Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran | Bases | Enlisted Portal

Sign in to follow this  
Tony

Board for Corrections of Naval Records, Department of Veterans Affairs Partner for Online Q&A Session

Rate this topic

Tony    860
Tony

WASHINGTON (NNS) -- The Department of the Navy (DON) Board for Corrections of Naval Records (BCNR) and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) are teaming up Aug. 26 to host a live Facebook question and answer session.

The Q&A will be held at noon EDT on the Navy's Facebook page, www.facebook.com/USNavy.

The live chat will provide current and former Sailors, Marines and their families a chance to discuss a variety of topics, including: what issues BCNR can review for action, how to apply to the board, how the petition process works, what benefits the VA provides and how BCNR and VA are working to help members and their families.

"This is a great opportunity for active duty, veterans and their families to talk directly to the experts," said Elizabeth Hill, BCNR director. "An error or injustice in a record can affect a member in a number of ways, specifically when it comes to their VA benefits. Our BCNR team is looking forward to addressing questions about benefits as well as other areas in which BCNR can take action on."

The BCNR, which consists of a chairman and approximately 45 members, is the highest level of review within the DON. The board can take action on a variety of matters including: contracts and pay, removal of material, review of discharges and separations, and dates of rank.

"I encourage anyone who has questions about the BCNR, especially how to relates to the VA, to submit questions ahead of time or join our live chat," added Hill.

Those who would like to submit a question of the chat session ahead of time can email navysocialmedia@navy.mil. 

For more information about the BCNR, visit www.secnav.navy.mil/mra/bcnr.

Alvin    0
Alvin

I am a late bloomer and have decided to go back to school under a seldom used scholarship program.  I found the form and address to request my military records to include any and all correspondence courses that I did.  However, due to circumstances certain items were to be expunged from my record, and I am afraid that they might have expunged some correspondence course that I did.

Years ago I had found a web-site that listed all of the different enlisted and officer naval correspondence course.  Now I cannot find it.  I would like to be able to find this list so that I can submit a letter to try and have these reinstated back into my record.  Any suggestions?  Thank you