Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran | Bases | Enlisted Portal

ET1EXWIWSW

FY19 Chief Selection Board

Rate this topic

Tony
5 minutes ago, AME1 said:

Thanks.  We shall see what happens  I hit 20 years in June  so basically my last shot to get the full high 3 if I pick it up this year vice next year.  I'm working for a good Chief, and the Senior Chief I worked for last year was good as well.  So will see how the awesome evals they wrote me look to the board (if I make board, not feeling it after that test).

I have my fingers crossed too AME1!!

BBb)

• Like 1

Christyl

I am back this year, just on the other side! 

To encourage those who have a PRT failure, I did too 3 years ago and I was still selected. It’s not an end all be all! 

I helped proctor the exam, the tests looked hard! It was cool to see what is on different ratings test. 

• Thanks 1

osiris0107

Quick question to my PS friends in the house. I submitted an award to a selection board that is taking place right now. The award just got up loaded to my OMPF. Just wondering if anyone knew if they upload those things in the middle on a board. The reason why I am asking is because my board doesn't require a page count and never could verify with NPC that all pages from my package were received. If this was uploaded by the board then I would know all pages were received. Thanks.

GoNavy88
15 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

Quick question to my PS friends in the house. I submitted an award to a selection board that is taking place right now. The award just got up loaded to my OMPF. Just wondering if anyone knew if they upload those things in the middle on a board. The reason why I am asking is because my board doesn't require a page count and never could verify with NPC that all pages from my package were received. If this was uploaded by the board then I would know all pages were received. Thanks.

Award submission to OMpF is a different process.  One that take up to 90 days from when it was submitted to NDAWs or through PERS.  Anything that goes to the selection board only get viewed by the board members and deleted afterwards as stated on the navadmin.  Hope this answer ur question.

anythi

CTN1(IW/FMF)

So checked my continuity report today and my most recent eval is labeled as rejected. Talked to several FCPOs in my command and they have the same. So I am assuming this is a command wide issue, but any advice particularly from previous board members on best way forward with this?

• Sad 1

GoNavy88
34 minutes ago, CTN1(IW/FMF) said:

So checked my continuity report today and my most recent eval is labeled as rejected. Talked to several FCPOs in my command and they have the same. So I am assuming this is a command wide issue, but any advice particularly from previous board members on best way forward with this?

Go see ur Eval coordinator, the command should have received an eval rejection letter.  It will tell them what they did wrong and should have already started correcting that issue.

HawkISback

Almost done with January. 

ABGrape

I am forward deployed in Sasebo, Japan and this is my 4th time up for Chief.  My Divo says that we get extra points when they review our packages ?  Can anyone validate this ? Thanks in advance 

PO14Life
2 hours ago, ABGrape said:

I am forward deployed in Sasebo, Japan and this is my 4th time up for Chief.  My Divo says that we get extra points when they review our packages ?  Can anyone validate this ? Thanks in advance 

Well if it does it hasn’t helped me any. Almost four years FDNF

ABGrape

What is your rate ? I am ABF with 15 years and fully qualified in all faucets of my job. 4th time up here 

PO14Life
1 hour ago, ABGrape said:

What is your rate ? I am ABF with 15 years and fully qualified in all faucets of my job. 4th time up here 

LS with almost 15 years.... 4th time up. All the checks in the blocks. I’ve had my record reviewed by several people including MC’s, they say I hit everything they look for. Just not my time yet.

subguy10524

I get to take the makeup exam. Was SIQ for the normal. 

I am debating on when to take LPO at my new command and if it will hurt to wait a month or so to get qualifications knocked out before taking over. 

Anyone have any insight? If I wait my quals will be much further along, but if I take it right now, will have more time to send to the board as LPO. Once I take over, I will be LPO for years. I am the only sea returnee on board in the division other than the chief. 

ABGrape
On 2/3/2018 at 10:45 PM, PO14Life said:

LS with almost 15 years.... 4th time up. All the checks in the blocks. I’ve had my record reviewed by several people including MC’s, they say I hit everything they look for. Just not my time yet.

Sounds just like my situatuon ! Good luck this year hopefully we can overcome the odds 

AME1
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:24 AM, ABGrape said:

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:45 AM, PO14Life said:

Well can't say I have all checks in the block, but fully qualified in my rate.  I've also done 2 IA's, and in my 19 years this is my 9th time eligible 8th board if I make board this year.  I haven't done any of the volunteer or college stuff so that might have held me back I'm sure.  I'm also sure my flatline of evals hasn't helped much either.  The one thing I've gotten over the years of being on here, and just the years in the Navy is no one ever knows what the magic thing was that got them selected.  I've heard of guys who have NJP in the last 5 years getting picked up, then you also have PRT failures, or people who have P's.  So I try not to stress to much about it, and just know if it happens it happens.  If not in 2020 I'll hit the yellow brick road with 55% retirement.  Either way it's a win/win for me.

• Like 1

PO14Life
9 hours ago, ABGrape said:

Sounds just like my situatuon ! Good luck this year hopefully we can overcome the odds 

Good luck to you too! Hopefully we will both be out there this year

• Like 1

PO14Life
4 hours ago, AME1 said:

Well can't say I have all checks in the block, but fully qualified in my rate.  I've also done 2 IA's, and in my 19 years this is my 9th time eligible 8th board if I make board this year.  I haven't done any of the volunteer or college stuff so that might have held me back I'm sure.  I'm also sure my flatline of evals hasn't helped much either.  The one thing I've gotten over the years of being on here, and just the years in the Navy is no one ever knows what the magic thing was that got them selected.  I've heard of guys who have NJP in the last 5 years getting picked up, then you also have PRT failures, or people who have P's.  So I try not to stress to much about it, and just know if it happens it happens.  If not in 2020 I'll hit the yellow brick road with 55% retirement.  Either way it's a win/win for me.

I like your positive spirit, but I do hope this time is yours. It’s also never to late to volunteer or pick up some college. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hammer

It’s that time again. I’ve been  creeping on this page for five years now hopefully this year is my lucky year!! Looking to see if anybody has a template of LTB along with a career summary they are willing to share? Good luck to everyone!

• Like 2

atypicalET

Any ETs on this thread? This forum helped me considerably a few years ago, looking to give back.

• That Sounds Good!! 1

osiris0107

Test results coming out soon. Let the package review begin.

• That Sounds Good!! 1

Crypto1
13 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

Test results coming out soon. Let the package review begin.

Any date attached on Profile Sheets release?

GMFCC
5 hours ago, Crypto1 said:

Any date attached on Profile Sheets release?

I’d bet 2 weeks

Foley04

Results I’m thinking end of March. Can’t wait to see the quotas!

hammer

March 8 last year 

GMFCC
12 hours ago, Mrs G said:

I just took the exam on Saturday (Reservist). The make up exam is until next month. Isn't two weeks too soon for the profile sheets to post? 

You’d be surprised, I took the makeup exam the year I made it and board eligibility was out only a few weeks later. I’m sure there are some variables like how many late exams there are, and when they all get mailed in. I’m guessing, but I’d bet that by this point they probably have the majority of the top 60% already slated, so adding in a few late exams is easier.

CTN1(IW/FMF)

Navy advancement center says AD profile sheets will probably be out week of March 12th

• Thanks 1