FY16 Chief Selection Board

Career Development Board (CDB) (2015 Poll)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Have CDBs been useful to you while going up for Chief?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not attended one yet

Guest itdominance

Got my eval on Wednesday. Learned that I had won SOY and was getting a NCM from Admiral Selby (got it yesterday with a coin). I was the mp last year but bumped that e6 to an mp and won the ep. Only 2 of us here ranked against each other. Felt bad for the other guy but we have a new CO so a different reporting senior should not hurt  him much. 

Guest itdominance

Eval advice:

Greetings Ladies and Gents. I'm looking for a little eval debrief advice. I have a PO1 who was moved out of a top notch position for patient safety issues. He was officially counseled and moved to a position where he could be directly supervised. He just signed his eval, and he declined in promotion recommendation from a MP last cycle to a P this cycle, and dropped below the summary group average. He is very adamant about submitting a statement, which is his right. My only problem in submitting this statement, is that the statement must be factual information. The only factual information on this incident is the written counseling.  Has anyone else ran into this situation?  Thanks for the advice.

His statement has to contain facts. He can't just say I dropped because. For example dropping someone from  a 4.0 to a 3.0 in block 36 can substantiated if that person was removed from a position of authority, captains mast, or for failing a PFA.  A paper record must be documented on his counseling. If you have that then you are golden. His statement has to be routed through your CO. Your CO will write a statement documenting each decline in the appropriate evaluation block.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Blondie

So how did everyone's evals turn out?  My traits either stayed the same or increased from last year under the same reporting senior and my ITA was well above the SGA... pretty solid overall, but could have been better.

• 2 weeks later...

Long one indeed it is, I'm only 23% complete and I dedicated a good portion of Saturday to it and some of my Sunday.

Has anyone else command started their FCPOs rankings yet? We had a departmental one last week, and the command is next week. My belief is I'm number one for my department and top three for the command. Took on another collateral duty, had a BJOQ under me, and just got Pres of FCPOA. Don't count the FCPOA yet, but completing both PPME and NKO courses, along with obtaining a NEC, and hours of Volunteering. It has been a very busy year. The only other goal is to obtain the MTS pin (not an instructor, but it's one of the only other goal I have) and that will complete my tour.

So im kinda in the same boat my eval was finished when I go selected to FCPOA prez,  So three months of this position in that eval cycle and nothing on this board cycle to show it.   You know of any way to let the board know ?  I did fall out number 4 of 20 and the number 4 of 4 ep's .   good luck 

Thanks I will have to check those out. Already complete the ppme a year ago do you have to renew ever year or are you good as Lon as you have competed it?

if its a renewal I'm gong to go crazy lol 

pretty sure its good once your finished no renewal 

Pretty happy with my eval jumped from my welcome aboard P last year to #4 of 4 EP's out of 20 in the command.  Amazing write up with some good info about the NCM I received from the Commodore of CTF-57 in Bahrain.  This will be #5 so hopefully this is my year.  13 Years in so I'm right there at the average for the AO rating to make AOC.  Well see.   Good luck to all you brothers and sisters out there  the struggle is real !!! lol

• 4 weeks later...

For me I was doing fairly well until I got to the EA-6B stuff.  Had a few questions where I remember going over the information, but my brain didn't want to give me the answer.  If I do manage to make board I'm not holding my breath on my chances of picking it up if it's another 10% year.  Anyone remember the new break down of how much your eval weighs towards your final multiple.  I wanna say it's 60% of your score, but can't remember where I saw that at.

Guest itdominance

For me I was doing fairly well until I got to the EA-6B stuff.  Had a few questions where I remember going over the information, but my brain didn't want to give me the answer.  If I do manage to make board I'm not holding my breath on my chances of picking it up if it's another 10% year.  Anyone remember the new break down of how much your eval weighs towards your final multiple.  I wanna say it's 60% of your score, but can't remember where I saw that at.

its 60 percent or a max of 120 out of 200 points.

Guest KnockoutTrish

Does anyone know for sure how they handle the CPO exams for commands that are on deployments?  I have my own thoughts, but wanted to see what others thought to verify if my thinking is correct or not.

Guest Blondie

I'm right there with ya... we have been at or below 10% every year I have been eligible...