Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran | Bases | Enlisted Portal

ET1EXWIWSW

FY19 Chief Selection Board

Rate this topic

OS1(SW/EXW)
On 4/29/2018 at 8:26 PM, PO14Life said:

I think everyone is just staying busy. I keep hearing the "This is your year" bit, and trying not to be cynical. I tell them I'm a realist and don't want to get my hopes up.

yeah...I hear that EVERY year...must be something they teach them at INDOC...and I AM cynical of it after being up 4 or 5 times now

Submarinecook1stclass
6 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

Well, I have be informed that in my community there are a great deal of E-7 and above that are retirement eligible and close to HYT, so it tells me that it should be good this year and in the coming years as well. for my rate my guess is 22 with about 100 eligible.  I always wondered why they stop advertising who made board? Maybe to make people not feel hurt?

You can see who all made board or not with FLTMPS but you have to know others UICs to see

Casey Rybak

Does anyone know why the minimum multiple on some profile sheets is listed as 20?  It would be impossible to score below a 20.

AME1
9 hours ago, Casey Rybak said:

Does anyone know why the minimum multiple on some profile sheets is listed as 20?  It would be impossible to score below a 20.

Were they automatic board eligible?  I'd have to go back and look at my profile sheet from when I was in Afghanistan.  I only remeber it said I cut a 80 on the test.

BOATSNUGGYD

Well it's that time of the year again the fts/selres cpo board convenes on monday

• Like 1

osiris0107
22 hours ago, BOATSNUGGYD said:

Well it's that time of the year again the fts/selres cpo board convenes on Monday

gOOD LUCK. Need to submit my package for the active board.

• Like 2

CTN1(IW/FMF)

Submitted my LTB today for the Active board. Done all that I can. Good luck to everyone!

• Like 2

Boats101

First time up for board here.  Need some guidance.  I've been checking my Continuity Report daily on BOL to see when the Selection Board status will change from "No Selection Boards to display" to I'm assuming the board # and dates.  I've also read online that it usually happens around 30 days prior to the board convening.   Has anyone checked recently to see if theirs has updated or does it say "No Selection Boards to display" still?  Any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

CTN1(IW/FMF)

So I’m gonna start the guessing. I’m saying Aug 1 this year will never results. 

subguy10524

For me it is too early to start worrying about results. I still gotta get LTB off. Planning on doing that today and this week getting the command letterhead for my LPO time here. 

Once the board convenes I will start guessing results myself. I am just weird like that. 

CTN1(IW/FMF)
12 hours ago, subguy10524 said:

For me it is too early to start worrying about results. I still gotta get LTB off. Planning on doing that today and this week getting the command letterhead for my LPO time here. 

Once the board convenes I will start guessing results myself. I am just weird like that. 

I understand that. I sent my LTB off last Friday. Not it’s just finishing up some things before I transfer. I’ll only be about 3 weeks into new duty station when results come out so was getting my guess out early haha

Submarinecook1stclass
14 hours ago, subguy10524 said:

I’m with you in that I try not to think about it to much.. at least till quotas come out 

• Haha 1

BethSta

When will the quotas be released?   Prior to adjournment?

Submarinecook1stclass
6 hours ago, BethSta said:

When will the quotas be released?   Prior to adjournment?

Late June. quotas normally come out once the board commences.

• Like 1

BethSta
12 minutes ago, Submarinecook1stclass said:

Late June. quotas normally come out once the board commences.

Should have specified reserve - didn’t that board convene today?

BOATSNUGGYD
41 minutes ago, BethSta said:

Should have specified reserve - didn’t that board convene today?

The board did convene today but the quotas were not released. I'm hoping 2mro when the E4-E6 results come out to the triad.

• Like 1

BethSta
1 hour ago, BOATSNUGGYD said:

The board did convene today but the quotas were not released. I'm hoping 2mro when the E4-E6 results come out to the triad.

Here’s hoping the numbers are good ... 

• Like 1

THEORDNANCMAN

Has anyone heard of anyone making Chief with a court martial on their record?

usnavyps1

This is my final look (again), not holding my breath. Wish the quotas would get out here so we have some idea of our chances.

• Like 1

Doc (FMF) E
1 minute ago, usnavyps1 said:

This is my final look (again), not holding my breath. Wish the quotas would get out here so we have some idea of our chances.

I know! I feel like they should be out by now!! Board convened on Monday...

• Like 1

BXPS1
5 hours ago, Doc (FMF) E said:

I know! I feel like they should be out by now!! Board convened on Monday...

They changed it to the adjournment date because of past screwups. On the NAVADMIN this year.

AME1

So we just had change of command, and completed a major inspection last week.  I recieved a NAM for the dates of the inspection.  Opinions on if it's worth sending into the board.  I'm just not sure if 1 NAM is enough to sway things in my favor.  Also I've never gotten a clear answer on if my Army Com should be in my OMPF or not.

Submarinecook1stclass
2 hours ago, AME1 said:

So we just had change of command, and completed a major inspection last week.  I recieved a NAM for the dates of the inspection.  Opinions on if it's worth sending into the board.  I'm just not sure if 1 NAM is enough to sway things in my favor.  Also I've never gotten a clear answer on if my Army Com should be in my OMPF or not.

It’s should be, I received an army achievement medal and it’s in my OMPF

• Thanks 1