FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest marcezj10

Thanks for the add again seems that this site is the only way to validate my craziness before the results.  

Guest The Man

I've been hearing a lot of the same rumors from my sources.  My question is this though. Would they do a longer phase 2? most commands around me are planning for a standard 6 week phase 2. that would put results out the 1st week of August.

My only complaint this year.... I's slotted for some bomb orders and its almost 50% for BMC. so not sure if id be able to keep my orders if I finally pick up.

Guest The Man

~papsmurf 

I know depends on a few things. let me tell you though. these are some dream orders.

anyways best of luck to everyone.

Guest Christyl
46 minutes ago, NavyPride34 said:

So my Senior Chief told me that the Chief's Mess is expecting the Active Duty results next week and my DIVO told me that another Officer friend of hers said that the Triad should have the results on Thursday 27JUL.  We shall see...

Omgoodness. I'm at TPU right now waiting to go to the ship.i hope its next week. That will definitely end my days of muster and leave. 

Guest AlphaMaleOne
2 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

I had to do a parfq yesterday.  I was like that's a lot of optimism Chief. 

I also had to do a PARFQ last week.  this is the first time I have ever had to do that.  kind of threw me off.

Guest Riverine Rat

I have not heard any news at my command but I am Recruiting and we are spread out. Not to mention I am trying to stay busy and not look at this forum every 5 seconds which is not working by the way. But what I do know on my end is this. We have are final CPO 365 for all board eligible FCPO next Wednesday and I quote (SHALL attend) now at a recruiting command we have both FTS and Active members waiting for results. Now most people might not read to much into it as most command want all eligible FCPO's to attend 365 but we cover three states and we are all meeting at one location where in the past we have had two locations to accommodate everyone so there is not a lot of window time going to and leave 365.  With everything I am reading on here its starting to sound like we all might get results the same day but that's just my thoughts. I would still expect active results around 2Aug triad release but this year is shaping up to be something else. Funny thing is that I am not stressing as bad this year like I have in the past. Just keeping PMA that I am making it this year. Good luck to all and hope to see everyone on the other side.

Guest Christyl
4 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

I had to do a parfq yesterday.  I was like that's a lot of optimism Chief. 

This is when you see people getting those LLD chits out of the blue. 

"Ohhh my back hurts"

"umm from lifting too many pizza boxes??"

Guest Christyl
2 minutes ago, Riverine Rat said:

I have not heard any news at my command but I am Recruiting and we are spread out. Not to mention I am trying to stay busy and not look at this forum every 5 seconds which is not working by the way. But what I do know on my end is this. We have are final CPO 365 for all board eligible FCPO next Wednesday and I quote (SHALL attend) now at a recruiting command we have both FTS and Active members waiting for results. Now most people might not read to much into it as most command want all eligible FCPO's to attend 365 but we cover three states and we are all meeting at one location where in the past we have had two locations to accommodate everyone so there is not a lot of window time going to and leave 365.  With everything I am reading on here its starting to sound like we all might get results the same day but that's just my thoughts. I would still expect active results around 2Aug triad release but this year is shaping up to be something else. Funny thing is that I am not stressing as bad this year like I have in the past. Just keeping PMA that I am making it this year. Good luck to all and hope to see everyone on the other side.

We do have a new MCPON who brought back initiation and believes in the Chiefs' Mess. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him give the mess more time to groom us. Just a thought. The MCPON is a very quite leader and strategic, I can see him doing this differently than in the past!

Guest Riverine Rat
4 minutes ago, Christyl said:

We do have a new MCPON who brought back initiation and believes in the Chiefs' Mess. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him give the mess more time to groom us. Just a thought. The MCPON is a very quite leader and strategic, I can see him doing this differently than in the past!

Yes we do and I for one like the new approach or old school approach to shaping the Navy. I like the fact he is quiet and sitting back observing before just coming in and changing everything. There are a lot of things we can do better and there are a lot of things that are working great so instead of making big policy changes lets change what we need to and keep what works.

Guest Christyl
1 minute ago, papasmurf said:

all i know is the SEJPME is a good way to pass the time.. ive had the PPME done for a while, but decided to get this done... 

Ahah. I totally knocked that out at home this winter because you don't have to have your CAC card. 

I heard of someone having their wife do theirs :D haha!! She wants that money lol 

2 hours ago, SeaBeeDoc said:

Evidently there were some administrative errors with the FTS board, at least this is the latest intel I received from one of the Chiefs here, thus the reason for the wait.

The only intel I have gotten so far is that the USS Fitzgerald mishap is the cause of the FTS/SELRES results delay. The flags have been extremely involved with it. However, I would be surprised if results don't show up next week. For AD, expect it by Aug 2 or sooner if we hit 100 pages by July 31st.

Guest Riverine Rat
1 minute ago, papasmurf said:

Super Dependa Status LOL 

yeah its deff 40+ hrs of clicking next.. I worked with Ech 3 command as a Logistics /Ops planner for the past few years on big joint exercises so its all really simple info to me..

yes I knocked mine out early as well and it is every bit of 40+ hrs. took me over a month doing little here little there

Guest HawkISback
11 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

all i know is the SEJPME is a good way to pass the time.. ive had the PPME done for a while, but decided to get this done... 

Gawd yes I was doing that last year. I'm working on a crypto course this year.  About the same feeling. 

Guest Christyl

we should share some funny things we have heard about what are in those chief boxes!! 

I once had someone tell me that there was doughnuts in them, hahah. 

Guest Christyl
Just now, papasmurf said:

lucky trinkets ...kinda like the old ladies have playing bingo... 

2f2785b5e203fa585a0620ddb495f3d5.jpg

Omg....  stop it :lol::lol: trolls!!!

Guest AlphaMaleOne

The last 2 years I made board but didn't have high hopes.  This year has been rough waiting, I have my Safe For Flight and ran my own shift, I was Line LPO and lead 56 Sailors and Marines, I was FCPOA President, I have documented community service, I was command SOY, Wing SOY, and competed in San Diego as a CNAP shore SOY Finalist for sailor of the year week and received a COM from air boss.   I am anxiously awaiting results to say the least.

Guest HawkISback
31 minutes ago, AlphaMaleOne said:

The last 2 years I made board but didn't have high hopes.  This year has been rough waiting, I have my Safe For Flight and ran my own shift, I was Line LPO and lead 56 Sailors and Marines, I was FCPOA President, I have documented community service, I was command SOY, Wing SOY, and competed in San Diego as a CNAP shore SOY Finalist for sailor of the year week and received a COM from air boss.   I am anxiously awaiting results to say the least.

I was there but for a different force!

Guest AlphaMaleOne
Just now, HawkISback said:

I was there but for a different force!

who were you there with?  good times!  I think the winery was the best event.  what about you?

Guest HawkISback
3 minutes ago, AlphaMaleOne said:

who were you there with?  good times!  I think the winery was the best event.  what about you?

Oh yeah that was fun. I was with SUBPAC. 

Guest PSjg78
1 hour ago, papasmurf said:

Ive had those done for about 3 years now.. sooo I heard there is a SEJPME 2 I gotta look into that one .....

Guest HawkISback
6 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

Ive had those done for about 3 years now.. sooo I heard there is a SEJPME 2 I gotta look into that one .....

Is that on jko to?