Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran | Bases | Enlisted Portal


NavySailorHCAHopeful

FY-18 HCA Direct Commission

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

Same here guys. Let keep hoping. It's definitely going to happen. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any other selectees have orders? ODS dates? Looks like I am in the April class. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got selected and I'm in June ODS class.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2017 at 5:47 PM, anjordan said:

I got selected and I'm in June ODS class.

How did you know you are in June class?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2017 at 3:01 PM, NavySailorHCAHopeful said:

Any other selectees have orders? ODS dates? Looks like I am in the April class. 

How did you find out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The detailer told me that was my ODS class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New info I got from one of the Chiefs here in my command (if anyone can verify or heard of this... again, this is just from the "grapevine")

I was told that usually, the alternates are guaranteed a slot already. They are just waiting on funding. That's what happened to one of the HM1s here in the command. Nobody backed out. He just got a call end of February.

Not sure how true this is.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a detailer contact me so now I am slotted for April ods and afterwards pcs to great lakes i need to work with the recruiter on finalizing and getting my official scroll to get commissioned which should come 3 weeks prior to shipping out...anyone else have any updates? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a while since anyone posted here.
are there any other ALTERNATE Selects in here that received a call or got word from their recruiters? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not yet did any alternate receive a call?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received word from my recruiter that all alternate selects will have to do another interview. The program manager has already chosen the interviewer to conduct these new interviews. Not sure why a new interview is needed for all alternates.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone hear how many alternates received a call for this second interview? Or how many slots opened up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am new to the this platform..... Was selected as Alternate last board and got a call from my recruiter last week for second interview...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any updates from Alternates regarding the interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting for the second interview to be set up...nothing more.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings everyone,

 

So happy I found this group. I have too been selected an alternate this year and have completed my second interview. My recruiter actually told me what # alternate I was and told me in June they are doing another board and I would get a call regarding the board results. I also heard the same thing regarding rolling into a selected spot for next FY. If they believe you have what they are looking for they don't want to take a chance on losing you so select you for next FY quotas. 

My second interview went very well from what my recruiter told me and I am active duty. I was asked why I did not apply through IPP because I would have been a select for sure. I explain that to my interviewer and he understood. The end of the story I was welcomed into the community already by great mentors who have been helping me submit this package over and over.

I have little to no experience as a Healthcare administrator; however, I have certifications in other areas of healthcare. Because of those, I was ranked high on the alternate list for selection. My advice to those that sit around and wait for this next board of results to seek mentorship under an HCA in a military treatment facility if you can. I am stationed in the Great lakes area and I have linked up with the local hospital here to get some experience. This also makes you a strong candidate. 

Best of luck to all those who are waiting on news from the board that will take place in June. Not all alternates were offered a second interview just a few. If you had a second interview things are looking up for you. Stay the course this will happen for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2017 at 0:02 AM, smiggs said:

Still waiting for the second interview to be set up...nothing more.

Smiggs,

 

Did your interview occur because I was told there was a deadline for the second interview? Call your recruiter if this has not taken place yet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Humble said:

Greetings everyone,

 

So happy I found this group. I have too been selected an alternate this year and have completed my second interview. My recruiter actually told me what # alternate I was and told me in June they are doing another board and I would get a call regarding the board results. I also heard the same thing regarding rolling into a selected spot for next FY. If they believe you have what they are looking for they don't want to take a chance on losing you so select you for next FY quotas. 

My second interview went very well from what my recruiter told me and I am active duty. I was asked why I did not apply through IPP because I would have been a select for sure. I explain that to my interviewer and he understood. The end of the story I was welcomed into the community already by great mentors who have been helping me submit this package over and over.

I have little to no experience as a Healthcare administrator; however, I have certifications in other areas of healthcare. Because of those, I was ranked high on the alternate list for selection. My advice to those that sit around and wait for this next board of results to seek mentorship under an HCA in a military treatment facility if you can. I am stationed in the Great lakes area and I have linked up with the local hospital here to get some experience. This also makes you a strong candidate. 

Best of luck to all those who are waiting on news from the board that will take place in June. Not all alternates were offered a second interview just a few. If you had a second interview things are looking up for you. Stay the course this will happen for you!

@Humble

I am also an alternate. If you don't mind me asking, what was your position in the alternate list? I am still waiting. My recruiter is gonna get in contact tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online



  • Popular Contributors

    1. 1
      TRON828
      TRON828
      3
    2. 2
      PSjg78
      PSjg78
      3
    3. 3
      Donkey Racer
      Donkey Racer
      3
    4. 4
      SWSeabee
      SWSeabee
      1
    5. 5
      SeaBeeDoc
      SeaBeeDoc
      1