Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran | Bases | Enlisted Portal

KnockoutTrish

FY17 CPO Selectee Spouses

Rate this topic

**KnockoutTrish**    13
KnockoutTrish

Congrats to all those that were selected.

Feel free to post any questions here and we will try our best to answer them.

• Like 3

Wifey1982    2
Wifey1982

My hubs just picked up this year.. super excited for him.... but as many are I'm totally clueless... all I know is to tell the kiddo's its like a 6 week deployment, and have a plate of food in the fridge for him to heat up when he gets home.. LOL. I think I am the only wife in his selectee group too.. so that makes it a little weird. LOL. So, my husband likes to volunteer me for everything, so this should be interesting... let the games begin! LOL

• Like 2

Blankslate    77
Blankslate

LOL My spouse (finally) got selected (the finally is a quote from the Mess, not me) and he is the most senior select from his group. Somehow my house has become ground zero for 6 selects to do their after we let you go for the day stuff. I think it's because we live on base just down the street from the work center. Tonight they are building...something...that requires a wood box, clear acrylic sheets and for me to buy my husband new power tools. I've also been on the "Honey I forgot I need" scavenger hunt since yesterday and I have a feeling it won't be ending for the next 6 weeks! 

• Like 2

AlohaChicken    12
AlohaChicken

I told my kids the same. Basically Dad is going to be gone for 6 weeks. Maybe we will see him on Sundays. 

I am super bummed he didn't make it at our last command, we've only been here for 7 months and I know NO ONE on the ship. Our last command quite a few of my friends were chief's wives so I would have had someone to steer me through the season. Oh well! 

Our command is doing a spouse meeting next week. I am going to probably be biting my tongue because I get sarcastic when people tell me how I "should" act, dress and speak. :P

• Like 1

Blankslate    77
Blankslate
8 hours ago, AlohaChicken said:

I told my kids the same. Basically Dad is going to be gone for 6 weeks. Maybe we will see him on Sundays. 

I am super bummed he didn't make it at our last command, we've only been here for 7 months and I know NO ONE on the ship. Our last command quite a few of my friends were chief's wives so I would have had someone to steer me through the season. Oh well! 

Our command is doing a spouse meeting next week. I am going to probably be biting my tongue because I get sarcastic when people tell me how I "should" act, dress and speak. :P

I know exactly how you feel! Our spouse meeting is Saturday at the Chief Club after their 1st fundraiser car wash way far away from base. All of my husband's port call drinking buddies had made chief before him so when he was calling them to let them know he was just saying "We can go drinking again now." We've been here a year but I only know a few of his co-workers. Thankfully we have friends who had made it who are willing to help over the internet and have been bending my ear for 2 days now. I am having a hard time not getting sarcastic with some of the things I am seeing coming from some of the spouses here at our base. There was one who isn't even a spouse who posted cause I guess her BF just reported and picked up but he moved her down here with him and she's all flipping out about trying to find housing. IDK what is going on but I do know that Home Depot messaged me 20 minutes before they closed last night to tell me my order was ready for pick up, so I got that going for me which is nice. 

• Like 1

Wifey1982    2
Wifey1982

Yeah, I'm super sarcastic as well. I have been watching my husband practice memorizing his stuff and I'm just cracking up. He has a small command and only 4 of them picked up this season... and I'm the only wife!! the others are divorced or single... so this should be interesting at the family picnic on SAT... hopefully the CPO's wives in the command can help me out.. but I have a feeling I"m gonna be busy helping with bake sales, car washes and yard sale stuff... I can see it already... SMH

Blankslate    77
Blankslate

For his section of his command 6 picked up and there are 3 other spouses but I don't normally socialize well when just thrown into the pack. So far I have been able to maintain the edit button on my sarcasm but I feel it building and I know I will eventually crack (hopefully only around my friends). Thankfully the selects with my husband are mostly of a similar mind set so I am hoping that their wives are too. 

AlohaChicken    12
AlohaChicken

My husband is on a carrier and I think they selected 57? So I figure outta that many I have to find a few wives who I can befriend! We shall see. Husband isn't even coming home tonight or probably the next, they are working until at least 10pm and have to be back at 4am so he is just sleeping on the ship. They are doing a car wash and gas and glass Saturday so we may go say hi then.

**KnockoutTrish**    13
KnockoutTrish

How is everyone getting along now that the season has been going on for a little bit?  Throw out the questions if you have any and we will try to get you answers to them.

A little bit about myself.  I have been married to my sailor for almost 21yrs and he has been in the Navy for 21.5yrs.  We are part of the submarine community and have been through many deployments on both trident and fast attack submarines as well as a couple of shore duty commands.  My husband picked up chief back in 2008, senior chief in 2011, and master chief in 2016.  I work full time, have a 19yr old son and an almost 16yr old daughter that is a competitive cheerleader, a rottweiler, an italian mastiff, and work out all the time.

Feel free to post any questions, comments, concerns that you have here.  If you have a question then someone else in the group might have the same question.  There are no dumb questions either!!

• Like 1