FY-15 LDO/CWO SELECTION BOARD

They do not post the alternates list.  If a selected Sailor turns it down or is not fully qualified when they are supposed to commission NPC can call an alternate up to replace that Sailor.

Thanks, for some reason I thought they did. 

Guest NvyG8tr

Remember NvyG8tr, as with the MSC group, there is legitimate networking here with members willing to help  BBb)

Tony, Yes you are right about that I have been around a long time and have found that out... Unfortuently because of the changes to the CWO program this was my last opportunity because of time in service... I still have hopes to earn that Star later this year and I will continue to visit this site, network with others and help strengthen the future of OUR NAVY... I thought I saw redtab's on the list, was I right?

Tony, Yes you are right about that I have been around a long time and have found that out... Unfortuently because of the changes to the CWO program this was my last opportunity because of time in service... I still have hopes to earn that Star later this year and I will continue to visit this site, network with others and help strengthen the future of OUR NAVY... I thought I saw redtab's on the list, was I right?

well I like your positive outlook on that. yes redtab got it...  BBb)

Guest NvyG8tr

I made it....

Congrats Brother! You earned it... All that hard work paid off and I can only image what you are feeling right now... Now go out there and Do great things!!

Guest CursedSwabbie

Like I said before this was my first time, but I have mixed feelings about it.......since they made only 12 instead of the 13 quota a part of me feels that they just told me that I as well as the other candidates were not good enough. IS there a way to find out why or am I just suppose to guess what went wrong?

Like I said before this was my first time, but I have mixed feelings about it.......since they made only 12 instead of the 13 quota a part of me feels that they just told me that I as well as the other candidates were not good enough. IS there a way to find out why or am I just suppose to guess what went wrong?

There could be a candidate on hold. If not, no, you will not know why. I recommend reaching out to Senior members in the community and prepare for next year.

Does anyone think time in service for CWO could be a factor?

Statistics have shown most CWO applicants select 18-22 years TIS and 12-14 for LDOs. Folks still select below these time frame. Timing is everything with this board. One of my buddies whom I thought would select didn't. I always told him that if he didn't make it, I have no reason to feel bad if I don't.

Guest Big Deck Amphib Steamer

I dont know.  I'm at 15 and just missed the cut off for LDO and this was my first time applying for warrant if that helps.  I noticed only 23 for 6130 and 26 for 7130. 

Guest CursedSwabbie

There could be a candidate on hold. If not, no, you will not know why. I recommend reaching out to Senior members in the community and prepare for next year.

thank you for the advice!!

Guest Blade2950

Statistics have shown most CWO applicants select 18-22 years TIS and 12-14 for LDOs. Folks still select below these time frame. Timing is everything with this board. One of my buddies whom I thought would select didn't. I always told him that if he didn't make it, I have no reason to feel bad if I don't.

Okay, I'm a little disappointed in today's results, but the only thing i can think of my non selection is that i have 15 years of service, so I believe that is why they didn't select me for CWO

i think i is all about what you have done and are doing made 7130 this time with 12 almost 13 years in

Guest Blade2950

i think i is all about what you have done and are doing made 7130 this time with 12 almost 13 years in

Congrats on your selection.  I'm going back to the drawing board to see what i can do to make myself better

No dice for me this year.  Congrats to all those who were selected.  The GSCS I was talking about was selected to CWO with 13 years in.  So there are 3 outliers that might be me, no one has called to talk to me yet so I don't think there is an H on my name though.

well I hope you stick around...  BBb)

No clue, I only know two on the list and they have it.  Both made CWO2.  Time to refine package for next go r

I have a couple of them and made CWO2 so thats 3

Here's a question, how will I know if I was selected but on hold?  BOL advancement tab is gone right?

Good question. I looke for the tab and it is still gone, its been gone awhile.

Good question. I looke for the tab and it is still gone, its been gone awhile.

i thought i saw a message someplace about the security enhancements or something like that. i'm getting old cuz' i read it because of my server issues but cant remember...  :o

Congrats on your selection.  I'm going back to the drawing board to see what i can do to make myself better

If you ever have questions I can be reached at taylorma@ddg88.navy.mil