FY-15 Medical Service Corps Program Discussion

I know that the message is not out yet for the FY-15 MSC program, but who has started, or nearly completed their packages? Any word on when we might hear anything relating to the program this year?

Guest Mrunels

Does anyone else know the requirements for the MSC programs? I currently work in Medical Officer Recruiting. The standards for people applying for the MSC program through the other program options are basically the same as the IPP option.  So, if you are really interested in making the switch to MSC you have several opportunities a year through Recruiting Command. The only difference is that the MSC direct or the HSCP program requires a 303 on the GRE and the MSC-IPP only requires a 300. The MCAT is also slightly different with a 500 for the MSC-IPP and the HSCP or direct requires a 525. So, if you are really motivated, you should take a look into your closest Navy Medical Officer Recruiter and get the ball started.  The quotas throughout the year are pretty open during the first few months of the year from October to January. The Navy doesn't advertise that they are looking for Enlisted Sailor’s for these programs but the instruction says you can apply with a DD-form 368 approved. That is the same thing that all Nukes have to get to apply for any Officer Program.  Also the MSC-IP doesn't offer a full-time out of service education option but the HSCP and HPSP options do. That in itself is a great option. I have heard Baylor and USUSH are really a nightmare. I am a current student at Scranton University, it is a hard program and I am paying for the full ride, but it is at my pace. I hope this helps a few people out. If you are like me you probably have a lot of question about this program because it is so cryptic in the requirements and application processes.

Good luck!

Navy Chief

CNRC Program authorizations: http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/Program-Authorizations.htm

MSC:http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/PAs/NEW%20Program%20Authorizations/PA_115_MSC_Active__Reserve_DEC11%20(2).pdf

MSC-IPP: http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/PAs/PA_115B.pdf

HSCP:http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/PAs/NEW%20Program%20Authorizations/pa_132_hscp_11_14_2011_10_21_1.pdf

HPSP:http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/PAs/NEW%20Program%20Authorizations/PA%20130%20HPSP%20JUN%202010.pdf

USUHS: http://www.usuhs.mil/

Army Baylor: http://www.baylor.edu/graduate/mha/index.php?id=70675Does anyone else know the requirements for the MSC programs? I currently work in 

Guest gen605

Good Morning, 

This is my first year getting started with the process of applying for the MSC-IPP program (specifically the EHO route). It is my understanding that as a part of my officer package I need to include an acceptance letter to a University. As I already have a bachelors degree in Biology, I will be applying for a Masters of Public Health this year. However, I am having trouble finding a school that has the accelerated 1 year Masters program that MSC-IPP requires. I would greatly appreciate help in finding this elusive program.

IT2

• 2 weeks later...

I know that the message is not out yet for the FY-15 MSC program, but who has started, or nearly completed their packages? Any word on when we might hear anything relating to the program this year?

The messages are out now, all the dates are moved back compared to last year.

• 2 weeks later...

I completed my package ready to be shipped. I was done two minths ago.

I completed my package ready to be shipped. I was done two minths ago.

Which Option did you apply for? Im applying for PA. Package is done, just waiting to see if my 60 credits are accepted.

Deepsea.  I am also submitting for the PA package. Mine is nearly complete, waiting to get my last interview appraisal sheets. Also waiting for my 60 grades. People still have a day to turn in so going off of last year we still have a little bit of time to wait. Are you still looking for CO recommendations?

Deepsea,  I have my board with MSC officers coming in the next few weeks. I wonder how long it will take to get our review of credits back from Nebraska? Any word from Ms. Kemp?

Package was sent off Captain Signed off and Im ready to see the results. Hopefully this year will be the year for me and all that is applying.

Deepsea,  I have my board with MSC officers coming in the next few weeks. I wonder how long it will take to get our review of credits back from Nebraska? Any word from Ms. Kemp?

I haven't heard anything yet. Not sure how long it takes.

• 2 weeks later...

I am submitting for EHO next FY. This will be my first MSC package. If there are any EHO's or prior MSC selects out there that would be willing to help I would greatly appreciate any words of advice.

Medical guy, do you have any stats on this years applicants? I.E how many people are applying/ quotas?

Mam I have no information on stats or quotas las year 15 was selected previous year 20 I beleive I hope the number goes back to the 20 range this year. I always wonder how many people are applying and never get an answer it would be good to know,but it seems that its never discussed how many apply.

DeepSea, I talked with a guy that answered the phone and they said that the PA grade sheets should be trickling in.  Some have even come in and that they will not delay in sending them to the applicant.  Lets hope soon. 

I have recently finished my package and my board is tomorrow. I am applying to the RHO category; Does anyone know where to find the specific NECs for each officer? I know that medical officers are 2100 and MSC are 2300 in terms of designator, but could not find the officer's equivalent to a NEC. 

Also does any one know where I can find out how long each medical officer can stay in the navy and their respective career path?

Thank you for the help and information,

IS2

DeepSea, I talked with a guy that answered the phone and they said that the PA grade sheets should be trickling in.  Some have even come in and that they will not delay in sending them to the applicant.  Lets hope soon. 

I turned my PA worksheet in on June 1st, was hoping to know by now.

Guest FT Whizzle

Hi, I will be applying this year for Pharmacy.

I hope the process goes somewhat smooth (I am laughing on the inside because I am so far away from that right now.)  They didn't do us any justice this year with the late release of the message, if you couple that with PharmCAS opening up late I am going to be full speed ahead trying to get accepted into Pharmacy School and submitting a Package.  Worst case scenario I get a "free" look at the process. 

Deep sea. Did it come back the way you wanted?

Yes, I was very specific when I picked my classes. I was only slightly nervous about the review. My board is tomorrow with 3 PA's and CO is next week. Then its off in the mail.

Guest Mrunels

jcpoky07c,

What is your GRE score?  I am only curious about how the application process to USUHS went, if you in fact applied already? What school did you earn your undergrad degree from? I am trying to get a full perspective of what that University is accepting from the MSC-IPP program. I reviewed the University web page and it states that the majority of applicants are in the 310-324 range on the GRE. I looked into the MSC-IPP program for HCA and it asks applicants to seek a conditional letter of acceptance to USUHS or Baylor. I have never looked at Baylor's program but I am sure it also has a very high quality threshold.

CPO Mike