saturday.. hoping 4th time the charm :D

10 is quite a bit. What are you sending?

Guest navyordie123
23 hours ago, LSHARP said:

I'm thinking the 18th or the 19th 

Board convenes on the 22nd. 

after they come out, it always seems like if you know what kind of chance that you are going to have when it comes to getting selected. Good luck to all and here is hoping that all the quotas are good this year.

Guest SUBLANT
On 4/27/2017 at 7:04 AM, navyordie123 said:

That's when it was signed but that list wasn't posted until 20 JUN, which is around the time the board convenes this year. I do hope everyone's number goes up this year!!

Guest Riverine Rat

Back again this year hoping we all make it. Every Chief, Senior Chief, and Master Cheif that has reviewed my record with me has said once again this should be my year. Hoping for the best. Can anyone remind me where we can go to check that the board has received our package. I sent mine yesterday so now I am just waiting!!!

Guest Riverine Rat
1 hour ago, SWSeabee said:

You can check via NPC's site or via an email to NPC (email on that webpage).

Thanks I couldn't remember where the site was after a long week at work my brain is fried.