FY17 SELRES CPO Board Thread

Guest WRECKIN_CREW_71

I am seeking some advice on how to best handle a situation that I believe led to not being selected.  Prior to the deadline for submitting a letter to the board, I reviewed my OMPF and verified my evaluation continuity report and found that my latest evaluation had not been submitted.  As part of my letter to the board, I submitted the signed copy of my latest evaluation.  After I received notification, as everyone else, my biggest question was WHY? So I began digging into my records again.  I found that my command had submitted an unsigned evaluation, and on top of that, the scoring was all wrong and did not match the evaluation I had submitted to the board.

My questions to you all are:

1. How do I get this old evaluation removed from my OMPF and get the proper evaluation submitted?
  2. How can I hold my Command/the individual who submitted this evaluation in error responsible?

Any feedback or recommendations are greatly appreciated.  

I am seeking some advice on how to best handle a situation that I believe led to not being selected.  Prior to the deadline for submitting a letter to the board, I reviewed my OMPF and verified my evaluation continuity report and found that my latest evaluation had not been submitted.  As part of my letter to the board, I submitted the signed copy of my latest evaluation.  After I received notification, as everyone else, my biggest question was WHY? So I began digging into my records again.  I found that my command had submitted an unsigned evaluation, and on top of that, the scoring was all wrong and did not match the evaluation I had submitted to the board.

My questions to you all are:

1. How do I get this old evaluation removed from my OMPF and get the proper evaluation submitted?
  2. How can I hold my Command/the individual who submitted this evaluation in error responsible?

Any feedback or recommendations are greatly appreciated.  

When you say unsigned, was it unsigned by you or by the reporting senior?  I don't see how Pers could have let an eval through that wasn't signed by the reporting senior.  The senior rater and rater don't have to be to be signed, and the person being evaluated can have "certified copy provided" in place of a signature.

There are proceedures for appealing evals in the 1610.10D.  I have never seen anyone actually appeal an eval, so I can't speak to the effectiveness.  You can always submit a statement as well.  As far as having two evals for the same period and one isn't a concurent I would call, the Bupers helpdesk.  If the one eval is improperly written and the second one is done right it shouldn't be too hard to get it fixed.