FY-19 HCA Direct Commission

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest falcon229

For this board. 47 applicants/ 13 slots. That’s around what a 29% chance. Board convened 15 Dec results are currently pending. Good luck to all applicants. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

Congrats on the alternate nomination, hopefully someon doesn’t accept their election or your a shoe in for the next go around 

Considering I got a call (by accident) saying I wasn't selected in December when the board had yet to publish their results I'm pretty stoked that I was selected as an alternate.

If I do go to the next round does anyone know what can be done to make my packet more competitive or is being an alternate an automatic select for the next round?

Guest HCA Please

Hi everyone! I was informed today that I was a “Yes-Alternate.”  I am pretty happy to just be in the running. I did notice, however, that there were only five (5) DA’s selected outright with 31 alternates. I have never seen so many alternates selected for a program. Does anyone have any information about that or what the Navy’s intentions might be? I know everything is speculation at this point but I do know that all of the MSC-IPP alternates were activated (though there were only three lol). Thanks guys and gals! I hope we all get activated! 

27A936D0-351B-401B-83F0-43A8E1942694.png

On 1/26/2018 at 9:08 PM, HCA Please said:

Hi everyone! I was informed today that I was a “Yes-Alternate.”  I am pretty happy to just be in the running. I did notice, however, that there were only five (5) DA’s selected outright with 31 alternates. I have never seen so many alternates selected for a program. Does anyone have any information about that or what the Navy’s intentions might be? I know everything is speculation at this point but I do know that all of the MSC-IPP alternates were activated (though there were only three lol). Thanks guys and gals! I hope we all get activated! 

27A936D0-351B-401B-83F0-43A8E1942694.png

Are we not talking about how amazing it is that you have the listed results?!? My recruiter never even gave this to me. Also, there is a ridiculous amount of alternates and I'm interested in seeing what the process is for such a large number of alternates. Not sure if this document inspires a sense of awe or dread. Are there any FY-18 alternates on this thread that can shed some light?

On 1/24/2018 at 4:01 PM, falcon229 said:
On 1/24/2018 at 4:01 PM, falcon229 said:

Congratulations Frank. Are you active duty or a civilian ? 

Prior military, but currently Civilian

Guest HCA Please
On 1/30/2018 at 6:46 PM, MSC813 said:

Are we not talking about how amazing it is that you have the listed results?!? My recruiter never even gave this to me. Also, there is a ridiculous amount of alternates and I'm interested in seeing what the process is for such a large number of alternates. Not sure if this document inspires a sense of awe or dread. Are there any FY-18 alternates on this thread that can shed some light?

Haha I am a Navy recruiter so I get a little bit of inside info, but not much. Even though I am a recruiter and on active duty, I had to go through an Officer recruiter to submit my package. The processor at the NORS sent me the results and has no idea what is going to happen with the alternates, especially since there is so many. That list was about all I got.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pp55ftw

Don't know if this is the right place for this or not but prospective HCA DC applicant. I'm in the process of applying for MPH/MHA programs and am mainly focused on online only programs  but am having trouble finding programs that fit all the accreditation requirements. Can any current/accepted applicants shed some info on which programs they went to?  Currently A/D.

@pp55ftw you are on the right platform. check out for accreditation the navy requires which can basically be found on their website. Also, i don't know the rules about online requirement. You can ask a recruiter about that.

@Honor  I went back to school for my 2nd graduate degree which is MBA.

No word yet about my scroll and date of ODS.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ASturnedRN

Hi, I am prior enlisted who got out and got my BSN, I subitmitted my package in Jan 2018, there were so many packages mine got pushed back to Feb. I got a call from my recruiter saying that I was an alternate. He couldn’t give me any other information than to wait. These are my questions: 

How many alternates are on the list? 

Is there a order in which they go by to pick which alternates to call?

Are all the med surge quotas filled for this year? 

If they aren’t, are they just waiting to see if there is a better candidate? 

If they are filled what quotas aren’t filled? 

If not selected this fiscal year am I automatically selected next?  

If I’m not automatically selected do we have to put in another package? 

Have you or anyone else out know l had an alternate that was commissioned with in the year?

Having already served I know the Navy way is to hurry up and wait. While I’m glad it wasn’t a NO I’m also disappointed to still have to wait. 

Any insight would be awesome. 

On 1/25/2018 at 9:56 AM, MSC813 said:

Got a call that I was selected as an alternate...

Any addition info ?!?! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest falcon229

I was selected as well. ODS in Sept. If anyone needs advice or ways to improve kit let me know. Congrats to everyone that made it this board.

• 1 month later...