FY-15 LDO/CWO SELECTION BOARD

Ok, nevermind.  I thought I knew who it was.  On your appraisals did they use words like "Ready for Personnel Officer on CVN RIGHT NOW!" "PRESS 100" or "Future Captain"  Did they use "Buzz" words?  Things that tell the board, that you are the real deal?

Not those exact words per se but they all said I am ready to said I am today. I love the write up of all my appraisals and my CO recommendation. Those are the least of my worries. Even CAPT Jones, who used to be the community manager reviewed my last FY 14 complete package, including all my evals and thinks I got a shot. He urged me to keep applying and I will get it? My lack of sea time didn't even concerned him that much. He just advised me to tweak my personal statement a little. He is a guy who will immediately let you know if he think you do not have what it takes to be a Mustang.

Guest Navy_Seabee

Back at it again from last year. This is a great forum to follow and communicate amongst one another. On the good side, if you hang in here, you just may encounter some good news a little early!!!!

Guest Navy_Seabee

Hello everyone, I'm back finally!!! (still on deployment though)   this is my last year applying, good luck to everyone!    and for the record I'm thinking the results will post March 6th (+/- 1 day)

Thursday sounds reasonable!!! That is the day I PCS from Hawaii to Port Hueneme, i would like to see some of the candidates that I helped out this is year.

644x.  I guess it's entirely possible that there are 50, or even more applicants.  From asking associates stationed around the world (Enlisted and LDO) I have total of 20 names in the hat this year.  I suppose doubling that is a safe bet, but IW is small enough that is usually easy to figure out who is doing what, if you want to. 

That's the one my husband is applying for. I didn't realize it was such a small community. Good luck to you!!

Guest gmarquay

742X Applicant.  Third time up.  Last time up, due to TIS.  Really hope this is my year.  Great interviews (2 x CWO5, 1 x CDR LDO).  Great CO's Write up.  Lots of solid advice from senior CWOs.  Diverse duty stations that had me serving in each of the areas that the precept mentions. 

I'm worried that my non-technical degrees (BA History, MA Educaional Leadership) might be a drawback in lieu of an IT degree.  However, I wanted to set myself up for landing my next dream job (HS History Teacher) if I'm not fortunate enough to get the "S" this year.

I'm usually not too overcome with anticipation this time of year.  Of course, with this being my final year of elligibility, I'm deffinitely anxious this time around.  One of my good friends was selected last year, so I'm praying I can follow in his footsteps this year!

Good luck, everyone!

Only 50 applicants!  Wow, thats pretty good.  641X averages between 100-200.  I hope this is your year. 

I always thought 641 averages like maybe 300-400 applicants. 100-200 is not too bad if that's the case.

742X Applicant.  Third time up.  Last time up, due to TIS.  Really hope this is my year.  Great interviews (2 x CWO5, 1 x CDR LDO).  Great CO's Write up.  Lots of solid advice from senior CWOs.  Diverse duty stations that had me serving in each of the areas that the precept mentions. 

I'm worried that my non-technical degrees (BA History, MA Educaional Leadership) might be a drawback in lieu of an IT degree.  However, I wanted to set myself up for landing my next dream job (HS History Teacher) if I'm not fortunate enough to get the "S" this year.

I'm usually not too overcome with anticipation this time of year.  Of course, with this being my final year of elligibility, I'm deffinitely anxious this time around.  One of my good friends was selected last year, so I'm praying I can follow in his footsteps this year!

Good luck, everyone!

The unique nature of this board is that you have too many super stars. I know it must be tough for these guys to make their selection. They probable feel bad for great candidates that did not get selected even though their records have all the check marks. That is why they always encourage folks to keep applying. Timimg is huge in this board.

Guest gmarquay

From what I have heard and seen, what your degrees are in will NOT matter.  Just the fact that have you have a Masters degree gets you a TON of points.  The points only matter for getting in the tank, but other than evals, a Masters degree carries a lot of weight.  Were you ranked with other applicants at your command?  Did you get all 10s with great write ups?

I received excellent write ups, and was #1 of 6 candidates for CWO. 

As Dogg so aptly put it- There are too many super stars.  I saw that in last year's list.  I knew a few of the selectees, and they were outstanding Chiefs who will become outstanding CWOs. 

Again, hopefully this time I'll get the "S".  If not, it will be career change time for this Sailor.  Either way, its been one great experience!

Don't they do background checks at every selection board like the chief's. If so why would this one take longer?

I believe the releasing of the results depends on the CNP's schedule.  He must be briefed by the board president before he gives a thump up if he is satisfied with all the board's proeedings

What really sucks, is if you don't make it you'll never really know why.  This is the stuff I think about.

I agree, wish there was some feedback on where you fell out and why you missed the mark.

Guest Teeyumcee

Hello all. I am up for 716x for the last time because of TIS. I wish the best luck and blessings to you all. For all the new people to the forum, you have come to the right place for a wealth of knowlege and excitement. If you are not impressed now, just wait until it gets close for results to be announced.

V/R

GMC aka TMC

Thanks for the email explaining what happened to this forum Tony. Cyber attack is our greatest threat these days. I am an old timer in this forum since 2009 and I have seen it all. I am sure we will get most of those old timers back here to hang out and share their experiences. I still miss the LCDR who used to give invaluable information and tips to LDO/CWO applicants.

Thanks for the email explaining what happened to this forum Tony. Cyber attack is our greatest threat these days. I am an old timer in this forum since 2009 and I have seen it all. I am sure we will get most of those old timers back here to hang out and share their experiences. I still miss the LCDR who used to give invaluable information and tips to LDO/CWO applicants.

no problem, oh you remember those days (we also did that roundtable :) ), yeah it takes more resources and time for internet security but hopefully what I have in place is good. So far this morning attempts were made from the U.S., China, Ukraine and Germany but the difference was they were all automatically blocked. Thanks and let the fun continue...  BBb)

Yeah, it should end at the end of the month.  For those of you that  are Reservists, your board is already done.  They do them first.  And if you are a 641X applicant like me, we're last.  FYI.

Maybe we are last because we have the most applicants. Admin folks are more aware of this program than other ratings, so its not surprising the apply more.

Is there a way to find out how many Sailors applied to each program so we can get the percentage of folks making it?

That information is highly classified. You can guess by the number of board members per designator invited. More members for a designator may signify more applications.

Well there are only 2 IW Officers on the membership letter, so I guess that's a good thing in a way.

Possibly. I can't think of any other reason why they will invite only two. Have you compared the membership from the last board?

Even though your appraisals belong to your CO, you are supposed to verify your package before it's mailed out. Some commands seem to treat packages as a top secret material that even the applicant is not permitted to see. I am an Admin type, but I will not trust anyone with my package 100%. A lot of COs are so ignorant with the process especially if the command does not have an LDO coord. Did any of the Mustangs give you any feedback after the interview? If they didn't want you to see their appraisals, they should give you some feedback and guidance at a minimum. You may still be selected with one PFA failure but your briefer must convince the entire panel to vote for you. It may be a tough call, since it's very recent but anything is possible if you have stellar record. I have never been to board as a recorder but my input is from previous board members.

They had us verify our portion of it, the LDO Coordinator collected them and sent them out Mid September.  I got some decent feedback, I just wish they would have had some more Engineers on it or even a Nuke.

It really baffles me why some commands treat packages as top secret material. If COs let you see your eval, what's the different with letting you see their recommendation. After your package is mailed off, the CCCs or Admin do not check to see if there are applicants with discrepancies when the list is put up. There have been cases where the CO did not check a box or did not reference the NAVADMIN on the endorsement. This will lead to a discrepancy and it's the responsibity of the applicant to track and fix it. This happened to one applicant at my command. The endorsement did not reference the NAVADMIN and his name was on the discrepancy list for a while before I caught it and notified him. Two interviewers still forget to check the potential block of mine even though I informed them after my interview. Luckily I was able to see my appraisals and noticed it immediately. Admin will not catch some minor errors like these.