Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran | Bases | Enlisted Portal

CTRC(5)

FY-19 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

Rate this topic

CTRC(5)

Let's try this again. Get started early! Good luck to everyone on their packages!!!

• Like 2

GMFCC

Let's go! 2 time non select for 616X/618X here. Applying for 716X and 718X this year.

• Like 1

CryptoSquid

I was trying for ldo but didn't make it. This year was my last year... hopefully I'll make chief (7th times a charm) and then I Amy try for warrant in. Few years.

CTRC(5)
28 minutes ago, CryptoSquid said:

I was trying for ldo but didn't make it. This year was my last year... hopefully I'll make chief (7th times a charm) and then I Amy try for warrant in. Few years.

What's your rate? If you are CT I can take a look at your chief package if you want...

• Like 1

ENC

If any engineers are interested, I'm willing to help.  One of the biggest things I feel got me selected this year were the appraisals from 3 senior members within my community.  Reach out and get those senior individuals.  The stats were just released and 25/129 were selected for 613X and 21/135 were selected for 713X.

• Like 2

CryptoSquid
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:23 PM, CTRC(5) said:

What's your rate? If you are CT I can take a look at your chief package if you want...

Appreciate it Chief, Yeah I am a CTR. I never mind new eyes looking at my package, its always appreciated.

HAZEGREY1775

2 time Non-select for LDO... Applying for 782X this year. 

• Like 1

osiris0107
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:01 AM, ENC said:

If any engineers are interested, I'm willing to help.  One of the biggest things I feel got me selected this year were the appraisals from 3 senior members within my community.  Reach out and get those senior individuals.  The stats were just released and 25/129 were selected for 613X and 21/135 were selected for 713X.

Where did you find the stats?

CHUGS

I am a CTN1 reservist.  Still waiting for exam results, but if board eligible I plan to apply for LDO.  Any helpful information is appreciated. 

ordie230

My TIR is 14 yrs and 13 days.  I can apply for CWO if I'm a chief right?

where does it say I cant apply for both LDO and CWO.  I don't see that in the Navadmin. Thanks

HAZEGREY1775

TIS limitations for LDO is 14YRS, hence making you ineligible for LDO but eligible for CWO.

Butter Star

Reserve LDO/CWO FY19 In-service Procurement Board Navadmin:

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/reference/messages/Documents/NAVADMINS/NAV2017/NAV17091.txt

9.  Per reference (c), TIS eligibility is 8 to 14 years for LDO and 14 to 20
years for CWO.  However, TIS waivers will be considered and adjudicated on a
case-by-case basis by the Head Reserve Officer Community Manager (OCM)
(BUPERS-318).  Potential applicants, outside of the TIS eligibility window,
are encouraged to contact the Reserve LDO/CWO OCM in paragraph 17 of this
NAVADMIN to discuss TIS waiver opportunities.

10.  The Selected Reserve LDO/CWO Board will consider candidates for the
following officer designators: 623X, 626X, 628X, 629X, 633X, 641X, 649X,
653X, 683X, 711X, 712X, 713X, 715X, 716X, 717X, 781X, 782X, and 783X.  For up
to date information concerning open designators, visit the community manager
page at http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-
npc/officer/communitymanagers/reserve/selres/pages/RCLDOCWO.aspx.

TIS waivers will be approved for Reservists, unlike the AC.  CWO is very open for any CPOs that are interested.  FCPO vs CPO selection to LDO is roughly 50/50.  Submarine designators will consider surface ratings.  There were 24 LDO billets that went unfilled, mostly in security 649x and Intel 683x, and 21 CWO billets that went unfilled. 

Reservists interested in LDO/CWO feel free to PM me for more information.

• Like 1

CPO2LDO
On 3/2/2017 at 3:54 PM, CryptoSquid said:

I am there right now if you want another set of eyes (though results will be out soon).

Intel

Any 6820's that can provide guidance on what my chances might be applying out of rate?  I'm an IS and I am applying for 6830 (like the last two years) but I was given a suggestion about applying for 6820.

As far as experience, I worked out of rate as the command IT at my last command, managing two NMCI networks.  I was responsible for inventory and maintenance for over 200 items.  Additionally, I am two semesters from graduating with my masters in Computer Information Systems.  I believe I have a great grasp on IT concepts.  I'm just not sure how the board would feel.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Intel
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:28 PM, CTRC(5) said:

@CryptoSquid and @Intel what programs did you put in for? 

I put in for 683X/Intelligence only.  This is my third year applying.  Hopefully, the third time's the charm!

Guns to Gunner

Hey everybody, same bad time, same bad channel. Failed to select x2 6160, this will be my second 7161 application. Maybe the fourth time will be the charm. Good luck, everybody.

foxblade

Anyone submitting for 728X Acoustic Technician? Notification was out late, but there is still time.