FY15 Reserve Chief Selection Board

Guest Mustang6235

Results cant be released until the board concludes. And once we know it concludes, we have an idea of when to start looking for results.

Well, given we don't have a compressed season like last year, is the Board conclusion really that important? I mean, the selects still ain't putting it on til September, right?

This year will be a long wait for FTS/SELRES CPO hopefulls. They will have to wait for like a month and a half before their AD folks join them. The reverse was true last year. Pinning ceremony will likely be Sep 12 for most commands. On my base we have scheduled it for Sep 20th.

Guest FTS(PS)

This year will be a long wait for FTS/SELRES CPO hopefulls. They will have to wait for like a month and a half before their AD folks join them. The reverse was true last year. Pinning ceremony will likely be Sep 12 for most commands. On my base we have scheduled it for Sep 20th.

I won't mind the wait at that point......Its the wait to find out whether or not I will be waiting at that point thats killing me...lol

Guest PSjg78

Exactly. Its not the pinning that has me on pins and needles. Its the word on whether or not I made it.

The wait is the worst part...... It literally is driving me crazy..... Just like my Senior told me, You have done all you can, the rest is out of your control, so relax .  My response:  easier said then done lol.... 

Guest PSjg78

Checked in NROWS set of orders for one of the master chief's on the board ends tomorrow.

Thank you that works!!! I didnt even think of checking NROWS lol.... Countdown begins!!!!

Guest FTS(PS)

Thank you that works!!! I didnt even think of checking NROWS lol.... Countdown begins!!!!

I dont think that end date is a valid indicator of when the board is going to adjourn seeing as that there is no way for the orderwriters to know how long the board will take.  Those dates can be extended as shortened as needed.  The true indicator is that actual return of the member....but for the purposes of my sanity....I hope that this is one of those instances that Im proven wrong.

Guest PSjg78

I dont think that end date is a valid indicator of when the board is going to adjourn seeing as that there is no way for the orderwriters to know how long the board will take.  Those dates can be extended as shortened as needed.  The true indicator is that actual return of the member....but for the purposes of my sanity....I hope that this is one of those instances that Im proven wrong.

I checked a couple of names in NROWS and there are 3 sets with end dates of today, sooooooo crossing fingers this is it.... Now we need someone to post next week that they in fact have returned to trust and verify :)  :)  :) !!!!!  Good luck to us all!!!! Look forward to seeing some "S" behind our names in BOL....

Guest Mustang6235

Im going to say our fates have been sealed.  I guess now we wait for the call from the command before it shows up anywhere else.

Guest amcreed

The active duty pinning is going to be on Sept 16th as per MCPON's guidance that he sent out to the Chief's Mess.  I imagine that most FTS/SELRES will be pinning the same day.  Would that be a correct assumption?

Guest asdfate

Are you sure you have the date right? 9/16 is a Tuesday. 9/12, Friday, makes more sense.

AD usually pins on the 16th or right afterwards, if its a Sunday or something.  RC usually pins the first Saturday after the 15th.  I believe the TIR date is 16SEP (first day of the AD pay period), and thats why they pin then.

Guest PSjg78

AD usually pins on the 16th or right afterwards, if its a Sunday or something.  RC usually pins the first Saturday after the 15th.  I believe the TIR date is 16SEP (first day of the AD pay period), and thats why they pin then.

Again Im really not to concerned with the pinning right now its just praying our names are on the list :)  :)

Guest asdfate

Again Im really not to concerned with the pinning right now its just praying our names are on the list :)  :)

The quota for my rate is 17, out of 25 eligible, for a 68% chance.  Of course, they can return quotas if they want, but I figure if I don't make it on this cycle, then I sure don't deserve it! Although I think my package looks pretty good, and there aren't any derogatory hits on it, I feel pretty confident this time.  I'm even being cocky around my Chiefs in order to tempt fate (and make induction more fun!).

Guest amcreed

Are you sure you have the date right? 9/16 is a Tuesday. 9/12, Friday, makes more sense.

I'm positive on that date.  You have to special request to get it changed with the fleet or force MC.

I'm positive on that date.  You have to special request to get it changed with the fleet or force MC.

You are correct with the pinning date of 16 SEP 14. For those in question please reference the CPO 365 Guidance for 2013-2014 page 4 paragraph 2 and you will find the date.

• Like 1

Guest PSjg78

Definitely a much better percentage then I have !!! I'm sure your name is on that list !!!! We have about. 10% chance this time around but I'm pretty confident this is it for me !!!!

Guest FTS(PS)

Definitely a much better percentage then I have !!! I'm sure your name is on that list !!!! We have about. 10% chance this time around but I'm pretty confident this is it for me !!!!

Im pretty confident too...Everyone who held my last OSA billet made it the next time up....and I cant imagine anything more that I could have given them to make it....I hit every wicket that I possibly could...All I can do i hope....My command doesnt really make it any easier....A few Chiefs/Senior Chiefs think that I have it in the bag....would suck if I didnt...lol

Guest PSjg78

Im pretty confident too...Everyone who held my last OSA billet made it the next time up....and I cant imagine anything more that I could have given them to make it....I hit every wicket that I possibly could...All I can do i hope....My command doesnt really make it any easier....A few Chiefs/Senior Chiefs think that I have it in the bag....would suck if I didnt...lol

That is basically where I am at as well... Only thing is completing my Masters degree in which I have 5 classes left.... but like my CMC said you have done more then most in the SENIOR ranks so if you dont get it, I have no IDEA what they are looking for.... If I dont get it it would def suck lol... but I truly believe that God has a plan and if its meant to be it will be if not then I just have to trust in his plan!

Guest FTS(PS)

That is basically where I am at as well... Only thing is completing my Masters degree in which I have 5 classes left.... but like my CMC said you have done more then most in the SENIOR ranks so if you dont get it, I have no IDEA what they are looking for.... If I dont get it it would def suck lol... but I truly believe that God has a plan and if its meant to be it will be if not then I just have to trust in his plan!

Yeah....Im prepping for in case I don't make it...Start my second bachelors in July....been all over Navy Cool grabbing civilian certifications..working on my second MOVSM....Im to the point where im just going back and doing the same things over again...lol...the only new thing I can get is my MTS....and Im hoping to make it this time so that I can use that for an officer/CWO package or Senior Chief.  This wait is about to kill me...Knowing that the board is out is nerve wrecking.