FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest PSjg78
On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:10 PM, BOATSNUGGYD said:

Hope everyone is enjoying their last free weekend

Nothing as of this morning on the release figured by this time they would have established a timeline for us FTS/Reserve folks.... geez.. I was calm and cool and collected now Im impatient and anxious.  They have to know that this is sit and wait is not "mentally" good for anyone the pressure alone is insane.. knowing they know who are the new selects and holding on to them for whatever the reason may be is nuts... ok ok vent over ... back to trying to clear my mind.. I hate "unknowns"  .... yeah all the unknowns of Phase 2 (if blessed to be selected) are gonna drive me nuts hahahha

Guest PSjg78
19 minutes ago, osiris0107 said:

Good luck FTS brothers and sisters! Hopefully we see a lot of "S"'s this go around.

Hopefully this week.... we shall see

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)
4 hours ago, SeaBeeDoc said:

Just throwing out a question? I am already working on my eval, and I thought I had a great closing bullet but I was told by one of my Chiefs that it was a promotable bullet. Any suggestions on a great EP bullet?

PM me your email address.

I have award doc that we have been passing around for a few years that has all kinds of eval bullet points and award inputs. 

I would be happy to share it with you, that is what it was created for!

Guest SeaBeeDoc

Well gonna call it a day and pray when I come in the morning BOL will be down, then I will know to start expecting a meeting/ phone call with one of the Master Chiefs.

Guest PSjg78
49 minutes ago, SeaBeeDoc said:

Well gonna call it a day and pray when I come in the morning BOL will be down, then I will know to start expecting a meeting/ phone call with one of the Master Chiefs.

yuppers... I might be a little cray cray and start checking BOL tonight just cause hahah.... guess I will have my glass of wine this evening :-)

Guest Chief Guns
13 hours ago, SeaBeeDoc said:

Just throwing out a question? I am already working on my eval, and I thought I had a great closing bullet but I was told by one of my Chiefs that it was a promotable bullet. Any suggestions on a great EP bullet?

Here is one i used for one of my FCPO's who picked up Chief last year. PM me your closing bullet.

Petty Officer Sailor is a Chief without the Anchor! Make it official! Put this Sailor in khaki's and send him/her to sea as a LCPO immediately! 

Now that everyone is stressed out, here is a reminder to invite a friend to join this forum.

You can share, with links located below or you can send an email. The more the merrier!

:big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoti

On 7/7/2017 at 6:21 PM, navyordie123 said:

I can't imagine how hard that it must be having to work a regular job and do the NAVY job as well. I wouldn't want to have to deal with that but on the plus side you have a job were you can take your mind off of the results as hard as it may be to do so. When AD Navy goes to work it seems like we are reminded of the results all the time cause someone is always bringing it up. Hope that the results come out soon for y'all. I know y'all have been waiting for way to long as it is.

Let me do my best to explain. A lot of us where I work (three letter groups), spend our days running around like crazy because we work for the government. Then, we roll into drill weekend doing LITERALLY the same thing because for some reason, no one can figure out functional management or mission planning.

I have several things I have to do for work which may take me away from the season, while still facing the pressure of participating in the season as much as possible. If I can get ADT orders to put me on active duty for six weeks. This part is possible, but I need to give my work advance notice... we are creeping further and further away from "advance notice." Along with this, active duty has the advantage of finding out and then rolling right into training. Reservists have a different beast to navigate.

And with 'taking your mind off things'-- its not always possible. A lot of us still end up doing navy stuff during the week because there isn't enough time on a drill weekend to meet all of the requirements. There is a disconnect between AD and Reservists; we are accountable for everything active duty has to do (workcenter quals, annual training, warfare quals, collaterals, etc.,) we just have a much shorter time to do it.

I love the reserves because it was a better temporary solution for my work/life balance. But d*** if I don't spend a large portion of time pitching in for the sake of the command.

Guest PSjg78
1 hour ago, sailormoon said:

Let me do my best to explain. A lot of us where I work (three letter groups), spend our days running around like crazy because we work for the government. Then, we roll into drill weekend doing LITERALLY the same thing because for some reason, no one can figure out functional management or mission planning.

I have several things I have to do for work which may take me away from the season, while still facing the pressure of participating in the season as much as possible. If I can get ADT orders to put me on active duty for six weeks. This part is possible, but I need to give my work advance notice... we are creeping further and further away from "advance notice." Along with this, active duty has the advantage of finding out and then rolling right into training. Reservists have a different beast to navigate.

And with 'taking your mind off things'-- its not always possible. A lot of us still end up doing navy stuff during the week because there isn't enough time on a drill weekend to meet all of the requirements. There is a disconnect between AD and Reservists; we are accountable for everything active duty has to do (workcenter quals, annual training, warfare quals, collaterals, etc.,) we just have a much shorter time to do it.

I love the reserves because it was a better temporary solution for my work/life balance. But d*** if I don't spend a large portion of time pitching in for the sake of the command.

Very well explained ! Being FTS I've seen and heard it all ... the Reserve force is like double the active duty work. I've had to put reservists on ships to fill gap billets and they shine like no other because they are used to balancing it out more then us having to just worry about one job.. I have much respect for my reservists ..

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)
2 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

I have much respect for my reservists ..

Thank you!

We rarely if EVER hear this!

Guest PSjg78
13 minutes ago, OS1(SW/EXW) said:

Thank you!

We rarely if EVER hear this!

Very welcome... well heck technically being FTS I am a reservist too :-) I feel you though.. keep doing what you do..

30 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

Very well explained ! Being FTS I've seen and heard it all ... the Reserve force is like double the active duty work. I've had to put reservists on ships to fill gap billets and they shine like no other because they are used to balancing it out more then us having to just worry about one job.. I have much respect for my reservists ..

Thanks! OS1 is right-- we usually never get thanked. If fact, we usually get accused of stealing all their food from the fridge and other stuff like that. Why they always gotta focus on the negative? lol

Guest Mestizo68
28 minutes ago, SansMor81 said:

The 10am talk is the CST when results are released on advancement announcements and believe when the Triad gets notified the day before. Usually its around 11am EST so if anything comes out today will be around this timeframes mentioned. 

It's 1125 EST here. Guess nothing today. 

Guest PSjg78
29 minutes ago, SansMor81 said:

The 10am talk is the CST when results are released on advancement announcements and believe when the Triad gets notified the day before. Usually its around 11am EST so if anything comes out today will be around this timeframes mentioned. 

and the suspense continues hahha.. its probably gonna be next week.. if we don't hear anything this afternoon that's a good bet it wont be this week.

Guest Mestizo68

Wouldn't it make sense that whenever advancement results come out, they usually advertise it through All hands, Navy.mil, Facebook, etc? It seems how they always did it so at least everyone is aware when it will happen. 

Guest PSjg78
4 minutes ago, sailormoon said:

I just got a missed phone call from my command at 12:05. I have called back seven times and its been busy every time.

don't think its anything (result related) .. its quiet on the lines over here ..

2 hours ago, papasmurf said:

Thanks for the comments on reservist... we don't really ever get much respect from our AD breatheran and yeah seriously why focus on the negative... like yeah I know that food had your name on it but hey we are all friends right! Lol

One team one fight last I heard.