FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
22 minutes ago, @T1 Mo said:

Finished the SEJPME I on JKO..long course but passed on first try ;)..

Awesome job! I heard there is a recent one out. I finished mine last September. Not sure if it's the same one you did.

Good morning/afternoon y'all!

Question. Am I the only one using the "sample LTB" letter head that is displayed on the NPC site under active duty enlisted/general information?  I noticed it's slight different from the previous cycles letter head samples. I'm having my Chief's package reviewed and I was told to leave off  "#1. Please consider this package for the IT rating in my case."  I only had two CPO's look at my Chief's package so far and they both said to remove #1.

Should I leave it or remove it? I'm just following the "Sample LTB."

Guest SeaBeeDoc
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 3:26 PM, @T1 Mo said:

Fellow first, FYI.. NKO has January 2017 CPO exam stats on how many people made board in Navy.. 31 for AT FTS... Woo! 

84 out of  137 in the HM FTS community.

Guest SeaBeeDoc

Package is going to finally be sent off tomorrow, as I will be out of pocket this next month. My OMPF had a lot of duplicates in FC 30, and I had a FC 38 that was incorrectly coded. Now my OMPF is squeaky clean all my awards except for a few that I recently received is in my OMPF as well.  The others are reflected in my LTR to the Board.

I only have two items that might be the deciding factor as to whether I get selected, one is a 1of 1 MP which unfortunately will not drop off until next cycle and although my eval was good it really does not reflect a breakout  from lasts years eval.  I honestly thought I had checked everything in my OMPF last cycle and was surprised by what I found that needed to be corrected, especially that FC 38 WOW, that could have been the deciding factor, who knows.  Lesson learned, you need to open each FC from 30-38. The Board members only have a few minutes to screen each record so you don't want them screening duplicates. 

I hope everyone the best in completing your packages, see ya in a few! 

Guest Yamzi-USN
5 hours ago, SeaBeeDoc said:

I honestly thought I had checked everything in my OMPF last cycle and was surprised by what I found that needed to be corrected, especially that FC 38 WOW, that could have been the deciding factor, who knows.

FC 38 Adverse Information. Anyone can help me what are the samples of adverse information? I have blank on my OMPF. Thanks.

Guest SeaBeeDoc

To: "mill_ompf-chg@navy.mil"

Subject: Corrections in OMPF (UNCLASSIFIED)

Date: Monday, March 13, 2017 3:49:00 PM

The following documents are blank pages and need to be omitted from my OMPF.

NAVPERS 1070/610 Change of Rate, Document ID 11725493

The following are documents are duplicates that needs to omitted from my OMPF

DD 214, Document ID 225180, Field Code 33, pg. 2

The FC 38 it was a unauthorized absence when I open it , it was actually a History of Assignments.

This is how I submitted it. 

I know I will get wide varying opinions.  Should I include my PRIMS printout in my LTB? No less than Excellent PFA score since 2011. Looking for pros and cons. I am of opinion that it should in fact hold weight, I am not getting by on the bare minimum consistently. 

Question to all of the CPO's, SCPO's, and MCPO's in this forum. Should I submit a most updated NAVPERS 1070/880 Awards Records as an enclosure in my LTB?  My NAVPERS 1070/880 Awards Record that's currently in my OMPF is when I reenlisted in 2013.  Since then, I've received awards and added awards that weren't in my 2013 NAVPERS 1070/880 Awards Record. Not sure if I should submit a most recent one. Thank you.

Guest navyordie123
6 hours ago, LSHARP said:

I know I will get wide varying opinions.  Should I include my PRIMS printout in my LTB? No less than Excellent PFA score since 2011. Looking for pros and cons. I am of opinion that it should in fact hold weight, I am not getting by on the bare minimum consistently. 

no you don't have to because your PRT score is on your eval and plus I believe that they look at your PRIMS data anyways.  anything that is on your eval or that is already in your record you should not have to submit because the board will see that already. now if you know if you have completed something recently and if you have doubts about it making it to you record on time, then definitely send it in. I hope that this helps you out.

3 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

no you don't have to because your PRT score is on your eval and plus I believe that they look at your PRIMS data anyways.  anything that is on your eval or that is already in your record you should not have to submit because the board will see that already. now if you know if you have completed something recently and if you have doubts about it making it to you record on time, then definitely send it in. I hope that this helps you out.

I was more looking toward the fact that I am not getting only a satisfactory I have been going above and beyond to maintain an excellent score since 2011. Navy eval only says PP everyone who hasn't failed has that. But if they look at it already then no need. Thanks. 

Guest navyordie123
16 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

I was more looking toward the fact that I am not getting only a satisfactory I have been going above and beyond to maintain an excellent score since 2011. Navy eval only says PP everyone who hasn't failed has that. 

are you a CFL? cause if you are that is on your eval and the board will know that you have been getting those scores but if you aren't then I would ask a Chief and see what the board looks at and if they don't look at that then definitely send it in.

Guest SUBLANT
3 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

..... plus I believe that they look at your PRIMS data anyways.  .......

27 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

........ But if they look at it already then no need. Thanks. 

The board does not see PRIMS data, Check out slide #7 of the ENLISTED SELECTION BOARD BRIEF at http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/activedutyenlisted/Pages/GeneralInformation.aspx

10 minutes ago, SUBLANT said:

The board does not see PRIMS data, Check out slide #7 of the ENLISTED SELECTION BOARD BRIEF at http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/activedutyenlisted/Pages/GeneralInformation.aspx

That's what I thought originally. Physical fitness is not as big of a factor for promotion as some of the other branches. I just don't know if it's worth it to submit. 

Guest navyordie123
36 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

That's what I thought originally. Physical fitness is not as big of a factor for promotion as some of the other branches. I just don't know if it's worth it to submit. 

Sorry for any misinformation. I thought that they might look at it, that's why I had said what I did. Thanks for the information SUBLANT.

Guest FCC_Thawk

Peeking my head in here for the first time in a while. If any FCPO's need help with their LTB, reach out to me. I'll do what I can. Best of luck come August!

Guest 7jake7

Hello everyone. My first post here. Does anyone have an LTB that contains explanations, not just the standard sample from NPC? I'm just trying to see the verbiage and the correct way to write it. Also, would it be necessary to point out how I overcame LIMDU and 3 PRT waivers? I got healthy, lost almost 40 lbs., got outstanding last cycle and became an ACFL/95PT. Not an easy task but I'm not sure if that matters to the board.

Guest Yamzi-USN

Got a question regarding OMPF Field Codes. So if your other field codes on  your record are not up-to-date, do you need to include it on your LTB as well? I am not talking about Evals and Awards Field Code. I am talking about like, History of assignments, Page 4, School Transcript, Re-enlistment Agreement, Extension Agreement, etc.

My first command isn't in my PSR but it is in my history of assignments. How much of an issue is this? I was active duty my first command before I converted to FTS. 

Guest CM1(AW)

Little birdie tells me they will be late as a nasty gram went out to reserve commands about not having tests in in time. That was as of last weekend at drill. I'm still waiting on my SSB results for CPO from last year. Board was in Feb 2017 and I'm the only person being looked at for a failure by NEOAS

Guest CM1(AW)

little birdie lied. results are out at the triad level. found out I made board. waiting on quotas so I can get an answer for last years board. gotta steal a quota from this year. good luck to all of you on making board.  lets get our packages square and off by 1 May.  heard that date is staying and they are not pushing to the right at all.

Guest Mestizo68
On 4/4/2017 at 0:28 AM, Yamzi-USN said:

Got a question regarding OMPF Field Codes. So if your other field codes on  your record are not up-to-date, do you need to include it on your LTB as well? I am not talking about Evals and Awards Field Code. I am talking about like, History of assignments, Page 4, School Transcript, Re-enlistment Agreement, Extension Agreement, etc.

If it is not documented in your OMPF, don't send it in. 

Guest Yamzi-USN

Is there an official naval message on how to do your LTB? Some type of guidance? I know there is a sample LTB in NPC website but is it just that?