Guest NavySailorHCAHopeful

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tony

Guest ankonam2002
On 1/31/2017 at 3:01 PM, NavySailorHCAHopeful said:

Any other selectees have orders? ODS dates? Looks like I am in the April class. 

How did you find out?

Guest aactabreu

New info I got from one of the Chiefs here in my command (if anyone can verify or heard of this... again, this is just from the "grapevine")

I was told that usually, the alternates are guaranteed a slot already. They are just waiting on funding. That's what happened to one of the HM1s here in the command. Nobody backed out. He just got a call end of February.

Not sure how true this is.

Guest syaoran

Had a detailer contact me so now I am slotted for April ods and afterwards pcs to great lakes i need to work with the recruiter on finalizing and getting my official scroll to get commissioned which should come 3 weeks prior to shipping out...anyone else have any updates? 

• 2 months later...
Guest aactabreu

Been a while since anyone posted here.
are there any other ALTERNATE Selects in here that received a call or got word from their recruiters? 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest falcon229

Received word from my recruiter that all alternate selects will have to do another interview. The program manager has already chosen the interviewer to conduct these new interviews. Not sure why a new interview is needed for all alternates.  

Guest smiggs

Anyone hear how many alternates received a call for this second interview? Or how many slots opened up?

Guest nana kwame

Am new to the this platform..... Was selected as Alternate last board and got a call from my recruiter last week for second interview...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Humble

Greetings everyone,

So happy I found this group. I have too been selected an alternate this year and have completed my second interview. My recruiter actually told me what # alternate I was and told me in June they are doing another board and I would get a call regarding the board results. I also heard the same thing regarding rolling into a selected spot for next FY. If they believe you have what they are looking for they don't want to take a chance on losing you so select you for next FY quotas. 

My second interview went very well from what my recruiter told me and I am active duty. I was asked why I did not apply through IPP because I would have been a select for sure. I explain that to my interviewer and he understood. The end of the story I was welcomed into the community already by great mentors who have been helping me submit this package over and over.

I have little to no experience as a Healthcare administrator; however, I have certifications in other areas of healthcare. Because of those, I was ranked high on the alternate list for selection. My advice to those that sit around and wait for this next board of results to seek mentorship under an HCA in a military treatment facility if you can. I am stationed in the Great lakes area and I have linked up with the local hospital here to get some experience. This also makes you a strong candidate. 

Best of luck to all those who are waiting on news from the board that will take place in June. Not all alternates were offered a second interview just a few. If you had a second interview things are looking up for you. Stay the course this will happen for you!

Guest Humble
On 5/16/2017 at 0:02 AM, smiggs said:

Still waiting for the second interview to be set up...nothing more.

Smiggs,

Did your interview occur because I was told there was a deadline for the second interview? Call your recruiter if this has not taken place yet.  

Guest aactabreu
37 minutes ago, Humble said:

Greetings everyone,

So happy I found this group. I have too been selected an alternate this year and have completed my second interview. My recruiter actually told me what # alternate I was and told me in June they are doing another board and I would get a call regarding the board results. I also heard the same thing regarding rolling into a selected spot for next FY. If they believe you have what they are looking for they don't want to take a chance on losing you so select you for next FY quotas. 

My second interview went very well from what my recruiter told me and I am active duty. I was asked why I did not apply through IPP because I would have been a select for sure. I explain that to my interviewer and he understood. The end of the story I was welcomed into the community already by great mentors who have been helping me submit this package over and over.

I have little to no experience as a Healthcare administrator; however, I have certifications in other areas of healthcare. Because of those, I was ranked high on the alternate list for selection. My advice to those that sit around and wait for this next board of results to seek mentorship under an HCA in a military treatment facility if you can. I am stationed in the Great lakes area and I have linked up with the local hospital here to get some experience. This also makes you a strong candidate. 

Best of luck to all those who are waiting on news from the board that will take place in June. Not all alternates were offered a second interview just a few. If you had a second interview things are looking up for you. Stay the course this will happen for you!

@Humble

I am also an alternate. If you don't mind me asking, what was your position in the alternate list? I am still waiting. My recruiter is gonna get in contact tomorrow.

Guest smiggs
On 5/24/2017 at 2:49 PM, Humble said:

Smiggs,

Did your interview occur because I was told there was a deadline for the second interview? Call your recruiter if this has not taken place yet.  

@Humble

I did my 2nd interview this past Thursday (May 25th). Thanks for asking. Do you know how many Alternates recieved this 2nd interview?  

When you were told your position in the alternate list, did you happen to hear/see the whole list? The only info I've received was the 2nd interviews should be completed by June 2nd. I know @aactabreu has gotten more from his recruiter than I have.  I'm really getting everything as a step by step approach; guess it keeps me from getting my hopes up lol.

Guest insanediplomat
15 minutes ago, smiggs said:

@Humble

I did my 2nd interview this past Thursday (May 25th). Thanks for asking. Do you know how many Alternates recieved this 2nd interview?  

When you were told your position in the alternate list, did you happen to hear/see the whole list? The only info I've received was the 2nd interviews should be completed by June 2nd. I know @aactabreu has gotten more from his recruiter than I have.  I'm really getting everything as a step by step approach; guess it keeps me from getting my hopes up lol.

I saw the list, but there's no way of deciphering it. 

Guest falcon229
7 hours ago, insanediplomat said:

I saw the list, but there's no way of deciphering it. 

@insanediplomat how many alternates were on the list? I've heard different numbers 15-17 and 22. Was anyone told the amount of alternates that will be selected from this upcoming board ?  

Guest insanediplomat
4 hours ago, falcon229 said:

@insanediplomat how many alternates were on the list? I've heard different numbers 15-17 and 22. Was anyone told the amount of alternates that will be selected from this upcoming board ?  

I don't remeber the exact number, but certainly no fewer than 30. It was collated by recruiting district. I do know that out of the IPP people, only one name was on both list. 

Guest insanediplomat

By deductive reasoning from what I've read here and what I know, I think there will be a board in June. Those not selected by that board will have to do another interview in July. This isn't concrete. This is my assumption concluded from postings here and things I know from other places and comments made by my recruiter. 

Guest Humble

Why would there be another board in July instead of just making one apply next year or even rolling into FY 18. I don't know just in the same boat as you all are. I wish everyone well and hope we all at some point get selected. I was told not all alternates got a second interview and I am not sure how many alternates were on the list. We are in June now and just waiting to see who get picked up this board. I wish we had some people that went through this cycle last years to share some light to this process.

Guest insanediplomat
5 hours ago, Humble said:

Why would there be another board in July instead of just making one apply next year or even rolling into FY 18. I don't know just in the same boat as you all are. I wish everyone well and hope we all at some point get selected. I was told not all alternates got a second interview and I am not sure how many alternates were on the list. We are in June now and just waiting to see who get picked up this board. I wish we had some people that went through this cycle last years to share some light to this process.

We are the first going through the new process.