FY-18 Medical Service Corps In-Service Procurement Program (MSC IPP) Discussion

Guest NavySailorHCAHopeful
On 12/14/2016 at 3:48 PM, ruby416 said:

I was prior LS got picked up last year but for the direct commission program

Ruby416,

I applied for the direct commission program this year. When did the results come out last year? TIA!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tony

Guest 313Butterfly

Hey everyone. It's been quiet here I'm sure you all are just waiting patiently for results. I wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year and hope that at least one, if not all of us will be selected this year!  If not though, the fight continues. 

Wishing you all much success and great accomplishments in the new year. 

Guest BlueDiamondSailor8425
On 12/31/2016 at 6:49 PM, 313Butterfly said:

Hey everyone. It's been quiet here I'm sure you all are just waiting patiently for results. I wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year and hope that at least one, if not all of us will be selected this year!  If not though, the fight continues. 

Wishing you all much success and great accomplishments in the new year. 

Happy New Years to you as well! What program are you applying for?

Guest FourUnderPar

Nerves are tough.  Really was hoping to see a list this week.  I am an HCA first time applicant.  Good luck to all who are awaiting life changing information from the commissioning board.  Anyone know how many people typically submit applications for HCA annually?

Guest 313DSums

This was my first year applying. MSC-IPP HCA.  I already have an MBA and my GRE was ok. I am wondering when these results are coming out. What makes someone competitive, do most of you have Masters or GRE over 300. One of the HCAs I work with said she was selected with a GRE of 284.

Guest FourUnderPar

I earned my Bachelors while serving on active duty and scored a 309 on the GRE.  I was accepted into Army-Baylor for the joint MHA/MBA program.  So now I'm just praying that the Navy side of things pans out for me.  This is the most directed goal of my life thus far and I've been working on it for the past three years so I just hope that if I'm not selected I can learn from others how to improve my application.

Guest BlueDiamondSailor8425
On 1/6/2017 at 6:51 PM, FourUnderPar said:

Nerves are tough.  Really was hoping to see a list this week.  I am an HCA first time applicant.  Good luck to all who are awaiting life changing information from the commissioning board.  Anyone know how many people typically submit applications for HCA annually?

Good luck! I'm thinking either this Wednesday or next. I'm right there with you, I have worked on my PA package for six years.

Guest FourUnderPar

Chief of Naval Personnel is in San Diego this week to speak to Sailors, so I don't expect to see results this week as he is the bottom line on these type of NAVADMINs.

Guest fifthofjac

Good afternoon from Virginia,

I'm late to the MSCIPP forum but have been reading through all the previous responses.  Good luck everyone, I too am refreshing the NPC messages page for the results to come out.  Hope they're soon because I am transferring commands... I can't hold PCS orders for a UIC that will no longer exist next month and it would be nice to tell the GW of the commission results. 

I'm applying for HCA as well... if all goes to plan I may see you all at ODS!

V/R,

MMN1

Guest DOCSMITH

Good afternoon all!

I think this is my 4th year applying for HCA. I love this forum and basically stalk it non stop after the new year. Results were out on the 7th last year I think so we should be close. My second application, results didn't post until 14FEB, almost broke the refresh button :-) In the past someone has posted the results to this forum a little ahead of the message hitting the npc website. Good luck to everyone!

V/R

HMC

Guest 313DSums
On 1/8/2017 at 10:18 AM, FourUnderPar said:

I earned my Bachelors while serving on active duty and scored a 309 on the GRE.  I was accepted into Army-Baylor for the joint MHA/MBA program.  So now I'm just praying that the Navy side of things pans out for me.  This is the most directed goal of my life thus far and I've been working on it for the past three years so I just hope that if I'm not selected I can learn from others how to improve my application.

I too am active duty. I earned a 302 GRE  and my MBA from the University of Texas which is why I didn't apply to Baylor. Maybe I should have, the acceptance letter would have probably helped my package not that I know whether or not I made it.

A buddy of mine is an HM too, he scored a 309 GRE and was given a full scholarship to John Hopkins to complete his master's. Needless to say he is getting out this summer. 

I just want to know!!!! My mentors keep telling me don't worry about study for HM1. I much rather be an LTJG but I guess if i don't make it should cram until the exam.

Guest 313DSums
On 1/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, DOCSMITH said:

Good afternoon all!

I think this is my 4th year applying for HCA. I love this forum and basically stalk it non stop after the new year. Results were out on the 7th last year I think so we should be close. My second application, results didn't post until 14FEB, almost broke the refresh button :-) In the past someone has posted the results to this forum a little ahead of the message hitting the npc website. Good luck to everyone!

V/R

HMC

HMC,

4 times definitely shows your dedication. Have you ever applied to a direct commission? Can you....idk what restrictions there maybe or how much time you have in.

Would any of you guys consider another branch if they were willing to commission you vs staying enlisted Navy?

Guest fifthofjac

Good Morning,

Reading through the forum entitled 'FY-18 HCA Direct Commission' makes it seem as though the recruiters are giving the direct commission group their results.  Hopefully this means the MSCIPP results are soon to follow!

This was the first year the Nuke community let me apply, hopefully if the results aren't favorable they'll let me apply next year!

V/R,

MMN1

Guest fifthofjac
9 hours ago, 313DSums said:

HMC,

4 times definitely shows your dedication. Have you ever applied to a direct commission? Can you....idk what restrictions there maybe or how much time you have in.

Would any of you guys consider another branch if they were willing to commission you vs staying enlisted Navy?

You've asked about considering other branches...

Of course the Navy is the ideal branch to commission in... I've been Navy for seven years and understand the working culture, ranks, etc.  However, if I have exhausted all options on this current enlistment contract, I have considered other options. Gaining a conditional release from field duty in my community is tough and not guaranteed.  I'm still surprised I got one this year.  Soo.....

If my efforts come up short for MSCIPP or later this year a direct route, I have considered:

-Getting out, seeing what options the US Public Health Service has on offer at the time (Uniformed service, same Navy uniforms, etc) (https://usphs.gov)

-Getting out, working for a government contractor like Booz Allen, BAE Systems, Etc -AND- applying for a reserve contract to include the Army's Medical Service Corps Reserves (work in DC area, drill at WRNMMC, etc) http://www.goarmy.com/reserve/jobs/browse/medical-and-emergency/medical-service-corps-officer.html -OR- trying with the Navy Reserves https://www.navy.com/careers/healthcare/healthcare-administration.html#ft-specialties-subspecialties -OR- chair force: https://www.afreserve.com/health-services-administrator

People in my community have been trying to push me to do SWO/EDO or LDO but MSC and improving healthcare has been my jam since I was a civilian in Occupational Health and Safety.

Good luck again to all!

MMN1 

Guest 313DSums
2 hours ago, fifthofjac said:

You've asked about considering other branches...

Of course the Navy is the ideal branch to commission in... I've been Navy for seven years and understand the working culture, ranks, etc.  However, if I have exhausted all options on this current enlistment contract, I have considered other options. Gaining a conditional release from field duty in my community is tough and not guaranteed.  I'm still surprised I got one this year.  Soo.....

If my efforts come up short for MSCIPP or later this year a direct route, I have considered:

-Getting out, seeing what options the US Public Health Service has on offer at the time (Uniformed service, same Navy uniforms, etc) (https://usphs.gov)

-Getting out, working for a government contractor like Booz Allen, BAE Systems, Etc -AND- applying for a reserve contract to include the Army's Medical Service Corps Reserves (work in DC area, drill at WRNMMC, etc) http://www.goarmy.com/reserve/jobs/browse/medical-and-emergency/medical-service-corps-officer.html -OR- trying with the Navy Reserves https://www.navy.com/careers/healthcare/healthcare-administration.html#ft-specialties-subspecialties -OR- chair force: https://www.afreserve.com/health-services-administrator

People in my community have been trying to push me to do SWO/EDO or LDO but MSC and improving healthcare has been my jam since I was a civilian in Occupational Health and Safety.

Good luck again to all!

MMN1 

I met a former Chief who is now an O-3E. 

When we were talking in the hall he had asked me had I considered a commissioning program. He is a lawyer now. He told me how he tried 2x to have the Navy put him through law school. When he was unsuccessful he turned to the Army with the exact same package and was sent to law school. 

It was cool that he flipped his collar and had an black anchor (he was in ACU's) sewed underneath is bars.

There are 7 uniformed services. I wouldn't recommend getting out completely. Especially if you already have close to 8 years in. It's reasonable to assume that by the time your contracts up you will be at or close to 10 years. Which means your half to the retirement. The Public Health Service doesn't take prior service with more than 8 years.  Though, I had a Public Health CAPT tell me that if you tell them your willing to do more than 20 they can make an exception. They just don't want you to get in they pay for education and then 7 years later you bounce.

So I was just posing the question wondering would anyone consider another branch. I love being a Sailor! Furthermore the Navy afforded me my education and I am grateful for it. Just wondering if anyone has considered that Air Force, Army, Coast guard, Public Health also have EVA's. I wouldn't want to give up my pension having a wife and kids so I will likely stay in uninformed service.

Guest Reigns66

Hello Everyone,

This year I have tried not to comment on this forum but I feel now is the time. All of us are patiently waiting for results to post and I wish you all the best. This is also my 3rd time applying. I have often wondered if anyone else constantly tries to earn more qualifications from year to year to try to earn the board's approval. If you do, trust me I know the feeling. Having completed both the MHA and MBA from different schools, with the MBA being accredited by AACSB, I feel like my chances this year might be better. However, just to be safe, I still applied and received a letter from USUHS. To be honest, I am just glad they released the quotas and board member names. That being said, does anyone happen to know any of the board members???

Guest fifthofjac
5 hours ago, 313DSums said:

I met a former Chief who is now an O-3E. 

When we were talking in the hall he had asked me had I considered a commissioning program. He is a lawyer now. He told me how he tried 2x to have the Navy put him through law school. When he was unsuccessful he turned to the Army with the exact same package and was sent to law school. 

It was cool that he flipped his collar and had an black anchor (he was in ACU's) sewed underneath is bars.

There are 7 uniformed services. I wouldn't recommend getting out completely. Especially if you already have close to 8 years in. It's reasonable to assume that by the time your contracts up you will be at or close to 10 years. Which means your half to the retirement. The Public Health Service doesn't take prior service with more than 8 years.  Though, I had a Public Health CAPT tell me that if you tell them your willing to do more than 20 they can make an exception. They just don't want you to get in they pay for education and then 7 years later you bounce.

So I was just posing the question wondering would anyone consider another branch. I love being a Sailor! Furthermore the Navy afforded me my education and I am grateful for it. Just wondering if anyone has considered that Air Force, Army, Coast guard, Public Health also have EVA's. I wouldn't want to give up my pension having a wife and kids so I will likely stay in uninformed service.

You asked a question, I answered.  I've done the requisite research for my career path so please don't make assumptions.   For me to reach my goal I may have to have a break in service because N133 often prohibits nuclear rates to apply for programs unless they're close to the end of their enlistment (conditional release bullet on the package FAQs).  If I have to have a break in service (pending a non select this year), it would behoove me to consider all service options. 

Nonetheless, I hope this is moot as results should be out soon!

Guest DOCSMITH
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:39 PM, 313DSums said:

HMC,

Made it through the long weekend without checking traffic or message boards! I have not looked at direct commission, but it may be time to start now that I am at the 10 year mark. I would not go into a different branch at this point in my career.

V/R

HMC

Guest 31RatRod

The past two years, the NAVADMIN was released on the 7th and 20th of January.  In 2014, it was released in February.  In 2013, it released in April! :( The common denominator between 2013 and 2017 is that it is a post election year (I don't know how much this affects the release of the message).  I too am waiting with great anticipation of this message.  Any underground information would be greatly appreciated. :) 

Guest Supa_Smooth
5 hours ago, 31RatRod said:

The past two years, the NAVADMIN was released on the 7th and 20th of January.  In 2014, it was released in February.  In 2013, it released in April! :( The common denominator between 2013 and 2017 is that it is a post election year (I don't know how much this affects the release of the message).  I too am waiting with great anticipation of this message.  Any underground information would be greatly appreciated. :) 

In 2013 the April NAVADMIN was just the regular announcement of the program for that year, not the results.  The results for the 2013 program were released in Feb 2014.

Guest Supa_Smooth

Below are the release dates of each NAVADMIN announcing results as far back as the NPC website maintains NAVADMIN's :

Release Date - Link to NAVADMIN

TBD     2017 - NAVADMIN ???/17

07 Jan 2016 - NAVADMIN 009/16

20 Jan 2015 - NAVADMIN 012/15

19 Feb 2014 - NAVADMIN 030/14

2013 - *No results were released in 2013.  2013 program results were released in 2014 and 2012 program results were released in 2012.*

29 Nov 2012 - NAVADMIN 357/12

05 Dec 2011 - NAVADMIN 367/11

29 Dec 2010 - NAVADMIN 421/10

20 Nov 2009 - NAVADMIN 333/09

12 Nov 2008 - NAVADMIN 322/08

30 Nov 2007 - NAVADMIN 321/07

20 Nov 2006 - NAVADMIN 323/06

09 Nov 2005 - NAVADMIN 287/05

17 Nov 2004 - NAVADMIN 262/04 *Removed from NPC Website due to having last 4 of SSN in message.

30 Oct 2003 - NAVADMIN 285/03

01 Nov 2002 - NAVADMIN 371/02

31 Oct 2001 - NAVADMIN 292/01

20 Nov 2000 - NAVADMIN 299/00

Hope this is useful or at least save people the trouble of sifting through the NAVADMINs.

Guest 31RatRod
5 hours ago, Supa_Smooth said:

In 2013 the April NAVADMIN was just the regular announcement of the program for that year, not the results.  The results for the 2013 program were released in Feb 2014.

Good catch! In 2013 the results have been released a few months later than before.  I guess that has something to do with when the board is actually held.  This is my second year submitting and I am REALLY hoping to get selected.  I have a much better feeling about this year vs. the last year.  Is there anyway to find out approximately when the results will be released?  I am sure I am not the only one with anxiety and sleepless nights. :)