FY-18 HCA Direct Commission

Guest NavySailorHCAHopeful

Guest FourUnderPar

The Quota message regarding MSCIPP for HCA stated that 15 were selected with 3 alternates for individuals who needed to obtain a Masters and those who already have a qualifying Masters.  So I believe that is the total number they are taking to fill the future manning requirements.  Good luck! 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tony

Guest FourUnderPar

Forget my previous post.  It appears based on prior year results that everyone on the NAVADMIN list has an Active Duty military rating so there must be two separate results lists for those going through a recruiter and those already in the service applying.  Good luck either way!

Guest officerhealthcare
1 hour ago, syaoran said:

I got selected! I'm still in shock!  My recruiter wasn't able to give me more specifics on timeliness because they say there still needs to be paperwork processed. I will update u guys on my personal timeliness once I find out.  I wasn't give  any information on how many ppl were selected or alternates sorry. 

Congrats

Guest officerhealthcare
1 hour ago, syaoran said:

I got selected! I'm still in shock!  My recruiter wasn't able to give me more specifics on timeliness because they say there still needs to be paperwork processed. I will update u guys on my personal timeliness once I find out.  I wasn't give  any information on how many ppl were selected or alternates sorry. 

Are you active duty?

Guest syaoran

No i am a civilian.  I only applied da hca and I have a mph with a 3.5 GPA. I did really well for one of my interviews though with a 0-4. The other one I wasn't sure. 

Guest aactabreu

I got alternate select today!

Here is what I know. 

43 applications were submitted. 18 got selected. Number of alternates is unknown and your position as an alternate is not disclosed. 

If someone fails to go to ODS or if someone rejects to accept their commissioning appointment, they go through the Alternate list. 

There are also talks that usually, the alternates gets rolled right in the next FY and fills in the selected quotas. So good news still :) 

For those that got selected, congrats!

For those that are alternates, let's wait. Patiently! 

Guest aactabreu
26 minutes ago, syaoran said:

No i am a civilian.  I only applied da hca and I have a mph with a 3.5 GPA. I did really well for one of my interviews though with a 0-4. The other one I wasn't sure. 

Congratulations 

Guest falcon229

I was also selected as an Alternate for this board. I'm happy that I still have a shot, it's better than a flat out NO. 

aactabreu is correct this is exactly what my recruiter explained to me nothing has to be done on my end, maybe update one or two documents down the line other than that my kit is good to go for next FY. I will just wait and see if a candidate drops out or until the next FY rolls around and move into one of those quotas. This was my first kit submission so I'm not disappointed, I've seen where others submitted three and four times and finally made it. Don't give up hope to those that didn't get selected this time.

Does anyone know what happens if one of the IPP candidates who applied to both programs are selected twice (IPP and Direct Accession) which program would they fall under? Maybe this will open up slots for some of us alternates.

Guest NavySailorHCAHopeful

I just got word that I am also a selectee! Congratulations to everyone selected and all of the alternates!

This was my first time applying but if anyone applying next year has questions I will do my best to answer with what I know. 

Can't wait to meet/work with you all in the fleet someday soon!

Cheers!

Guest FourUnderPar

Congrats!  I am jealous of you all getting great news!  Hopefully the IPP results will be out soon and I can celebrate with you.  See you out there!

On 1/10/2017 at 8:46 PM, nana said:

Results came out today. My recruiter just contacted me.

Is there a public copy of the results out there that anyone knows about? :huh:

Guest falcon229

Does anyone know if the 18 selected for this board includes the alternates or is it just those that were "actually selected"?

Has anyone from a past board selected as an Alternate actually get picked up during the FY? Or did you have to wait until the next FY?

Guest ruby416

I was selected as alternate for last year, got a phone call end of Sep asked if I was still interested to go ODS. Last year was 8 primary and 8 alternate slots.... I'm not sure the 18 slots for this year are all primary. That would be a very high number.... 

Guest aactabreu

I was told by my recruiter 18 got selected but they do not know how many alternates there are nor do they know what our position is on the list.

For @ruby416- did you know what your alternate position number was out of the 8? 

Thank you! 

Guest ruby416
6 hours ago, aactabreu said:

I was told by my recruiter 18 got selected but they do not know how many alternates there are nor do they know what our position is on the list.

For @ruby416- did you know what your alternate position number was out of the 8? 

Thank you! 

You don't know, the would not release to recruiter about the ranking if alternate....

Congrats to all of those selected. I have a quick question for everyone. This might be a bad question...I am in a Masters of Finance program that is AACSB accredited. Do you think I would have a chance in being accepted as an HCA with this type of degree? 

Guest syaoran

They are really strict on this kinda stuff in the military, and for the NAVY hca program It explicitly states MBA MBA or mph w/ administration specialty. The you may be able to get a waiver if u have strong health care experience. But the strictness was why I got turned down from applying for the equivalent hca position in the air force because apparently the the air force doesn't have to recognize a mph w/ an administration concentration compared to the Navy so good luck with ur mf. It stupidly sucks I know... Same with the usphs very strict on education regardless of years of experience in the field. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest falcon229

@navyboy1 nothing yet on my end either. I haven't seen any of the selectees post anything about receiving ODS dates or Orders. I would expect maybe a month or two after selection an alternate would hear back if someone declined or not. Also, let's hope that current Active Duty candidates applied to both Direct and IPP. I think they would fill that IPP slot which would open up a Direct slot for an alternate.

@aactabreu did your recruiter mention in what circumstances would they put alternates to fill next FY Quotas? I've heard that sometimes they do that but other times a kit must be resubmitted.

Guest aactabreu

@falcon229- I was told by my recruiter and Officer processor (the civilian in the Recruiting office) that majority of the times, the alternates do not even have to worry about resubmitting. My recruiter told me to stand by and wait for 2-3 months. Right now, the community is busy with ensuring all the 18 selectees get processed. Once that dies down, I was told they would reconvene again and determine the manpower needs for the next FY. I am not sure how many alternates there are, but I can only imagine there would only be a handful like IPP.

We also have to remember that life happens. Sometimes, there are circumstances where the selectees need to back out of going to ODS. I think there was one person in this thread that mentioned they got activated as an alternate around September. Who knows.

I wished they posted alternate lists in order of precedence just like what they do with IPP.